Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NHS Campout - This Weekend

That’s the best post I’ve had the pleasure of seeing on this forum lately what a great idea

It is a great idea isn't it and he has had an amazing amount of support since he started it in the last few days.
I am desperate to have a night in my van and this gives me the perfect reason and the 'pitch fee' is in such a great cause.

We could have a virtual meet, sign up to on the forum and share pictures during the evening

Excellent idea. The weather looks reasonable as well, dry with light winds.

I am in. Let's do it and share our pics ... and of course, donate for the good cause.

Aaw we would love to do this but we don't have a drive. I'll be checking in on you all though, great idea to post pics :thumb

Great idea! Glad it will be a bit warmer in the UK by then. (Well certainly where we are in the West Midlands)

I’m on call with work this weekend but even if I can’t do it I’ll bet mrs gas and the little tacker will jump at the chance for an all nighter on the drive

What a fun idea! Unfortunately, we live in the city center in a maisonette, no garden, no drive, and the Cali is in a parking garage one block down the road (together with 1 T4 and 2 T2 campervans), too low to raise the roof...

He must have nicked my idea from last Friday night. Movies and dinner in the van with an overnight stay on the driveway...

D763AC2F-0C1E-49D0-9DBC-44522A4B75E3.jpeg
Sunrise...
D140B224-890C-4A77-BDC5-7CB34764DE35.jpeg

Come on "guys"..... this is not written down. ;)

You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:

• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
  • any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home

Corrected below

You should only leave the house for 1 of 5 reasons:

• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
  • any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
    • Sleeping in the Cali on the drive

Now that’s ruined my promised birthday treat for Jack!

As his fifth birthday party has had to be cancelled, I’d promised him a party with the four of us in the van followed by an overnight slumber party for the four of us - also in the van.

I suppose we’ll just have to bring his party forward by five days and combine the two events into one on the 4th.

Now that’s ruined my promised birthday treat for Jack!

As his fifth birthday party has had to be cancelled, I’d promised him a party with the four of us in the van followed by an overnight slumber party for the four of us - also in the van.

I suppose we’ll just have to bring his party forward by five days and combine the two events into one on the 4th.

Or have two!!! One to support the NHS and the next to celebrate Jack's birthday,

Back on topic - this home-camping sounds like a great idea if you can manage it, and for a great cause.

I'm not sure of the status over here, but one campsite I go to actually opened today!?

I have those Turbo wheels on my 4S... is that a Turbo then? :)
Looks like a Cayman? - one of the last of the earlier versions with LED rear lights etc. Nice

I have those Turbo wheels on my 4S... is that a Turbo then? :)
Looks like a Cayman? - one of the last of the earlier versions with LED rear lights etc. Nice

Well spotted both...
It’s one of the last 987.2 S Cayman’s.
:thumb

Yep we’re doing it.
c0bbb54bedd88b92bfee9468d57e56c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea. Will join in but supporting a different charity though. The advertised one supports the bosses: "PROVIDING INFORMATION AND TRAINING FOR TRUSTEES AND SENIOR STAFF INCLUDING THOSE INVOLVED IN CHARITY MANAGEMENT AND FUNDRAISING, PROMOTING BEST PRACTICE, PROVIDING AN AUTHORITATIVE VOICE FOR NHS CHARITIES AND REPRESENTING THEIR INTERESTS".
Sorry if that's a downer.

Great idea. Will join in but supporting a different charity though. The advertised one supports the bosses: "PROVIDING INFORMATION AND TRAINING FOR TRUSTEES AND SENIOR STAFF INCLUDING THOSE INVOLVED IN CHARITY MANAGEMENT AND FUNDRAISING, PROMOTING BEST PRACTICE, PROVIDING AN AUTHORITATIVE VOICE FOR NHS CHARITIES AND REPRESENTING THEIR INTERESTS".
Sorry if that's a downer.
Not a downer at all and I think you misunderstand. I believe this campaign is specifically to support staff and volunteers looking after COVID-19 patients but is facilitated by NHS charities together whose generic statement you seem to have picked up from the charity commission website.

Back