Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

I know what you mean did you use comfort to insure it and did you get breakdown with comfort as well, do you know what sort of breakdown cover comes with the Sven as standard?
I'm not 100% sure but like practically all new cars you get manufacturers breakdown cover whilst the car is under warranty. But I also get breakdown cover with my bank account in any event.

Yes I did use Comfort, they were the cheapest by a mile when I had my California. I know alloys are really popular and look great, but steel wheels are generally a lot stronger so less likely to damage if you hit a big rock or pothole and of course scuffing is less of an issue.

What’s on the roof?
Starlight blue, one of my favourites
How are you finding it after your Cali? It looks absolutely stunning!

How are you finding it after your Cali? It looks absolutely stunning!
I'm sorry if my replies look weird. Struggling with Internet problem at the moment. I'm on the Isle of Skye.
The Raven has a solar panel on the roof and a 4G/5G aerial for my router. All has worked brilliantly until this evening! A 300w inverter allows me to run my laptop without electric hookup. Thule dipping bike rack on the towbar allows me to carry a Thule Backup Box for additional storage. I had to adapt the bike rack to allow the tailgate to open.
Finding it great. Being of an age where I have to get up in the night, the toilet is a godsend. Love being able to sit in the lounge/eating area, and being able to stand up and walk into the galley. Proper little fridge at eye height is also a boon after Cali top loader. And a shower and hot water! Have had a detachable ladder installed to make getting into the 'upstairs' bed easier. Side door and window insect screens essential on my current NC500 / Orkney / Skye trip. Drives very much like my old Cali

Last edited:
I looked at that starlight blue Westfalia in May, but it was being sold through an agent. So I went for brand new from Campersales. Brilliant people who helped me with my additional requirements and gave me a great price for my Blackberry 2016 California Ocean - which I'd driven for six years after buying it from Campervantastic. Have previously had a T5 Bilbo's Celex (from new), a T3, T2, and a 'splitty' - converted myself from a delivery van in Australia - went round Oz in that in 1969/70.

I looked at that starlight blue Westfalia in May, but it was being sold through an agent. So I went for brand new from Campersales. Brilliant people who helped me with my additional requirements and gave me a great price for my Blackberry 2016 California Ocean - which I'd driven for six years after buying it from Campervantastic. Have previously had a T5 Bilbo's Celex (from new), a T3, T2, and a 'splitty' - converted myself from a delivery van in Australia - went round Oz in that in 1969/70.

Your old van by any chance…

That's my baby. Still feel a little sad.
Your old van by any chance…

Just seen a Sven for sale in Ireland, not cheap over there, not even got alloys for that price.

Just seen a Sven for sale in Ireland, not cheap over there, not even got alloys for that price.
That’s a lot of money.
Like £20k more than a new one.

That’s a lot of money.
Like £20k more than a new one.
That's Ireland car market/taxes for you. Brother in law lives there and bought a new 5 series touring over here and paid the import duties, saved a fortune.

Just a heads up if you're struggling for carpet mats for the Westy's or any other van, I had one made for the Club Joker. I bought a T6 cab mat and door pocket mats very cheaply from Harrison Trim Supplies who had a stand at a VW show. I then measured up a carpet mat for the CJ rear seat and entrance area. Harrison's made this for £25 plus carriage. It's not Brandrup carpet but it's hard wearing and comes in different colours and edging etc. A full set for me was about £65 inc door pockets, cab and postage.20240905_190602.jpg20240905_190343.jpg20240905_190445.jpg

Tell me about it, not having even basic alloys is just stingy. Their official line is owner like to personalise so they only include basic wheels, which is spin of the highest degree!

It's odd really on any car I buy, I have to have the best looking lowest profile alloys but on the van it seems to matter a lot less. I suppose one advantage of steel wheels is they're highly unlikely to buckle or scratch.