Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

Several farms just outside the M25 have sold out. It looks like I’ll have to go all the way to Maidstone unless we buy eggs and an incubator.
I used to hatch eggs but always got a disproportionate number of cockerels. Also they won’t lay until they are around 20 weeks old.

I'm looking out of the window of our flat at the van sitting outside. I suppose if we get too desperate for a holiday we could go and sleep in it in the street for a change of scene. Just better avoid Wednesday nights as the bins get collected Thursday morning and it'd be a bit noisy.

Anyone seen social media and the backlash from the caravan and motorhome club saying they are staying open considering all that is going on, absolutely disgusting and I for one will not be renewing my membership.

Why is every thread bring merged into this one ?

Totally agree, people need to stay at home and not head off on holiday, it's not all about passing the virus to others it is bringing it to a new area. We only have one hospital down here in Cornwall and if everyone heads to the West Country the emergency services just will not cope.

Please please stay at home

I’m an adult education tutor for the local council. All our learning centres are closed and we’re desperately trying to teach via distance learning. I have much more work to do than when I’m actually in. We have all had to fill in a skills survey to log qualifications and skills. I ticked that I have a teaching degree and a current certificate as a mental health first aider and responder. I was also able to report that I am fit and able to lift, carry and move things. Look out for me if you live in Derbyshire, I could be emptying your bins :thumb

I’m 65 next month. I ride a 214 bhp motorcycle and I drink more than I probably should (not at the same time, I hasten to add) so my chances of living to a ripe old age are probably slim. Ain’t no virus gonna keep me at home. Dislike all you want, just look at the date of the post first. Then look at my more recent posts for an update.
I’m 44, I ride a motorbike, I drink as well, and I’m an intensive care physician in the most affected city in the world. Let me say this thing: we leave healthy people aged 65-70 die because there’re no beds in ICUs. We pushed the limits beyond and beyond, and we count thousands of deaths, not only for coronavirus, but because health system is collapsed. I live and work in the richest part of Italy, eith probably the best health system. When other regions of the country will reach our point, will be catastrophic. Ambulances used to reach a patients in less than 8 minutes, now they need one hour or more. I don’t know if you’re prepared in UK or not, if your health system is better than our. But the sing’ll the fan, and if you think it won’t block you at home, you must be really, really stupid. Sorry buddy, good luck

I’m 44, I ride a motorbike, I drink as well, and I’m an intensive care physician in the most affected city in the world. Let me say this thing: we leave healthy people aged 65-70 die because there’re no beds in ICUs. We pushed the limits beyond and beyond, and we count thousands of deaths, not only for coronavirus, but because health system is collapsed. I live and work in the richest part of Italy, eith probably the best health system. When other regions of the country will reach our point, will be catastrophic. Ambulances used to reach a patients in less than 8 minutes, now they need one hour or more. I don’t know if you’re prepared in UK or not, if your health system is better than our. But the sing’ll the fan, and if you think it won’t block you at home, you must be really, really stupid. Sorry buddy, good luck
Good on you. Stay safe and continue your good work. I could have deleted my post (still could) but, do you know what, I don’t want to. I stand by my comments made at the time. If the human race survives this, there needs to be a record of how people were thinking at the time. If that makes me unpopular, so be it.

We were on the M5 today and loads of caravans heading to Devon and Cornwall, totally idiots , some even had kids with them.

Good on you. Stay safe and continue your good work. I could have deleted my post (still could) but, do you know what, I don’t want to. I stand by my comments made at the time. If the human race survives this, there needs to be a record of how people were thinking at the time. If that makes me unpopular, so be it.

You’ll never know the ramifications of who you have potentially infected even if you show no symptoms.. This is about taking personal responsibility for us as a collective society.

Should have been in Scotland for 10 days now but cancelled, thought we might have gone to Wales this weekend but decided not to. Posted a pic of Morecambe bay yesterday when I was up there working. I am on the key workers list, went shopping for some essentials after work today at about 1pm and gave up after the third supermarket.

