Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Extended Warranty

Every factory extended VW warrenty i have had has included vw assistance one of the advantages over 3rd party. VW warranty includes vw assit so why wouldn't the extention?

No mention of VW Assistance on the docs, it says VW Assistance extension can be purchased for either one or two year period. Why is nothing clear cut with VW?

it says VW Assistance extension can be purchased for either one or two year period. Why is nothing clear cut with VW?

Sound clear to me.

Just phoned VW assist customer service to ask if the factory extended warranty included VW assist . They say no. Has to be purchased separately.

I'm not sure that is the same warranty, the Allianz warranty is one that you can apply for at the end of year 3 and costs around ÂŁ1500 per year. I was told the ÂŁ325 warranty that you need to take out within 90 days of purchase is supplied by Volkswagen and is not underwritten.

I'm not sure that is the same warranty, the Allianz warranty is one that you can apply for at the end of year 3 and costs around ÂŁ1500 per year. I was told the ÂŁ325 warranty that you need to take out within 90 days of purchase is supplied by Volkswagen and is not underwritten.

It is also my understanding that the extended warranty taken in the first 90 days is now provided in-house by VW. Not sure exactly when this switch happened, but I believe it was late 2016.

Tha
It is also my understanding that the extended warranty taken in the first 90 days is now provided in-house by VW. Not sure exactly when this switch happened, but I believe it was late 2016.

That's what I was told, it is just a continuation of the original warranty now and not underwritten.

I did some follow up on this and @Broch Hunter's post above is what happened, it came into force Q1 2016 when commercial dealers were first able to offer it as a product.
I find it annoying as I remember having the conversation at the time I ordered the 2 additional years saying its worth it for the VW Assist and was not told otherwise... VW cost cutting...

and sorry @Meoncoast for besmirching your correct answer... :rolleyes:

and sorry @Meoncoast for besmirching your correct answer... :rolleyes:

Not an issue, It was only what I was told last December by dealer when adding the extended warranty I asked the question they did not know and had to check. Much rather had been wrong,

We have just been offered this but in the small print it says there is a ÂŁ200 excess on each claim and the maximum claim is ÂŁ2,500, this is still good value but I have never seen this mentioned before?

The warranty on ours runs out this month.
When I checked on extending it came out at ÂŁ681 for full cover of original mechanical and electrical parts (so presumably no cover for things like cupboard doors etc) and ÂŁ499 for limited cover on some mechanical parts. This was through the VW website so not sure who the cover is actually with. Shall give it a miss at that price. Does not include Assist which I have renewed at ÂŁ155 for two years.

My van is April 15 wasn't offered an extended warranty .

My van is April 15 wasn't offered an extended warranty .
Mine is May 2015 and was not offered to me. I queried it with dealer who said it was not available until later in the year. Maybe in line with T6 launch possibly??

When I phoned VWCS yesterday, the guy said it was new. I think I read in one of the other posters, Jan 16.

He also said they get a lot of calls as the system is only updated quarterly, so it takes several months to show as registered.

Saying that, I only knew about the extended warranty from this forum & it was definitely not *sold* to me. Just seemed a hassle for my sales exec.

Saying which, I was sold the van by Matt at Liverpool & he's answered every post-sale email pretty promptly, which given he's run off his feet, has been excellent. Very pleased with the service from them, from the buying, delivery, price & post-sales, everything was done well.

Just had this back from West Yorkshire van centre.
'Hi James, yes vw do a extended factory warranty, see below for pricing and terms. Reference your roof, if you could take a photo it might help us to see what is needed for ordering, we won't have it in stock to be honest.
Extended warranty prices= It has to be taken out before the vehicle is three months old.
12 Month warranty top up or 120,000 miles which ever comes first ÂŁ299.00
24 Month warranty top up or 80,000 miles which ever comes first ÂŁ329.00
24 month warranty top up or 150,000 miles which ever comes first ÂŁ649.00'
Think I'll opt for the ÂŁ329 option then it will end about the same time as my service plan. :)
This sounds good. I am sat in the VW California dealership at Batley and asked about extended warranty on my new (to me) 2015 SE and have been advised that they are not FCA registered and therefore do not do it. Advised to go through a warranty website, but I would prefer to go with VW. Is it the new Commercial Dealership at Cleckheaton that offer these options? Thanks.

This sounds good. I am sat in the VW California dealership at Batley and asked about extended warranty on my new (to me) 2015 SE and have been advised that they are not FCA registered and therefore do not do it. Advised to go through a warranty website, but I would prefer to go with VW. Is it the new Commercial Dealership at Cleckheaton that offer these options? Thanks.

It's part of the same company. Say hello to Mark from me. Steve

We have had quite a few reports of this, the warranty does need to be done via the dealer.

Please see the official Extended Warranty brochure below and show the dealer page 10

Attachments

• CV Extended Warranty.pdf
    462.7 KB · Views: 31
He is pointing you to insurance warranty that they need to be registered for to sell.
As of about March 2016 VW have offered it as an option for new vehicles if sold within 90 days of purchase.

Purchased the extended warranty today (2years 80k) Dealer told me it had to be within 90days of the vehicle being registered.

Purchased the extended warranty today (2years 80k) Dealer told me it had to be within 90days of the vehicle being registered.
Hi there, please can you confirm which warranty you purchased for your vehicle. I am purchasing an ex-demo Ocean (Registered in June) and VW customer services sadi they could not add it on outside of the 90 days (As FCA regulated product).

Back