Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Extended Warranty

Isn't it time VW upped their warranty period any way.
3 years is the minimum any of the manufacturers offer nowadays and some are more than double that.
Would be nice but not going to happen as long as people are buying. I agree though and once I have reached the end in my negotiations I shall throw this in the pot.

Ooooo, this is good! £329 option is perfect for me, as I won't exceed 80K miles in 5 years.

Does anyone know how you buy this?

Is there a number you have to call or a web page where you can do it online?

Through the dealer for me, I'm going in in a few weeks for a retaining clip replacing on the upper bunk/head lining so have arranged to do it then.

I'm doing it at the same time as buying, paying the additonal for servicing and warranty to the dealer.

After previously telling me there was no factory extended warranty the dealer has confirmed this morning that the pricing quoted above is correct. I will be buying as part if the initial purchase but the website states that it can be bought from any dealer upto 3 months from initial registration.

I'm doing it at the same time as buying, paying the additonal for servicing and warranty to the dealer.
Thanks. All sorted. I've had a reply from my dealer and it's all setup for when I collect it next week! ;)

Email from VW Lancashire.....

Hi Mike

No problem at all, the servicing offer is £99 + VAT for two services or £179 + VAT for 4 services which also includes the first MOT test. (but not any work required for the MOT if applicable – e.g replacement tyres).

There are no set service intervals on a California with services required, according to use, up to 25,000 miles or 24 months. The vehicle will let you know via a message on the dash when it is ready for a service.

The extended warranty offer is for either an extra 12 or 24 months over and above the standard 3 year/ 100,000 miles warranty:

Extra 12 months or up to 120,000 miles - £299 + VAT

Extra 24 months or up to 150,000 miles - £649 + VAT

Extra 24 months or up to 80,000 miles - £329 + VAT

All great offers in our opinion as these are factory warranties and not insurance based ones.
Just bought my extended warranty and the total was £329 with no VAT charges added.

Just bought my extended warranty and the total was £329 with no VAT charges added.
I've had a quote of £329 incl VAT too for the extra 2 years/80k miles, though was told that it only covers the Transporter scope (i.e. no California-specific parts).

My dealer never mentioned there are any limitations with this warranty. I believed it to be what it says, an extension of you existing factory warranty!? Thanks for the warning though, I'll be onto him on Monday and I'll post up any paperwork I get through from VWCS as it must state this in writing if it is the case. :thumb

My dealer never mentioned there are any limitations with this warranty. I believed it to be what it says, an extension of you existing factory warranty!? Thanks for the warning though, I'll be onto him on Monday and I'll post up any paperwork I get through from VWCS as it must state this in writing if it is the case. :thumb
That would be a great help, thanks:)

I've had a quote of £329 incl VAT too for the extra 2 years/80k miles, though was told that it only covers the Transporter scope (i.e. no California-specific parts).

This is correct, I queried this with VWCS, apparently it will not cover anything in the kitchen area or the roof etc... Still good value for us Beach owners but if I was a Icean owner I would feel a bit short-changed.

Screenshot_2016-03-12-09-38-12.png [ATT
The warranty leaflet that comprises part of my contractual terms is clear: "exactly the same cover as original manufacturer warranty". The warranty was purchased in my case for a T6 California Ocean, not for anything else. As far as I am concerned, there is a contract in place to supply the warranty extension to exactly the same cover. To later suggest anything else, could be misselling.

It really does seem that VW are insistent making the California very unnecessarily awkward and difficult to buy/own.
Firstly find a dealer that knows what they are taking about (not easy)
Decipher the ever changing specs list which is written by their enigma machine.
Accept you will have a long wait and won't know exactly when it's being built or being delivered.
Accept any imperfections your Cali has and/or will eventually develop.
And now the warranty grey area!
As said I'll post up any info I get hold of over the next week to try and clarify (which won't be easy with VWs literature).
Having said all that I bloody love my van!!! :bananadance

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up this old chestnut. I got my brand new T6 on 1st March. Told the sales guy I wanted extended warranty and service option. eh hem, service option was not on offer as I hadn't used finance. but no decent explanation on extended warranty (he went to the managers office and cam back with a 'yes' then trotted off to another office, I assume finance, and said 'no', that's only through VWCS). I was so exhausted by this stage (please see the dealer review section...) that I gave up.
This last weekend I checked through VWCS and hey, guess what, their website says that extended warranty can only be arrange through the dealer. (the bold is from their website). So, went back to the dealer with this information and had a very quick response that I need to speak to VWCS. Oh and on the other issue of Service Plan - they can't offer that due to recent FCA changes...
Any other info would be welcome as I have now finally got VWCS calling me looking for feedback...

I placed my order on the 8th March and got the extended warranty with no hassle at all. I just asked and it was added. I first heard about it from my dealer at an earlier meeting.

Mike

Hi All

We took Delivery of the T6 Ocean 6 weeks ago. I took out & paid for the extended warranty. Has anyone else done this and received any paperwork to acknowledge the additional warranty? I have a credit card receipt but nothing else and just wondered if I have mislaid something or should have received something from the dealer?

I emailed VW Cust Serv and the Dealer last week but no response as yet, and so thought I'd raise the question to find out what others have got.

Hi All

We took Delivery of the T6 Ocean 6 weeks ago. I took out & paid for the extended warranty. Has anyone else done this and received any paperwork to acknowledge the additional warranty? I have a credit card receipt but nothing else and just wondered if I have mislaid something or should have received something from the dealer?

I emailed VW Cust Serv and the Dealer last week but no response as yet, and so thought I'd raise the question to find out what others have got.
I never received any paperwork from VW other than the receipt from the dealer either. I have it on my to do list to get in touch with the dealer and query but my to do list is like rumpelstiltskins purse at the minute.

Last edited:
Hi All

I was given a supplementary invoice with confirmation of the extended warranty an service deal when I collected the van but no other confirmation. I also received through the post a letter confirming that I have 3 years breakdown cover through VW. This was not mentioned or discussed at any stage so completely unexpected. Unfortunately break down cover came with the insurance anyway which apparently could not be cancelled. I might see the benefit next year.

Hi All

Angus Morgan March 28 th posted this . It's on another thread :" same price "

I rang VWCS to confirm this, but they said it covers the California complete just the same as the 3 year warranty. I asked for them to put it in writing, and they dutifully sent me a letter

Enjoy your extended warranty, in Germany the additional 3 years warranty costs 3200€ (T6 Ocean).

Cheers

Uwe

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I never received any paperwork from VW other than the receipt from the dealer either. I have it on my to do list to get in touch with the dealer and query but my to do list is like rumpelstiltskins purse at the minute.
Ditto - all the dealer was able to give me was a supplementary invoice showing that I paid for extended warranty and a service plan. However he also showed me how to look this up on the (dealer's) VW system. So I have seen the screens that would be accessible to any dealer.

Back