• DSG

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • Compromise

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: DSG or compromise?

AndyandLiz said:
DSG all the way for us, if you are spending all this money why compromise? when I want fun I just put mine into manual. If you can afford the house with the double garage why buy the semi detached with the single garage

This is the sort of comment that gets on my nerves. It costs more therefore is better. Its a big reason the economy is trashed.

12,500 miles on and I get an average of 36.5 MPG, I think that is bloody good

AndyandLiz said:
12,500 miles on and I get an average of 36.5 MPG, I think that is bloody good

We spend more on fuel therefore must be better... ;) :lol: :lol:

Come on manual fans (there are a few here), put your oar in... :lol:

I have a manual van, although given the choice it would be DSG and I have an S-Tronic (DSG) car.

3 pedals is so quaint and in my opinion over rated, especially in a vehicle such as the California.

I admit as I did before that when I lose the will to change gear and I'm up for a new Cali I would take one out for a good day or weekend and consider DSG
But my berghaus didn't have the option of adding options just accessories ,so as I liked it and got a good deal and could have it fur summer 2012 and not 2013 it was a no brainer for me at that time ....I do love this Vw 6-speed and is perfectly placed the clutch is great and it makes me feel I'm part of the whole Cali driving experience :)

Was always dead against Auto as always believed a proper sports cars had to have a stick, how wrong was I.

I've been converted to DSG and think it suits the heavy Cali perfectly.

Have no issues with small manouvers, reversing or pulling off. Decent MPG 35+

ETTO :D

I'm not sure I'm going to loose any sleep over fuel consumption. Is 33 instead of 37mg going to break the bank (£10 over 500miles) ?

It's the Loooooooong term reliability I'm concerned about?

I'm going to give my 2.4 diesel, manual box with 340,000 on it, a big hug later!

That said I've made up my mind.

DSG it is.

S.

3 pedals is so quaint and in my opinion over rated, especially in a vehicle such as the California.

Nice one.....

Isn't the auto or manual preference also a cultural thing? In France (it says in the Lonely Planet guide) it's almost impossible to hire an automatic. In the US it's the other way round.

You do know your left legs will soon wither away...?! ;) :lol:

It sounds like there's a lot of DSG out there now ,so does anyone know of its longevity wuthout problems ,as I'm assuming it has aload more tech then a manual and a big bucks issue if start having problems mechanical & electrical

choplee said:
It sounds like there's a lot of DSG out there now ,so does anyone know of its longevity wuthout problems ,as I'm assuming it has aload more tech then a manual and a big bucks issue if start having problems mechanical & electrical

Lee

It's clear that secretly you want a Toffee Brown Berg with an auto :)

James

Custard said:
choplee said:

Lee

James

Maybe a night blue or the new and improved toffee ... DARKWOOD ..:)

choplee said:
Custard said:
choplee said:

Lee

James

Don't let Gary and Buttons hear you say that - that's fighting talk :)
James

Lee It's clear that secretly you want a Toffee Brown Berg with an auto :)

James

Don't let Gary and Buttons hear you say that - that's fighting talk :)
James

Don't worry James Lee won't hurt Buttons feeling's he know's he's simply the best :funny

I think everyone deep down wants a DSG, especially Kernowlad

AndyandLiz said:
I think everyone deep down wants a DSG, especially Kernowlad
Ask me in 13 years when I pass 50...0;-)

My next Cali I think I might stretch to dsg ,but to be quite honest I'm really enjoying the whole Cali driving experience with the lovely 6- speed and I've always loved my cars and this is my first bus that's really fun to drive and has a bit of guts being practical as well ..
"boy racer at heart still maybe" lol

choplee said:
My next Cali I think I might stretch to dsg ,but to be quite honest I'm really enjoying the whole Cali driving experience with the lovely 6- speed and I've always loved my cars and this is my first bus that's really fun to drive and has a bit of guts being practical as well ..
"boy racer at heart still maybe" lol

That is part of the pro manual thing - it's a really good manual box. Loved it from the first day the T5 came out! Reminds me of the Civic Type R box - one of the best in any car (the rest of it is a bit iffy though!).

Great to see Porsche sticking with manual too - many choose PDK but that's because they aren't proper drivers ;) :lol: :lol:

I think DSG boxes must be the most useful asset of forum members........quick... KernowLad.....get one PRONTO....

BerndRos said:
I think DSG boxes must be the most useful asset of forum members........quick... KernowLad.....get one PRONTO....

I'd rather cheesegrate my parts then dip them in vinegar. :mrgreen:

KernowLad wrote......I'd rather cheesegrate my parts then dip them in vinegar

That sent a shiver through me.........

BerndRos said:

more than a shiver BrendRos ...i may have nightmares :shocked

KernowLad said:
I'd rather cheesegrate my parts then dip them in vinegar. :mrgreen:

I have a DVD at the bottom of my wardrobe with someone doing that in it !

choplee said:
BerndRos said:

more than a shiver BrendRos ...i may have nightmares :shocked

I had nightmares automatically :)

James

Back