Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

Hope she makes a full recovery.
£5k, so naughty of WH.
Campersales was only £1k deposit.
I don’t understand the extortion from
WH.
Did you pay the £5k over the phone and can be classed as distance selling?
On a credit card or Bank Transfer ?
Sadly I paid it in person, we would still take the van but with Linda waiting to have surgery I know it will be a long recovery for her and if that van arrives in the next couple of months it's just going to be sat there doing nothing so I am in a quandry!

Sadly I paid it in person, we would still take the van but with Linda waiting to have surgery I know it will be a long recovery for her and if that van arrives in the next couple of months it's just going to be sat there doing nothing so I am in a quandry!
If they still have few in the waiting list you could ask they bump up some others in the list over you perhaps?

If they still have few in the waiting list you could ask they bump up some others in the list over you perhaps?
Thanks I will discuss it with Linda to see what she really thinks as we do want the van but will it be sat on the drive for months doing nothing

Get the van, park it up, plug it in once a week, use it for days out and picnics during convalescence, and then use it as intended later. Our beach used to spend weeks sitting on our drive waiting for us to use it, the new van will also, but it will be there when you both need it to be!

Get the van, park it up, plug it in once a week, use it for days out and picnics during convalescence, and then use it as intended later. Our beach used to spend weeks sitting on our drive waiting for us to use it, the new van will also, but it will be there when you both need it to be!
Thanks for that and I think that's what we will do as Linda saw something yesterday and said that might be good for the van so she is still positive and once we get her surgery done then she will be on the road to recovery, I am planning to retire from work within the next year and the Sven is what we want to travel together with our young dog to some of the great places in this country so it is a long term plan and this is a minor setback

Last edited:
Thanks for that and I think that's what we will do as Linda saw something yesterday and said that might be good for the van so she is still positive and once we get her surgery done then she will be on the road to recovery, I am planning to retire from work within the next year and the Sven is what we want to travel together with our young dog to some of the great places in this country so it is a long term plan and this is a minor setback
I agree planning and researching what to buy for your new plan is a much underrated therapeutic activity !

I had doubts that I'd bought the wrong van within a couple of trips away in the Cali, certainly haven't had that with the Sven and can't get away enough. Trust me you'll love it, I wouldn't swap it for any van even at £25k more.

I agree planning and researching what to buy for your new plan is a much underrated therapeutic activity !

I had doubts that I'd bought the wrong van within a couple of trips away in the Cali, certainly haven't had that with the Sven and can't get away enough. Trust me you'll love it, I wouldn't swap it for any van even at £25k more.
Thanks Barry that makes me feel even better and this van was ordered in January and we know how much we will use it and love it especially when I finish work there are so many wild places to go in this country and I know that us not having solar it restricts us to campsites but there are a lot of fab sites, I am still toying with the idea of buying a Solix c1000 I wonder if we could survive off grid without solar for one night with a powerbank as well

Thanks Barry that makes me feel even better and this van was ordered in January and we know how much we will use it and love it especially when I finish work there are so many wild places to go in this country and I know that us not having solar it restricts us to campsites but there are a lot of fab sites, I am still toying with the idea of buying a Solix c1000 I wonder if we could survive off grid without solar for one night with a powerbank as well

Get and external panel to charge the solix when parked up. Easy fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. I just got myself an Anker Solix C1000 during prime day - £599. I’ve got a foldaway 160w solar panel. Great bits of kit.
Damn I missed that offer :( I am sure it will come again as the van isn't here yet, do you reckon with the Solix and a solar panel to charge it we could be off grid for a couple of nights before the leisure batteries need charging?

Damn I missed that offer :( I am sure it will come again as the van isn't here yet, do you reckon with the Solix and a solar panel to charge it we could be off grid for a couple of nights before the leisure batteries need charging?
Surely the Sven can manage 2 nights without hookup or solar. Will it only have 1 leisure battery?

Surely the Sven can manage 2 nights without hookup or solar. Will it only have 1 leisure battery?
It has two leisure batteries one is around 92ah and the other is around 70ah is that enough do you reckon

It has two leisure batteries one is around 92ah and the other is around 70ah is that enough do you reckon
Yes, fridge lights and diesel/gas heating will take the juice. If you're anxious about it just test it out at home after a full charge. Get the fridge to working temp whilst on charge then remove hookup and see how long the battery lasts with the fridge on along with some phone charging, lights etc.

