Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Dorset Club Meet - November 25th

Just a quick update:

Due to some people wanting just one night camping it is not possible to book this as an actual rally however they will try their best to get everyone next to each other, so If you wish to camp, please give Highlands End Campsite a call and you just need to quote you are part of ' VW California Club' group and they will hopefully let us have our own area, to book just call 01308 426 947

Once booked it would be great if you can just update this thread with what night(s) you are booked in for.

Just a quick update:

Due to some people wanting just one night camping it is not possible to book this as an actual rally however they will try their best to get everyone next to each other, so If you wish to camp, please give Highlands End Campsite a call and you just need to quote you are part of ' VW California Club' group and they will hopefully let us have our own area, to book just call 01308 426 947

Once booked it would be great if you can just update this thread with what night(s) you are booked in for.
Are we going hard base, gravel or grass Martin?

She said they are quiet that weekend so we can possibly all have hard standing, they do not have any grass pitches anyway so either way it will be a solid pitch. Once she has some numbers of how many are attending we can then decide where we want to go.

Ok, I am booked. For Saturday night 25 November.
The woman said I had to decide on type of pitch at booking, so, I went for GRAVEL.
So if we want to be together we all need to say gravel.
It was £24 and includes electric hook up, and free use of facilities, showers, a bar and restaurant

Have booked Friday and Saturday, look forward to it.

She said they are quiet that weekend so we can possibly all have hard standing, they do not have any grass pitches anyway so either way it will be a solid pitch. Once she has some numbers of how many are attending we can then decide where we want to go.
We are booked for Saturday night.

I'm afraid we're not going to be able to get to the meet as we're visiting friends in Cornwall that weekend.

Anyone attending the Dorset meet, we are looking to do a 10% discount for any shop items purchased, you will need to let me know what you are after by Monday 20th please.

Looks like we will come down Saturday after lunch,after dog training class for Woody. Stay over Saturday night . Will check with site to check OK to bring the turbo charged hound. Usual dog sitter not around that weekend.

We hope to be there on Saturday but unsure about camping at the moment. We spoke to the lady at the campsite and she said there is plenty of room so I am hoping we will be OK for a last minute booking if needbe

Anyone attending the Dorset meet, we are looking to do a 10% discount for any shop items purchased, you will need to let me know what you are after by Monday 20th please.
Martin, what is the form for the ordering of shop items by attendees at this meet to obtain the 10% discount?

Anyone who is considering coming to this meet, either camping or just for the afternoon, please make yourself known so we can add you to the list.

So far we are up to 13..

Also anyone booking the campsite, they say the gravel pitches have best views.

Last edited:
We are pleased to confirm there will be an afternoon meet on Saturday 25th November from 1pm onwards.

The location will be West Bay Road Car Park, West Bay, Bridport, Dorset DT6 4EW.

West Bay is a charming fishing village on the famous Jurassic Coastline. West Bay is a gateway to the Jurassic Coast, which covers 95 miles of coast from Orcombe Rocks at Exmouth, Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset.

Sometimes known as the Dinosaur Coast, tourists throughout the World visit Dorset for fossil hunting in stunning coastal scenery. The famous sandstone East Cliff at West Bay, formed from Lower Jurassic Bridport Sands exposes 180 million years of history & is now famous as the backdrop for the award winning TV series 'Broadchurch'.

Due to the time of year, this will be a 'weather permitting' meet so please let us know if you wish to attend on this thread so as we can contact you in case it is postponed, you can also RSVP via the events page

If you wish to camp, we have spoken to Highlands End Campsite and you just need to quote you are part of ' VW California Club' group and they will hopefully let us have our own area, to book just call 01308 426 947

View attachment 27177

View attachment 27175

Hi,
is there a specific purpose or theme to the meeting? Local parts or accessory vendors, or just bring a fossil hammer ?
I think it’s called the dinosaur coast because it’s where many of us retire to !!
Very interested in attending and possible overnight depends on weather a bit.
A seafood location.

This is literally just a meet in a car park so we can all have a chat and look around each other's vans.

Camping is optional but quite a few people have booked already.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Martin

We will be there for afternoon. Please excuse my naivety, how do I ‘PM’ you to order club shop items?

Zennorboy

Hi,

We fancy coming down to join in, and stay over too. First VWCC meet as only just got up and running.

Jackyards will be there ❤️❤️

We are pleased to confirm there will be an afternoon meet with optional camping on Saturday 25th November from 1.00pm onwards.

The location of the afternoon meet will be West Bay Road Car Park, West Bay, Bridport, Dorset DT6 4EW.

West Bay is a charming fishing village on the famous Jurassic Coastline. West Bay is a gateway to the Jurassic Coast, which covers 95 miles of coast from Orcombe Rocks at Exmouth, Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset.

Sometimes known as the Dinosaur Coast, tourists throughout the World visit Dorset for fossil hunting in stunning coastal scenery. The famous sandstone East Cliff at West Bay, formed from Lower Jurassic Bridport Sands exposes 180 million years of history & is now famous as the backdrop for the award winning TV series 'Broadchurch'.

Due to the time of year, this will be a 'weather permitting' meet so please let us know if you wish to attend on this thread so as we can contact you in case it is postponed, you can also email us at admin@vwcaliforniaclub.com

If you wish to camp, we have spoken to Highlands End Campsite and you just need to quote you are part of ' VW California Club' / 'gravel pitch' and they will hopefully let us have our own area, to book just call 01308 426 947

View attachment 27177

View attachment 27175

DSC1582.jpg

Jackyards will be there ❤️❤️