Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Members other rides ..???!!!!

Just the Cali for me - always been one car - strangely only been driving since 2007 and my insurance in Devon is the cheapest it's every been. In fact when I moved from Essex to here my insurance dropped by nearly £400.

I had Pippa the Vanagon of course

Ultra Rare American T25 - now for sale

https://www.facebook.com/PippaVwVanagon ... er?fref=ts

oh the Focus is a fine car - don't get dragged into all this blokey cat malarkey lol

As for Cali on narrow roads - well I have no choice lol. I was told by people here in Devon your car needs to be very big or very small.

James

Realistically would be looking at a used Road or Super Sport. 125BHP or 140BHP. First thing to try is to make sure that my feet fit then go from there. I was thinking of replacing the M5 with something and getting a different race car but would be able to use this for both so would save a lot of money by not buying two cars. Caterhams also seem cheap to run and repair and easy to work on which is appealing in this day and age.

Haven't been brave enough to tell my wife yet though :laugh2

My Mum has ordered an A45 AMG in white for March/April delivery next year. Managed to find one at Mercedes Chelsea who are an AMG Performance Centre. Local dealer didn't have one and couldn't find one in group stock for us to look at. Looking forward to going to pick that up!

Those Mercs are very quick; what a cool Mum!

I'd love a Caterham but I think I'd better wait until the kids are older!
They seem to hold onto their value as well as Calis too!

Alex, a friend at work is contemplating selling his Megabusa if you're interested. Probably around 15k I think. It is a VERY good example with some pretty impressive engineering having taken place. It is quite nippy..

http://www.fbbmotorsport.co.uk/ms_html_files/mswestfield2.html

I'm half heartedly planning to get a Westfield sEight next year for a summer toy. I think it would make a very sensible 'tow car'...

KernowLad said:
Those Mercs are very quick; what a cool Mum!

I'd love a Caterham but I think I'd better wait until the kids are older!
They seem to hold onto their value as well as Calis too!

Mum got to choose the colour and nothing else :lol:

Caterhams do seem to hold their money too which is a nice thought!

Californiaman said:
Alex, a friend at work is contemplating selling his Megabusa if you're interested. Probably around 15k I think. It is a VERY good example with some pretty impressive engineering having taken place. It is quite nippy..

I'm half heartedly planning to get a Westfield sEight next year for a summer toy. I think it would make a very sensible 'tow car'...

I imagine it is extremely fast! Whatever we buy has to have an FIA compliant roll cage and have found a lot of Caterhams with these already fitted.

cheers

Californiaman said:

I've looked at these too; V8, tiny car, spits fuel at passers by; what's not to like!

A bit wary of the bike engined ones; quite hard work on normal roads but ideal on the track.

Just seen a 1000 mile, perfect spec M135i come up on AT for a bargain. Trouble is, it's white...

Been offered 18% off list on a nice new (in fact not even built) M135i after a visit to the dealer; ours has broken a tracking bolt (had Winter tyres fitted, the bolt broke while they were sorting it) causing fairly major inconvenience!

Very tempting....!

Ordered one; grey, red leather, 5 door auto M135i. No idea when we will get it but it'll be a loooong wait!

My other ride...

ride.JPG

Attachments

• ride.JPG
    ride.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 0
choplee said:
is that your daily flyer or just a weekend ride .. :lol: :cool:

If the weather is good, it's definitely my daily ride !

Here it is; cracking handover and we love it!
A shame it's hammering down with rain but hey ho!

Love the red leather!

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

Its a nippy little thing!

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 0
KernowLad said:
Here it is; cracking handover and we love it!
A shame it's hammering down with rain but hey ho!

Love the red leather!

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

Its a nippy little thing!

I think this looks really good especially the red leather interior. Always wanted a Z4M Coupe in grey with red leather. Friend of mine turned up to my house with one on the way to selling it without telling me! Still gave it a good test drive though!

cheers

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 0
After a long wait our Caterham Supersport is all up and running and was MOT'd yesterday. Hopefully picking it up one day this week!

At the moment I'm not sold on the white band round the nose cone as it reminds me of a fish that always has its mouth open. The roll cage was grey and we have had that repainted in white so the cage and nose cone will match and looks better with the roof off.

cheers

rsz_img_1175.jpg

Lovely car Alex!

The Z4MC is stunning but lacks two seats! The new Z4 just isn't a patch on the older model.

Really enjoying ours; still running it in but even at limited (4.5k rpm),it's still damn nippy! The multimedia/satnav makes the vans Kenwood system look a bit dated; for a start it turns on in a few seconds rather than almost a minute!!

I agree about the seats which is why I didn't buy one, but bought the above instead :lol:

Z4M's are can be bought for less than £10k if you want a convertible, a lot of car for the money. Not everyone's first choice when you compare it to an e46 M3 but still a great car.

cheers

AS a n00b you'll probably see why I went Cali in addition to this...

4938615743_5331a984d8_z.jpg
6868116126_e2fa3cf4dc_z.jpg

Attachments

• 4938615743_5331a984d8_z.jpg
    4938615743_5331a984d8_z.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 6868116126_e2fa3cf4dc_z.jpg
    6868116126_e2fa3cf4dc_z.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 1
rippers said:
2013 California Beach
2011 BMW 1M
1964 Beetle
1964 Splitscreen

:D

Good to see people keeping their classics and supplementing them with Cali's rather than replacing.

Very nice lineup...

A rude question... Born in '64 by any chance? Now that would be ideal ;)

Rgds
M

Back