Yes, fridge lights and diesel/gas heating will take the juice. If you're anxious about it just test it out at home after a full charge. Get the fridge to working temp whilst on charge then remove hookup and see how long the battery lasts with the fridge on along with some phone charging, lights etc.
Great idea thanks Larry

Great idea thanks Larry
welcome. If you're thinking of more off site camping solar would help a lot. Our Club Joker only has 100w of solar but this time of year it means we can leave the fridge on permanently even if the van isn't driven or hooked up.

welcome. If you're thinking of more off site camping solar would help a lot. Our Club Joker only has 100w of solar but this time of year it means we can leave the fridge on permanently even if the van isn't driven or hooked up.
I'm not really sure how much off grid we would do as never having a van with a toilet I would be concerned about emptying and cleaning the cassette if I was off grid, how do you deal with that is it a case of going to a site and paying them to let me empty it?

I'm not really sure how much off grid we would do as never having a van with a toilet I would be concerned about emptying and cleaning the cassette if I was off grid, how do you deal with that is it a case of going to a site and paying them to let me empty it?
There are sites that let you fill and empty water, empty cassette etc for a small fee or just stop at a site every2/3 days to use facilites etc.
You can buy a spare cassette to give you extra capacity but you will need to stop somewhere for water anyway after a few days.
We use Elsan green organic toilet fluid which can be emptied down any w.c. if necessary without breaching regs that apply to the pink and blue stuff.

There are sites that let you fill and empty water, empty cassette etc for a small fee or just stop at a site every2/3 days to use facilites etc.
You can buy a spare cassette to give you extra capacity but you will need to stop somewhere for water anyway after a few days.
We use Elsan green organic toilet fluid which can be emptied down any w.c. if necessary without breaching regs that apply to the pink and blue stuff.
Brilliant thanks I didn't know what make of cassette fluid to use so that's good to know :)

Tbh we’ve just come back from 6 weeks in Spain. Whilst staying at a few ‘wild’ stops without electric is fine for a few days, we nearly always end up on a site. We just like being on a site generally. To wild camp in the UK is nearly impossible really (much easier on the continent), but with sites so cheap abroad out of season why bother?

Tbh we’ve just come back from 6 weeks in Spain. Whilst staying at a few ‘wild’ stops without electric is fine for a few days, we nearly always end up on a site. We just like being on a site generally. To wild camp in the UK is nearly impossible really (much easier on the continent), but with sites so cheap abroad out of season why bother?
Nice one I bet you loved it :) I know we won't do much off grid as I am wary about locals having a go at us and damaging our van so it will be mainly sites but if that Solix is on offer again at £599 I would probably get one

You’d survive with a EcoFlow Delta 2 and single foldable solar panel.
Plenty enough for 3pin 240v fun.
And you can also run the engine for 10 minutes to blast some charge in the lesuire Batts.
And yep, just get the van.
Have fun packing and kitting it out on the drive and become accustomed to it for a few months.
It will be a welcome distraction for you too as you need some time while wifey recovering.
I was so close to having a Sven.
Bit gutted, but everything happens for a reason.
And a larger van will someday arrive.
Slightly jel of the retirement plans.
I reckon I’ve got another 6 to 7 years yet.

You’d survive with a EcoFlow Delta 2 and single foldable solar panel.
Plenty enough for 3pin 240v fun.
And you can also run the engine for 10 minutes to blast some charge in the lesuire Batts.
And yep, just get the van.
Have fun packing and kitting it out on the drive and become accustomed to it for a few months.
It will be a welcome distraction for you too as you need some time while wifey recovering.
I was so close to having a Sven.
Bit gutted, but everything happens for a reason.
And a larger van will someday arrive.
Slightly jel of the retirement plans.
I reckon I’ve got another 6 to 7 years yet.
Thanks for the kind words Bill and you are so right on every point, Linda is very positive which is great she did the injury last Saturday and nothing has been done yet but we have an appointment with the surgeon this Tuesday so surely they can't leave her without surgery for much longer! It will be fun kitting it out I just don't know what to do about a spare wheel I know a lot on here don't carry one but I know it will always be at the back of my mind what if I get a puncture!!!

Take the anker into Starbucks and it’s recharged for a small coffee

Thanks for the kind words Bill and you are so right on every point, Linda is very positive which is great she did the injury last Saturday and nothing has been done yet but we have an appointment with the surgeon this Tuesday so surely they can't leave her without surgery for much longer! It will be fun kitting it out I just don't know what to do about a spare wheel I know a lot on here don't carry one but I know it will always be at the back of my mind what if I get a puncture!!!
In the Sven I nearly bought, the guy had a spare steel wheel and same size 17” tyre, ratchet strapped inside on the floor in the back end.
IMG_2389.jpeg