Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lockdown

Ha, I know what part of England you're in then! We usually have at least a couple of them circling around us.

My father-in-law, a prolific birder, used to refer to them as 'shite hawks', referring to their un-fussy diet. If you go down to the Beaconsfield landfill site you'll usually see several of em.

Meanwhile one of our moggies (the one known as Fat Boy, I can't recall his original moniker) has been living off the fat of the land during lockdown. This was the breakfast-in-bed he offered us on Monday:

View attachment 59905
E’s kicked the Bucket !

How can any NORMAL person want this Covid lockdown to continue?

I think it was great with less cars on the road.
Been a steady increase this week. Infact today isn’t far off normal .

My hair is getting longer, my waist is broadening and my liver ...well you know, all things as a mature man I can deal with, but when this is over I never want to hear those words “lockdown” ever again. Love to all x
My hair is getting longer, my waist is broadening and my liver ...well you know, all things as a mature man I can deal with, but when this is over I never want to hear those words “lockdown” ever again. Love to all x
Locked down in Ouarzazate, Morocco until 25th May. A lot safer there, only 200 deaths, but 40’ was too much!

38DD3D41-71A2-4A96-9409-D4EF74D3E15B.jpeg

Lost about 4.5 kilos due to daily walking, some cycling, endless days spent chopping out mortar on a large path/patio and the ongoing repointing. Oh and no alcohol for 2 months hasn't done any harm but that's not entirely a lockdown thing.

Hooray, the leader of the Welsh Assembly/ Regional Council is going to allow non-essential shops to open from Monday.
A lot of bl*****g use as the nearest shops we would want to go to are about 14 miles away, and he is not going to lift the 5 mile limit for non-essential travel for non-workers.

Our town has 3 small supermarkets, a hardware store all of which have been open and 3 charity shops, a wedding dress shop, a high end fashion shop that no one local uses, 3 estate agents, 2 travel agents, a Specsavers, 5 pubs, 1 tapas bar and a school uniform and supplies shop.

For a bit of variety we draw lots each time, we need something from a supermarket, as to which one to visit.

Hooray, the leader of the Welsh Assembly/ Regional Council is going to allow non-essential shops to open from Monday.
A lot of bl*****g use as the nearest shops we would want to go to are about 14 miles away, and he is not going to lift the 5 mile limit for non-essential travel for non-workers.

Our town has 3 small supermarkets, a hardware store all of which have been open and 3 charity shops, a wedding dress shop, a high end fashion shop that no one local uses, 3 estate agents, 2 travel agents, a Specsavers, 5 pubs, 1 tapas bar and a school uniform and supplies shop.

For a bit of variety we draw lots each time, we need something from a supermarket, as to which one to visit.

WG....as things stand if I roll off the ferry in 2 weeks time would I be allowed to go to my house at Abergavenny, I am on the electoral roll there, it’s my main residence & I pay UK taxes rather than here in Portugal. Accept today the 14 day quarantine.

WG....as things stand if I roll off the ferry in 2 weeks time would I be allowed to go to my house at Abergavenny, I am on the electoral roll there, it’s my main residence & I pay UK taxes rather than here in Portugal. Accept today the 14 day quarantine.
I don’t think that would be a problem. The Foreign Office advice is British Nationals overseas should return home.
Welsh Assembly does not have any powers regarding Foreign Policy.

There is a growing sense that we should follow England and that MD is playing politics. I think change is coming, soon hopefully.

I don’t think that would be a problem. The Foreign Office advice is British Nationals overseas should return home.
Welsh Assembly does not have any powers regarding Foreign Policy.

There is a growing sense that we should follow England and that MD is playing politics. I think change is coming, soon hopefully.

Thanks. That was my reading of the situation.

Wales has been the first to announce the lifting of restrictions on visiting “self contained” accommodation from 6 July.

It doesn’t sound like this will include camping with shared facilities which *may* reopen a week later.

Wales has been the first to announce the lifting of restrictions on visiting “self contained” accommodation from 6 July.

It doesn’t sound like this will include camping with shared facilities which *may* reopen a week later.
That doesn't sound quite right to me.
As I heard the First Minister at lunchtime, Wales is hoping to dispense with its "Stay Local" travel rule and the accompanying 5-mile guidance from 6th June, but self-contained accommodation providers can prepare to take bookings from 13th July (and he did add "at their own risk", I guess just to stress that as ever this is dependent on continuing improvement in the infection picture.)

It wasn't clear to me whether motorhomes/campervans were included under 'self-contained', although he did mention caravan sites so hopefully they could be. It did sound though as if shared toilet/wash facilities would have to be kept shut.

That doesn't sound quite right to me.
As I heard the First Minister at lunchtime, Wales is hoping to dispense with its "Stay Local" travel rule and the accompanying 5-mile guidance from 6th June, but self-contained accommodation providers can prepare to take bookings from 13th July (and he did add "at their own risk", I guess just to stress that as ever this is dependent on continuing improvement in the infection picture.)

It wasn't clear to me whether motorhomes/campervans were included under 'self-contained', although he did mention caravan sites so hopefully they could be. It did sound though as if shared toilet/wash facilities would have to be kept shut.
Correction - 5 mile guidance to be lifted on the 6th JULY.
Yippee, We’ll be able to travel to the shops, which open on Monday 21st June, as the only ones we want to go to are over 5 miles away.

Thanks, yes, 6th JULY for the 5 mile limit guidance... doh, a slip of the typing finger :oops:

Correction - 5 mile guidance to be lifted on the 6th JULY.
Yippee, We’ll be able to travel to the shops, which open on Monday 21st June, as the only ones we want to go to are over 5 miles away.
WG which will you go to first?

Worth checking the Apple refurbished ones (but that would be online!):

Picked one up from John Lewis.

expensive month. My 7 yr old iMac packed up. Mind you it hasn’t been switched off for 7 yrs. New one up and running within 6 hrs courtesy of Time Machine.

Worth checking the Apple refurbished ones (but that would be online!):

Is black friday the time to order? like, is it really a good deal
with apple? I've had 120€ off the new price of a water damaged MacBook
mid year.

Big Ron is getting Locked down, poor bloke only wants to sell his Cali.
Shame really after all his helpful posts and years of paying for VIP membership ......... oh hang on a minute was thinking of someone else.

mid year.
Bought one Monday via curry’s on ebay, was £50 off the Apple shop price & then another £50 off using an ebay code. Included next day delivery. That was for the 2020 MacBook.

mid year.

Would avoid Black Friday as many companies produce a product just to sell during this period....Unless of course you find exactly what you want at a good price.

Would avoid Black Friday as many companies produce a product just to sell during this period....Unless of course you find exactly what you want at a good price.
I don't buy into that frenzy too, but i need a new MacBook air
or pro 13 inch, they look the same size and weight now so might
go for a pro.