Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

I’ve seen some of the figures for numbers tested positive and the number of people who have died in Germany on the bbc website and noticed that the number of deaths to infections seems to be much lower than other European countries I was wondering how Germany managed to achieve those figures ?
I don't know the answer to that,
I do know that as of the middle of last week they had
a drive through testing station in our town, so if they did it
in every town, then when the results return next week then those figures
will change, for sure.

About 3 weeks ago i heard that a few people in my circle were stocking
up on provisions, i initially thought that this was madness, now i think
different, as they have already stocked up and therefore not going out
shopping.
People are taking it quite serious here, its like a ghost town.

View attachment 56416
A press photo taken at the Pen y Pass car park by Snowdon today. The car park (which I suspect many on here will know) was full with hundreds of cars parked on the nearby roads.
Large chunks of the population just don’t seem to be getting the message

STAY AT HOME
Every other country must think we are stupid. It's getting embarrassing!!

View attachment 56416
A press photo taken at the Pen y Pass car park by Snowdon today. The car park (which I suspect many on here will know) was full with hundreds of cars parked on the nearby roads.

STAY AT HOME
Have you seen the pics from the highlands?
1584830012123.png[/QUOTE]

View attachment 56416

STAY AT HOME

Has to be full lockdown otherwise civil unrest will be next.

I don't know the answer to that,
I do know that as of the middle of last week they had
a drive through testing station in our town, so if they did it
in every town, then when the results return next week then those figures
will change, for sure.

About 3 weeks ago i heard that a few people in my circle were stocking
up on provisions, i initially thought that this was madness, now i think
different, as they have already stocked up and therefore not going out
shopping.
People are taking it quite serious here, its like a ghost town.
A couple I know decided to post on social media of the lovely new top they bought in town today. Both have underlying health conditions and why buy the blooming top it’s not like you can go out to the pub to wear the damn thing. After my missus showed me that all I could do was to walk away shaking my head in disbelief. There is an awful lot of dumb people in this world

We have cancelled our Easter break in Cornwall. The campsite tried to “keep us” by saying they were open if we wanted to come but it was up to us. I mentioned the news bulletin where the local MP was pleading for people to stay away and that we would not want to possibly add to an already stressed NHS system and the cancellation went ahead. Happy to stay at home as much as possible but I am now classed as a keyworker as I drive trucks for deliveries so I will be distancing myself as much as I can.

I agree, seems busier on here tonight. Pubs closed just a coincidence?
Mrs gas made me promise not to drink any beer while I’m in the bus with the little one tonight apparently I snore a lot more after beer. Now I don’t know if that’s true or not as I’ve never heard it. She did play me a recording from her phone once but I trumped her out on that FAKE news people FAKE news

Understand the sentiments from both sides here. But let's be clear, the as yet voluntary admonition to avoid all but essential travel means you don't travel on a holiday. Here in North Devon we have an excellent hospital, scaled to the needs of our relatively sparse population. Artificially stoking the infection rate messes up the really difficult numbers game that the govt. and NHS are and will have to deal with. And that will impact unfairly on my life chances: impacting my vital chemotherapy treatment (see today's NICE guidelines). So: please don't. Thank you.

Mrs gas made me promise not to drink any beer while I’m in the bus with the little one tonight apparently I snore a lot more after beer. Now I don’t know if that’s true or not as I’ve never heard it. She did play me a recording from her phone once but I trumped her out on that FAKE news people FAKE news
Heater on I presume its cold here tonight and you could have one beer when he's asleep and your sat there looking around your Cali with a contented look on your face amongst all this madness and uncertainty.

Understand the sentiments from both sides here. But let's be clear, the as yet voluntary admonition to avoid all but essential travel means you don't travel on a holiday. Here in North Devon we have an excellent hospital, scaled to the needs of our relatively sparse population. Artificially stoking the infection rate messes up the really difficult numbers game that the govt. and NHS are and will have to deal with. And that will impact unfairly on my life chances: impacting my vital chemotherapy treatment (see today's NICE guidelines). So: please don't. Thank you.
I have cancelled my booked trip to Newquay on Monday. I know Newquay’s not north Devon.

Yep no holidays this year.

Heater on I presume its cold here tonight and you could have one beer when he's asleep and your sat there looking around your Cali with a contented look on your face amongst all this madness and uncertainty.
It is madness he’s 6 next month and when I put him down for bed he asked for a microscope for his birthday so he can see this virus and beat it right up. Who says kids don’t pick up on stuff. I’ll get him the microscope then I can keep the Nintendo switch we bought him for myself to play on

It is madness he’s 6 next month and when I put him down for bed he asked for a microscope for his birthday so he can see this virus and beat it right up. Who says kids don’t pick up on stuff. I’ll get him the microscope then I can keep the Nintendo switch we bought him for myself to play on
My daughter { now a 25 year old teacher} always wanted to invent a magic pill to make everyone better.

Never thought I’ld refer to ‘vans’ in this way, but a ‘plague’ has descended on Glencoe .... stay at home, the NHS here could not cope with these numbers if there was an outbreak of cases.

Our Scottish plans are off now and my wife is a keyworker. Our T6 Cali has been on the drive for a few weeks now — is it worth taking her out for a drive to keep her warm/battery in check?

Kids are wiser than we give them credit for. Over the past 5 days we have seen our granddaughters, who are in 14 day isolation, every day (they’re local so not far to travel) to take little pressies.

The eldest (who’s not quite 5 yet) is being very pragmatic and has invented a special distance hug action and way to blow a kiss. We were “taught” how to do both through the living room window.

Today, bless her, she told us we should take the dog for a walk everyday to the park we go to because we didn’t need to put money in the machine and that we were old and needed to go for a walk to be healthy. When her mum asked her how she knew that she said the lady on the news had said it and it was “actually” a good idea (she loves that word when quoting facts, like when she told me that Tim Peak was “actually“ a real person).

These are the kids who’ll be leading the future and we need to give them credit and build them up to be all they can be. Jay, remember even budding scientists need some down-time so don’t hog the Nintendo!

Our Scottish plans are off now and my wife is a keyworker. Our T6 Cali has been on the drive for a few weeks now — is it worth taking her out for a drive to keep her warm/battery in check?
Yes, definitely. Added bonus is any time out in your van will lift your spirits. Think of a trip out as an adventure. I only have to drive to work in ours and feel like I’m on holiday.

Tomorrow we’re out to a park. We’ll go for a nice walk with the dog, make a brew and have lunch in the van, maybe chillax for a bit. By the time we get home we’ll feel like we’ve recharged our batteries well and good.

Back