You’ll never know the ramifications of who you have potentially infected even if you show no symptoms.. This is about taking personal responsibility for us as a collective society.
I know that. Have you read my recent posts?

We were on the M5 today and loads of caravans heading to Devon and Cornwall, totally idiots , some even had kids with them.

Morons. Won’t be going on for much longer, govt will go full lockdown.

Things have changed a lot in a week

respect to you for your honesty

Same here in Wales. Please everyone, just stay at home. Your primary one if you have more than one and that includes a Cali.

Do you accept refugees or do you build a wall?

Are they your medical resources or are you prepared to share?

Do rural communities also have a ‘responsibility’ to offer shelter?

(Playing devils advocate in the moral maze :) )

Keep your distance. I had a nice chat with an old woman today whilst out walking the dogs. I wanted to see if she was okay and give here a bit of reassurance. I kept my distance, for her sake, and moved away when I felt the space between us was too close.

It’ll be irrelevant next week when the govt tells us to stay at home rather than ask us.

I'm looking out of the window of our flat at the van sitting outside. I suppose if we get too desperate for a holiday we could go and sleep in it in the street for a change of scene. Just better avoid Wednesday nights as the bins get collected Thursday morning and it'd be a bit noisy.
We are yet to go away in our new Cali and as we are self isolation due to our 5 year old having a cough on Tuesday, and there is no prospect of us going out for a further 9 days. Mrs gas developed a dry cough yesterday but were pretty sure it’s just a cold from little one but you just dont know at this time. So we will continue to self isolate despite myself being a key worker and having to let my colleagues at work have the burden of going out to work and possibly bringing home this virus to there family. So me and the little one are in the Cali on the drive sleeping in here for our first ever night. His excitement knows no bounds. I’m excited for him but on the other hand gutted that his mum is 20 yards away and can’t join us. It was not how I envisioned our first night in the Cali

Services are based on population. People start upsetting that balance and it’s going to make matters worse.

Mike

Thanks for taking the time to post. I’ve been following the unfolding tragedy in your country and when I saw today’s figures I’m not ashamed to say I shed a tear.
We have had a bit more time here than you had and we have to hope that we have used it wisely, are able to flatten the spike enough and support our Health Service enough to at least reduce the number of deaths.

in bocca al lupo

Mike

Thank you. Grazie. We have yet to live the storm. It is coming. I think the government are prepared as much as they can be knowing our health service will totter and collapse, and meanwhile the population lives in denial.

Here in our town in Germany they have just had a meeting
with the THW, DLRG and DRK and are outlining which schools
and hotels will be used as makeshift hospitals.

The town council are all back in tomorrow - sunday- i think this
crisis is on our doorstep now.

THW - technical help werk
DLRG - german life saving association
DRK. german red cross

Same here in Wales. Please everyone, just stay at home. Your primary one if you have more than one and that includes a Cali.

A message from North Wales Mountain Rescue

“We seem to have had an almost "bank holiday" day in the mountains and hills of North Wales. From Moel Famau in the east, through all the popular mountains in Snowdonia, people seem to have been out in force.

Both the Llanberis and Ogwen teams have dealt with incidents, at least two of which have involved inexperienced people getting lost or stuck.

We support people getting exercise.... BUT

Exceptional times require exceptional messages.

DO NOT go to the hills and mountains if you have COVID-19 or are self-isolating, if you do and need rescuing there's no guarantee we will be able to do so. You are threatening the lives of volunteers.
DO NOT engage in hazardous activity if you are inexperienced, you will be needlessly risking your lives and others at a time when hospital beds and critical care are at a premium.
DO maintain a minimum 2 metre distance from others where possible.
IF you choose to go out to the hills and mountains, beware that Mountain Rescue may not be available as our members may get sick too and you may have to wait a prolonged period of time or even be required to self-rescue.
Mountain Rescuers are volunteers; many of whom work for the emergency services and NHS. Please don't risk their lives by being irresponsible.”

Last edited:
Back