Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Phew!!!! Oops!!!!B****r!!!! Hurray!!!

Great result Mike :)
Enjoy your beer, your steak and your interim Cali...
Bet you will sleep easier tonight !

Great result Mike :)
Enjoy your beer, your steak and your interim Cali...
Bet you will sleep easier tonight !

In the Cali!

Hope he cooked his steak in there too!

:)Brilliant news. Sounds like a good outcome. So now you can get some camping in. I'm suprised that the dealer didn't throw in a pair of 4-motion badges for you. :)

Woohoo what a great result. As long as you are happy with the deal it's all good news. Chuffed for you Mike

So pleased for you Mike, hope Stanley mk 11 arrives soon but enjoy till then.

So Mike, this you liked my post at 03:57 and others too. Either you can't sleep because the California was a terrible mistake :headbang or the stress has turned onto pure excitement. Hmmmm I wonder which t is. :thumb;)

So Mike, this you liked my post at 03:57 and others too. Either you can't sleep because the California was a terrible mistake :headbang or the stress has turned onto pure excitement. Hmmmm I wonder which t is. :thumb;)

Well, likely latter. Please do not misrepresent his thoughts. Let him enjoy himself.

:happy

Very observant The latter. Up for a cup of tea and tidy up of electronic data. Avatar also changed and moved status from looking to buy. Today it's all the bits and pieces to the seaside, manual out, roof up and kettle on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very observant The latter. Up for a cup of tea and tidy up of electronic data. Avatar also changed and moved status from looking to buy. Today it's all the bits and pieces to the seaside, manual out, roof up and kettle on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let the fun begin :bananadance

Epic news Mike! Look forward to a piccie or two from your maiden voyage.

Just read through your ordeal Mike, all 4 pages. Beilliant result, enjoy the steak, you deserve it! Really pleased for you...

Hope you get it before the tax system change! Good result and good to see VW downing the right thing without to much arm twisting.

I wonder if VW's "mechanism" for ensuring buyers don't get, what they have not agreed to pay for, is as robust as vice versa!

Having myself ordered a 150PS manual, 2WD recently.... I would expect my chances for receiving a free-upgrade, to 204PS, DSG or 4-Motion are somewhat less than what appears to be the probability of having a missing item, which was supposed to be included. Or, do mistakes this direction, go un-mentioned?

As VW group produce something like 18,000 vehicles per week-day..... I guess there's always going to be a small percentage of failures, in any system - Which due to volume, equates to a significant number.

The system failure in the California model, is obviously much exacerbated, due to the complexity of options and comparable low production volume and availability, with models such as the PoloGolf etc..... Plus, the hellish wait/build-time to add salt to the wound.

Hi

Really sorry to here about this Mike as has been said your taking it very well...

Our Jan 2014 Beach came with a Webasto engine pre heater which we didn't order just thought it was standard but turns out it wasn't...:D

Shaun

Hi

Really sorry to here about this Mike as has been said your taking it very well...

Our Jan 2014 Beach came with a Webasto engine pre heater which we didn't order just thought it was standard but turns out it wasn't...:D

Shaun
Fair bit of stress Shaun but it ended well and my dealership and VW were excellent in sorting the matter out.

Mike

Been told that mine is either on the ship or at the compound. Don't mind of it has something for free! Would be gutted it something was missing.

Dealer also told me that a "normal" van came through without parking sensors, and they could not get it to talk to the ECU.

So it's not California specific.

Last edited:
Glad you've reached a good compromise for now. Enjoy your camping :thumb

Pleased to have got the order in and will hopefully have it for the Summer.

Ocean 204PS DSG 4 Motion
Indium Grey
Cascavel 17" Black Diamond Wheels
Alcantara Seats
Comfort Mattress
Laminated Glass Package In Cab
Light and Vision Package
Towbar Removable/Lockable
Servotronic Speed Sensitive Power Steering
Heavy Duty Anti-Roll Bars + Suspension
Fresh Air Intake - Charcoal
Heated Front Windscreen
Lockable Storage Compartment
Mudflaps front and rear
Parking Sensors + Rear Camera
High Beam Assist
4 Remote Control Folding Keys
Magnetic Flashlight
Built in Cupboard Type 6 (Shower)
Awning Housing and rail in black
ACC. + Front Assist + City emergency braking
LED Headlights + LED Daytime Running Lights
Cruise Control + Control Via MFSW + Sidescan
Multi- Function/Clr Display Premium + DAS
Discover Media Nav System
Bluetooth Hands Free Set + Coupling Box/WLAN
Chrome Pack
Wind Deflectors
Black Bumper Protector
Door Sill Guards
Extended Warranty

Time for a lie down

Mike

That is a truly phenomenal spec - you've clearly done your research! I'm surprised they didn't offer you a job when you went in as I'm sure you could teach the salesmen a few things about the Cali...

That is a truly phenomenal spec - you've clearly done your research! I'm surprised they didn't offer you a job when you went in as I'm sure you could teach the salesmen a few things about the Cali...
LOL! There was certainly little I didn't know about the Cali options but a great deal to learn from folks on here about the Cali, using it and especially where to go in it
Secret i believe with all the options is to end up with a spec you want and that suits you and your budget.

Mike

Thought that rather than start a new thread I would post my observations so far in this one.

Adaptive Cruise Control and Side Assist are excellent.

It's main point in addition to being cruise control is its ability to slow down or speed up depending on what it sees in quite a narrow arc in front. So fairly simple on a motorway and I find it particularly useful already to keep what is a large vehicle to the speed limit. I use both buttons on the steering wheel. The left and right ones adjust the speed in 5mph increments and the up down ones in 1mph increments.
In settings you can adjust the ACC distance and it's sensitivity. I've set mine for normal and economy mode.
It makes for very relaxing driving keeping a good safe distance to vehicles in front with very smooth and gentle braking and acceleration under normal conditions. I should imagine it is pretty good at keeping the journey as economic as is possible in a three ton brick.
You set and resume in the same manner as normal cruise control and it deactivates with driver intervention also in the same way.

Sidescan is just another warning. I hope to use it only as a last resort and to encourage proper indication. So mirror, indicate then manoeuvre. If you do this and you have missed anything either in the nearside or offside mirrors the light on the mirror will flash continuously. If you were to just manoeuvre without indicating the light illuminates and stays on to warn you. It picks up anything for a good distance behind and in the blind spot until it passes.

Front Assist I'm still learning about. In ACC mode it only tends to pick up vehicles that are overtaking and get close as they pull in as ACC doesn't let you get close enough for it to activate and I was mainly in this mode.

My verdict so far is I would spec both again and if you do it is important to understand how it works and the limitations. As an example as I was leaving a motorway behind another vehicle my speed was set at 70mph. My speed was restricted by the other vehicle so as he slowed to 50 MPH so did I. Under the right conditions you would stop if the vehicle in front did. Say for instance though that you just touched your brake you would deactivate ACC and not stop or as happened on this occasion the vehicle in front went round a sharpish right hander and it was therefore as far as ACC was concerned clear so therefore my vehicle wanted to return to 70mph. Not a good plan but I had my foot hovering and soon stopped the acceleration keeping my vehicle at a safe speed by deactivating ACC.

On a side note the Cali is very relaxing to drive and It's very ambience kerbed any desire to be in a hurry

Mike

Last edited:
Great reading @T6 CFO. Good to hear all is going well.

Can I cheekily ask about your Brandrup cabin mat. I seem to remember you saying that you went with the Moonrock Grey option. Any thoughts so far on whether it was the right choice?

Back