Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

They will actually fit straight on the Sven !
Think they will stick out a little bit more as they 35 offset and MAN are 50 offset.

Didn’t know it came with alloys as new.
Thought it was 17” steelies.
This had 17” alloys on the Autotrader list.
I’ll find out in 1.5 hours !
If it’s factory solar and alloys, then Brucie bonus.
Use to be able to spec all sorts on the Sven. It will be the dealer solar.

Hopefully you won’t need a westy dealer as they tend to look after their own customers over private purchases.
Have heard a few people struggle to get help/warranty/parts etc.

WOW Bill you struck a deal well done you that is a stunner I bet it's immaculate isn't it, that's the exact colour we have ordered, so did they give you what you wanted for the Cali?
I got a deal that I couldn’t resist tbh.
It was a demo for WandaHome.
Then the previous owner had it for 20 months, lady owner.
It’s only done 7k miles.
It’s got CAMC, Britstops and NT window stickers.
Got carpet all the way inside, and rubber mats.
Little sticker blocks to stop doors rubbing.
Spare steel wheel strapped in the boot area.
Rubber sink foldable basin.
Toilet and shower immaculate.
Rear full blind. Front and side blinds.
Two 907 full gas tanks, on a little wooden built platform in the gas tank area.
Tested it all working.
Full tank of diesel.
Paintwork is immaculate.
Helicopter tape up by awning handle.
It’s got a raised rack thing on the back where the large solar is attached.
The solamar MPPT is a bit naff, but I have all my victron kit.
Everything works.
Apart from side step and both lesuires need replacing. They are doing as part of the deal.
And it’s first service using MAN parts.
It’s had a Hab check at end of 2023.

IMG_2391.jpeg

I got a deal that I couldn’t resist tbh.
It was a demo for WandaHome.
Then the previous owner had it for 20 months, lady owner.
It’s only done 7k miles.
It’s got CAMC, Britstops and NT window stickers.
Got carpet all the way inside, and rubber mats.
Little sticker blocks to stop doors rubbing.
Spare steel wheel strapped in the boot area.
Rubber sink foldable basin.
Toilet and shower immaculate.
Rear full blind. Front and side blinds.
Two 907 full gas tanks, on a little wooden built platform in the gas tank area.
Tested it all working.
Full tank of diesel.
Paintwork is immaculate.
Helicopter tape up by awning handle.
It’s got a raised rack thing on the back where the large solar is attached.
The solamar MPPT is a bit naff, but I have all my victron kit.
Everything works.
Apart from side step and both lesuires need replacing. They are doing as part of the deal.
And it’s first service using MAN parts.
It’s had a Hab check at end of 2023.

View attachment 124651
That is totally brilliant I am so pleased for you and so glad you got a great deal it looks amazing I can't wait to get ours, I wonder where the carpets are from as we will need some, great that they are replacing the leisure batteries as well i do like the idea of a spare wheel in the back any chance of some pictures how it's been strapped in when you get it, I would feel nervous not having a spare, has yours got a jack or is it just the wheel?

Use to be able to spec all sorts on the Sven. It will be the dealer solar.

Hopefully you won’t need a westy dealer as they tend to look after their own customers over private purchases.
I’ll be able to order parts to my friend in Germany. Then get them shipped over as replacement parts and not pay tax.
I’m good with my hands, as I’m an engineer, so should be able to get most of replacements fitted myself.
Son in law used to work at a well know German make car mechanic bay.
Also have a couple of excellent mechanics nearby. So I think it will all be okay.
And lots of MAN centres around West Midlands.
I saw a few MAN around 3 years old that had some nearly 300k miles. So they must be able to handle the mileage.

That is totally brilliant I am so pleased for you and so glad you got a great deal it looks amazing I can't wait to get ours, I wonder where the carpets are from as we will need some, great that they are replacing the leisure batteries as well i do like the idea of a spare wheel in the back any chance of some pictures how it's been strapped in when you get it, I would feel nervous not having a spare, has yours got a jack or is it just the wheel?
I have a 3tonne bottle jack, I wouldn’t trust their scissor jack at all.

Carpet is cut up Dunelm, the same as what I’ve used for my wood effect floor in the Cali.
But nice to know they looked after it as soon as they got it.

I’ll be able to order parts to my friend in Germany. Then get them shipped over as replacement parts and not pay tax.
I’m good with my hands, as I’m an engineer, so should be able to get most of replacements fitted myself.
Son in law used to work at a well know German make car mechanic bay.
Also have a couple of excellent mechanics nearby. So I think it will all be okay.
And lots of MAN centres around West Midlands.
I saw a few MAN around 3 years old that had some nearly 300k miles. So they must be able to handle the mileage.
That’s what I done with my silver joker, lots of parts they use aren’t exclusive to westy and can be easily sourced.
Looks a great buy :thumb

That’s what I done with my silver joker, lots of parts they use aren’t exclusive to westy and can be easily sourced.
Looks a great buy :thumb
That’s good to hear, and thanks !

One question I have for Sven owners.
The rotary control for the underfloor heating, I can understand that.
But what does the bright light and dim light do / mean ?

Scrub that, found it dims the kitchen strip light. :thumb

IMG_2403.png

Last edited:
Carpet is cut up Dunelm, the same as what I’ve used for my wood effect floor in the Cali.
But nice to know they looked after it as soon as they got it.
You may find that the carpets impede the underloor heating a little in the winter but you can always remove them in the winter. Also on the FB page there's a chap selling lovely custom made sink covers which fit flush and double up as chopping boards. They look great and are really popular - we've ordered an oak one and it looks stunning!

