Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

You probably haven’t read my post from today 6 or so above this one. :thumb
At least you are recognising your mistake .. but you were pretty cocky unfortunately (in your earlier posts). The ill informed spoutings of the loud but stupid, can have dangerous ramifications by diluting the important messages of the more aware. A lesson learned i hope.

I hope this thread doesn't get closed down too.

The ones that get closed don't even get the chance to have
a last blast in The 3 cocks.

You'll have to edit your post Joker or this is gonna run and run.

Morons. Won’t be going on for much longer, govt will go full lockdown.

If you have a holiday home in Cornwall, your kids are on holiday, and you need to keep away from elderly relatives - it might not be such a bad idea.

I’ve spoken with Clare about removing ourselves from London to my parents holiday home on the south coast. Clare’s dad is locked up in his care home, no visitors allowed unless to say farewell to a dead body. Her mum and stepfather are shut in their home. My parents, newly back from an aborted trip along the coast of Norway go out just once a day to walk the dogs.

Yes - I can see the attraction of evacuating to a holiday home in Cornwall, especially if you have children to entertain.

We’ve decided to stay here and buy some chickens instead.

At least you are recognising your mistake .. but you were pretty cocky unfortunately (in your earlier posts). The ill informed spoutings of the loud but stupid, can have dangerous ramifications by diluting the important messages of the more aware. A lesson learned i hope.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Come on, a week ago, how many would have predicted where we are now. Loud but stupid? Wrong, maybe, but no need to be rude.

I hope this thread doesn't get closed down too.

The ones that get closed don't even get the chance to have
a last blast in The 3 cocks.

You'll have to edit your post Joker or this is gonna run and run.
But I have. I won’t delete it though.

I canceled cali insurance because I have a feeling we might not drive much this year. I expect borders to be closed at least till autumn, might be longer. Then there is another huge tsunami coming, a huge recession or even according to lots of financial analysts a great depression. It had to come this year by all the signs, so now just a question of how devastating it will be.

9b994441823c593b56aa68a74123923f.jpg

Nasty Devonians

My friend went shopping today and told me this:
So guys I did a massive shop earlier as there was a big delivery in. Bought loo roll, pasta, bread, soup, hand gels the lot. My trolley was absolutely rammed full. Then I saw this old girl behind me with only two things. She looked sad and said, "I’ve only managed to get a box of Kleenex and a bag of nuts everything else is gone."
I felt terrible. Here I am with all this stuff waiting in line and this poor old girl had sod all.
So I did the right thing and said to her, "Go on love, you go in front, you’ve only got two things!"

Here in our town in Germany they have just had a meeting
with the THW, DLRG and DRK and are outlining which schools
and hotels will be used as makeshift hospitals.

The town council are all back in tomorrow - sunday- i think this
crisis is on our doorstep now.

THW - technical help werk
DLRG - german life saving association
DRK. german red cross
I’ve seen some of the figures for numbers tested positive and the number of people who have died in Germany on the bbc website and noticed that the number of deaths to infections seems to be much lower than other European countries I was wondering how Germany managed to achieve those figures ?

Stay at Home is without doubt the message.
1584827798754.png

If you have a holiday home in Cornwall, your kids are on holiday, and you need to keep away from elderly relatives - it might not be such a bad idea.

I’ve spoken with Clare about removing ourselves from London to my parents holiday home on the south coast. Clare’s dad is locked up in his care home, no visitors allowed unless to say farewell to a dead body. Her mum and stepfather are shut in their home. My parents, newly back from an aborted trip along the coast of Norway go out just once a day to walk the dogs.

Yes - I can see the attraction of evacuating to a holiday home in Cornwall, especially if you have children to entertain.

We’ve decided to stay here and buy some chickens instead.

Sounds horrendous and hope your circumstances work out. My mother lives in Truro and sister in St Agnes. They are all extremely worried about the situation down there. There is 1 hospital, that’s it. It’s stretched to the max at the best of times, elderly population and all that. My mother and stepfather have shut themselves in. My sister and family with 2 young kids are on lockdown. No beaches, nothing, they aren’t going anywhere (those kids literally live on Aggie beach normally). To have thousands of emmets suddenly decend in the middle of a global pandemic is just unacceptable. If It gets bad, I suspect the locals will be ‘having a quiet word’.

We’re in North Wales. My wife has just read on our community forum that there were streams of campervans coming up the A5 today. Local residents are extremely concerned, not just because we don’t have the medical facilities but contagion being introduced into the area. Everyone is safest at home, which is what the NHS is urging us to do.

My friend went shopping today and told me this:
So guys I did a massive shop earlier as there was a big delivery in. Bought loo roll, pasta, bread, soup, hand gels the lot. My trolley was absolutely rammed full. Then I saw this old girl behind me with only two things. She looked sad and said, "I’ve only managed to get a box of Kleenex and a bag of nuts everything else is gone."
I felt terrible. Here I am with all this stuff waiting in line and this poor old girl had sod all.
So I did the right thing and said to her, "Go on love, you go in front, you’ve only got two things!"
Elly that really made me laugh but I had a small rant earlier when I went for some shopping just after lunch and the shelves were empty.

I’ve seen some of the figures for numbers tested positive and the number of people who have died in Germany on the bbc website and noticed that the number of deaths to infections seems to be much lower than other European countries I was wondering how Germany managed to achieve those figures ?
Maybe Germans don’t visit the BBC website as much as the rest of us ;)

I believe that they have put the death down to the underlying health issue.

1584828713921.jpeg
A press photo taken at the Pen y Pass car park by Snowdon today. The car park (which I suspect many on here will know) was full with hundreds of cars parked on the nearby roads.
Large chunks of the population just don’t seem to be getting the message

STAY AT HOME

Back