Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MAIN EVENT: Cali's on the Farm - 10-12th May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Event: Cali's on the Farm - 10-12th May 2013

Baloos Bar and Restaurant is just a few minutes walk from the campsite Link to website but you do have to walk along the road as there is no footpath.

Also many people come to our meets and keep themselves to themselves which is no problem at all, it will just be great to see so many Cali's in one place at the end of the day!

Anyone that does not fancy coming for the whole weekend you can visit just for the day on Saturday only from 10.30am onwards.

Adults: £3.00
Children: £2.00

We now have our first t4 Cali booked for this meet fantastic :thumb :thumb

I will be there with Aniela, 4, Dylan 5 and Harry 11 :D

I also did another hire for this event yesterday to a very good customer and friend of mine Leighton, who is looking a buying a California this year :thumb Im sure he will be joining here soon if he hasnt already done so :thumb

We have now hit 47 Cali's booked for Cali's on the Farm :clap :clap

Still need some more T4's :thumb

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
I will be there with Aniela, 4, Dylan 5 and Harry 11 :D

I also did another hire for this event yesterday to a very good customer and friend of mine Leighton, who is looking a buying a California this year :thumb Im sure he will be joining here soon if he hasnt already done so :thumb

Nice one ... This is what the club/forum is all about and good to see it being used for so many different reasons ... :) :) :)

looking to come. my two boys 13 and 11 years what to know how many other kids are coming and what ages.

graeme said:
looking to come. my two boys 13 and 11 years what to know how many other kids are coming and what ages.

Eight mentioned on previous page !

OK we are booked to come. well think so since paypal just took my money.

Yes Graeme you are on my list :thumb

Martin said:
Still need some more T4's :thumb

We've booked in with our T4 Westy.

dan & Rosana

Kev, Lee (Choplee) and myself had a very good meeting today with SMG, Blacklands Farm Campsite and also Oli at BMVS.

We had no idea this meet was going to be so popular as we are now up to over 50 Cali's attending so we felt we needed to get some plans in place so we can make this a great weekend for everyone.

I can now update you all with the following information:

- HOG ROAST: We now have outside caterers providing the food on Saturday evening in the form of a full hog roast including salad - this is included in the adult booking fee of £5 per person, you will be issued a food voucher on arrival so please ensure you have selected the correct amount of people when you booked as we are using this to gauge how many pigs we will need !!
Don't worry vegetarians will be catered for.

- PRIZE DRAW: SMG has very kindly put up a great prize draw of around £500 in prizes, more will be added to this in due course.

- SERVICING & REPAIRS: SMG will also be opening up their workshop just for Cali's all day Friday and Saturday morning for discounted servicing, repairs, accessories fitted etc... Book early for this as space is limited. They will also be running a shuttle bus to and from the campsite.

- VW & BRANDRUP ACCESSORIES: if you require any Brandrup or genuine VW accessories these can be ordered in advance from SMG and collected on the day

- MARQUEE: If weather is not looking too good for the weekend we have the back up of a large marquee which will be situated at the centre of our rally field.

- CALI JUMBLE: In the run up to the meet we will have a dedicated thread where you can advertise your unwanted Cali accessories for collection at the meet.

- ELECTRIC HOOK UP: Due to us being in our own rally field we DO NOT have any electric hook up, if you do need electricity I am afraid you will have to pitch on the normal campsite

- DAY VISITORS: You are welcome to come for the day on Saturday, we will have parking spaces available in our rally field ( small charge applies payable to campsite)

if you have not yet already booked please do not leave it too long as space will become limited.

Excellent work guys, sorry I couldn't make it to the pre meeting meeting but the house move is taking up all of our time between work at the moment.

We will be there on Saturday with our boys, 9 & 5. And the dog (3)!

A hog roast sounds great. Happy to pay a bit extra if the costs end up spiralling once the outside caterers get involved.

Simon

That is very good of you to offer Simon, thank you.

SMG has kindly made up most of the short fall on the food so things 'should' be OK.

Great meeting today. And nice to finally meet Lee and Kev.

There are some very good plans being made

Likewise oli it was good to meet you after all this time :thumb

Stu said:
Excellent work guys, sorry I couldn't make it to the pre meeting meeting but the house move is taking up all of our time between work at the moment.

miss u bergfather :sad , but you was with us in our hearts :bananadance

It should be an excellent meet!

Don't forget to contact me directly to book your California in on the Friday or Saturday morning for servicing, accessory fitting and maintenance.

cheers

Fantastic work guys, sounds excellent...

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Rgds
Mark

choplee said:
Stu said:

miss u bergfather :sad , but you was with us in our hearts :bananadance

lol :)

James

We have booked a T5 mobile coffee company to attend the 11th ( Saturday ) at the cotf meet ...We was looking for him to attend for about 4 hrs ,but he's quite happy to be there from 8 to 6ish ..
He's not out to make a mint ,but cover his costs for the day .:)
He will be making coffee ,tea ,fresh milkshakes and has muffins ,snack bars and hot dogs onboard ..all from the T5 and his gazebo setup :)
The smell of that coffee will be lovely on the campsite ....
It will be nice if a good amount of people use him ,as he's quite willing to do our smaller venue..his coffee price is under £2 a cup .... If it rains he will hook up to the marquee and add whiskey to the coffee .... Lol lol :)

Nice one lee :thumb :thumb

Gutted that I'll miss this.

We get home to Blighty on the 10th at Southampton, being met at the docks by inlaws with my Cali (the first time I'll see it, in the flesh!)

Having dragged the fam halfway round the world, it's a jaunt too far to get over there. Such a shame as I really wanted to meet the guys who helped me bite the bullet and buy a Cali, to say thanks (& get some more tips!).

Will def try & make the next one, hope you all have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pah, it's only a few miles up the road :laugh2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back