I've heard that too, and if so that is a disgrace and I blame Westfalia. The could quite easily direct their dealers to look after all owners and if they don't they risk their franchise. Basically there is a 50% chance that either dealer supplied the van in the first place so they should look after customers irrespective of where they bought it from!

You may find that the carpets impede the underloor heating a little in the winter but you can always remove them in the winter. Also on the FB page there's a chap selling lovely custom made sink covers which fit flush and double up as chopping boards. They look great and are really popular - we've ordered an oak one and it looks stunning!
There is one in dark oak on top of the glass double burner, so that’s good to know.
Can use it as a chopping block.

I've heard that too, and if so that is a disgrace and I blame Westfalia. The could quite easily direct their dealers to look after all owners and if they don't they risk their franchise. Basically there is a 50% chance that either dealer supplied the van in the first place so they should look after customers irrespective of where they bought it from!
I’ve had a good chat with Richard from Campersales and Chris from Wanda home, they both seem to be nice chaps and want continued business, so I’m sure they would be able to sort out ordering WestFalia items if need be.

I’ve had a good chat with Richard from Campersales and Chris from Wanda home, they both seem to be nice chaps and want continued business, so I’m sure they would be able to sort out ordering WestFalia items if need be.
You need Rob or Zoe as they run/owners campersales.
I think westfalia Germany can’t afford to lose the dealers they have as lowdens stopped selling there vans due to deliveries and other crap!
Small businesses will always put there customers first over a private purchase guess that’s why you pay a premium at a westy dealer.
I was very glad of that with the issues my new bronze joker had.

I’m sure that if your van purchased from wandahomes had issues you would want it looked at sorted before someone who bought elsewhere.
It’s tough but westfalia uk is very small and there’s starting to get lots of vans in the uk so something got to give, of Westfalia Germany don’t want to spend more time/money investing in new dealers.
They seem more interested in banging out 100s of different models!!!!!

You need Rob or Zoe as they run/owners campersales.
I think westfalia Germany can’t afford to lose the dealers they have as lowdens stopped selling there vans due to deliveries and other crap!
Small businesses will always put there customers first over a private purchase guess that’s why you pay a premium at a westy dealer.
I was very glad of that with the issues my new bronze joker had.

What parts are truly Westy? I’ve swapped out so many things on my Club Joker for better quality parts. That said, besides the cabinets and maybe seat covers everything else is available quite easily. Thule awning, water pumps, Eberspacher heater and water boiler parts, isotherm fridge, Dometic windows Reimo roof vents, Frolli mattress, etc.

The biggest issue is getting actual wiring diagrams or diagrams for the heating and boiler units. The parts are not difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What parts are truly Westy? I’ve swapped out so many things on my Club Joker for better quality parts. That said, besides the cabinets and maybe seat covers everything else is available quite easily. Thule awning, water pumps, Eberspacher heater and water boiler parts, isotherm fridge, Dometic windows Reimo roof vents, Frolli mattress, etc.

The biggest issue is getting actual wiring diagrams or diagrams for the heating and boiler units. The parts are not difficult.

I would have thought the old school radio looking controller and maybe the moulded plastic. Very little.
Had to replace my boiler reservoir bottle on silver joker, think that was alde.

I would have thought the old school radio looking controller and maybe the moulded plastic. Very little.
Had to replace my boiler reservoir bottle on silver joker, think that was alde.

Ok, and the controller. But if it really fails and you fine it impossible to get a replacement you can swap with an Eberspacher. Guys on the Westfalia fans forum are doing that anyway to enable remote activation of heating with an iOS or Android app.

Ok, and the controller. But if it really fails and you fine it impossible to get a replacement you can swap with an Eberspacher. Guys on the Westfalia fans forum are doing that anyway to enable remote activation of heating with an iOS or Android app.

Been using them since the 90s old school stuff like that rarely fails, probably why they stuck with it for so long :thumb

Been using them since the 90s old school stuff like that rarely fails, probably why they stuck with it for so long :thumb

From what I’ve learned all vans have issues of some sort. Even the Cali’s with bellows gate, etc. Westfalia support sucks in general even if you have a good dealer. They are slow to deal with it. I guess I accepted that going in as the Club Joker high roof was a great base to start with. Every vendor cuts costs too.

I already replaced the water pump with a higher psi Reich and changed the shower head to provide more flow and comfort, etc.

Perhaps I’m just a seasoned veteran having over 55 cars and vans in my lifetime. Having a mechanic I trust is rule #1. The rest is fixable by me or him.

Joker is a great van 4 1/2yrs of owning them, but if I was going budge busting I would jump ship for this beast!
I need cheap these days for the stuff I love doing
IMG_7382.png

Joker is a great van 4 1/2yrs of owning them, but if I was going budge busting I would jump ship for this beast!
I need cheap these days for the stuff I love doing
View attachment 124672

Yeah the Crossover is pretty nice. But still big. The nice thing about the Joker is what you get for the size if using as a daily driver. And I’ll take a 4Motion Joker over a Nugget any day.

Where is this Westfalia fans forum you speak off. Going full rain man swamper on the Sven. Just can’t help myself :help