Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

I’m sorry but this is pissing me off, the government should be shutting down all campsites and make all wild camping illegal for the next three months, and believe me that hurts because anyone who knows me will know I’m the most liberal antigovernment person you could wish to meet, but, desperate times ......
Yes I know some people live permanently in their campers and something needs to be done about them, but this shitstorm is going to get a lot worse unless we do something extreme now
Rant over, sorry

Please stay at home. Both my husband and I work for the NHS on the frontline and we are already stretched. Whoever said it wasn’t airborne is incorrect, sneezing and coughing is classed as airborne. We have been advised to reduce social contact to reduce the spread. If we all carry on as if nothing is wrong a significant proportion of people will require ITU beds and I can assure you there won’t be enough. They will then have to choose, what an awful position to put a decent human being in when they are working day and night to keep people alive. If we reduce social contact and therefore reduce the daily increase in numbers infected, it can at least give us NHS workers a fighting chance at helping everyone. This is real guys.

I’m sorry but this is pissing me off, the government should be shutting down all campsites and make all wild camping illegal for the next three months, and believe me that hurts because anyone who knows me will know I’m the most liberal antigovernment person you could wish to meet, but, desperate times ......
Yes I know some people live permanently in their campers and something needs to be done about them, but this shitstorm is going to get a lot worse unless we do something extreme now
Rant over, sorry

Rant over, sorry
You are right. I took the decision today to close the doors on my campervan business. Some customers were upset but it's the right thing to do.

Difficult decision but you took the right one, amazed by the number of selfish people who are travelling in campers, and big whites ( convinced they are self isolating- your NOT ) if infected your spreading Covid19 if your not by travelling you may become ill and the NHS will need to pick up the pieces I live in Cornwall - one hospital, that’s correct one.......... stay home for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like many I had been planning a road trip with the family over a few weeks of the Easter break. Given most if not all of the trip would include France and Northern Italy this is now a no go. What are other people doing or not doing? Staying put and putting trips on hold or travelling within UK? Cheers
Word has it touring campsites/caravan sites will have to close soon. Spain hasjust ordered it.

We are back from a long term trip around Europe a few days ago, our home is rented, so we are staying in the Cali, difficult tho as Campsites are closing/closed. Its going to get interesting finding charge and showers

Our Scottish plans are off now and my wife is a keyworker. Our T6 Cali has been on the drive for a few weeks now — is it worth taking her out for a drive to keep her warm/battery in check?
I normally do the weekly shop in ours but that will shortly be put on hold as we move to ‘home delivery’ so we intend to just go for a wee drive around then home ... stay safe

We are back from a long term trip around Europe a few days ago, our home is rented, so we are staying in the Cali, difficult tho as Campsites are closing/closed. Its going to get interesting finding charge and showers
If you let the forum know where you are at any one time people might have suggestions of where you could do the essentials.

You are right. I took the decision today to close the doors on my campervan business. Some customers were upset but it's the right thing to do.

Good for you, I notice other campervan hire companies are looking at this as an opportunity to cash in. Mentioning no names !

I'm sure your not the only ones, I've met a few people who have semi retired and live in their van, caravan or motorhome in warmer climates for the winter and then come back here to work in the summer. All I have met had also rented their houses which at the time seemed to be a great compromise. Hope you get something sorted for the coming months.

I’m 65 next month. I ride a 214 bhp motorcycle and I drink more than I probably should (not at the same time, I hasten to add) so my chances of living to a ripe old age are probably slim. Ain’t no virus gonna keep me at home. Dislike all you want, just look at the date of the post first. Then look at my more recent posts for an update.
I just accidentally " liked this post" I don't - is there any way to retract?

Member ‘Simon T’ had a Kampa Geyser gas powered hot water / shower unit for sale if that’s any use.

I normally do the weekly shop in ours but that will shortly be put on hold as we move to ‘home delivery’ so we intend to just go for a wee drive around then home ... stay safe
You will be lucky to get a home delivery. Around here there is at least two week wait for a delivery slot - and that's for premium members.

My god, how hard it might be: Stay at home!

I'd like to take my van and get out, away from all the people around me, but I won't do it.
We just have to wait at home until everything settles down again to normal.

Like many I had been planning a road trip with the family over a few weeks of the Easter break. Given most if not all of the trip would include France and Northern Italy this is now a no go. What are other people doing or not doing? Staying put and putting trips on hold or travelling within UK? Cheers

I live on the edge of the Cairngorm National Park, Deeside. We have noticed an uptick in camper vans traveling to the area and parking up in random places. The local residents are not happy about this. If you decide to travel and camp, you are likely to receive a cold reception from local people and land owners. All bars restaurants are closed. National Trust properties are closed. The shops are smaller and stock takes longer to get here.We have very limited capacity in terms of hospitals, doctors and emergency services. Many ferries are running a restricted service and some of the islands are closed to visitors. Please do not travel, you will not be welcome.

View attachment 56416
A press photo taken at the Pen y Pass car park by Snowdon today. The car park (which I suspect many on here will know) was full with hundreds of cars parked on the nearby roads.
Large chunks of the population just don’t seem to be getting the message

STAY AT HOME
Now I'm angry! :headbang

What will it take to wake up these selfish cretins.

Back