Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California order times

How long did it take to get your T6 California from ordering

• Total voters
Just had an email from our dealer, Cali has arrived this morning! The workshop are doing their bit today, she will be polished on Tuesday and we can collect her on Wednesday. That will be exactly 25 weeks since we placed our order.

Mine was a week 14 build. I called VW the week before last and they said it was buing built week commencing last Monday. I then called them last Friday to be told it was built, and in quality control. So build took a week, Ordered 28th Sept too. Seems people being told different things. They said give 3 - 4 weeks for van to get to UK.
I'm in the same position as you, ordered early September, got a confirmed build date of wk 14 which I thought was last week, but the dealer told me it is this week as vw run a 53 week year. I made a call today to find out on progress to be told it was at position 7 (which I don't know what that means) but they then said it was at quality control

Just had an email from our dealer, Cali has arrived this morning! The workshop are doing their bit today, she will be polished on Tuesday and we can collect her on Wednesday. That will be exactly 25 weeks since we placed our order.
That's good news, I bet your getting excited now :thumb I see your from Devon what dealer did you use?

I ordered mine January 2017 dealer confirmed will have it two weeks time.

Spoke to vw today and was told mine is now at the dock waiting for a boat.
Woooohoooo

I'm in the same position as you, ordered early September, got a confirmed build date of wk 14 which I thought was last week, but the dealer told me it is this week as vw run a 53 week year. I made a call today to find out on progress to be told it was at position 7 (which I don't know what that means) but they then said it was at quality control
I called VW today, having been told it was built last week, the advisor was rather vague as to the progress this week. I was told to call back next week. I was expecting to hear it was on its way to the port but apparently its still status 20. She said the system isn't updated very frequently. But I still reckon week 14 was week commencing 3rd April.
I wish they gave us online access so we could check ourselves.

I called VW today, having been told it was built last week, the advisor was rather vague as to the progress this week. I was told to call back next week. I was expecting to hear it was on its way to the port but apparently its still status 20. She said the system isn't updated very frequently. But I still reckon week 14 was week commencing 3rd April.
I wish they gave us online access so we could check ourselves.
Yes I thought wk14 was last week, but dealer says he knows better than them. I agree with you they were a bit vague today. He said delivery to the uk would be up to 4 weeks but could go back.

That's good news, I bet your getting excited now :thumb I see your from Devon what dealer did you use?
We've used Carrs of Exeter - tried several other dealers but Steve gave us the best deal.

We've used Carrs of Exeter - tried several other dealers but Steve gave us the best deal.
I've also ordered from carrs and had always had excellent service. Didn't even have to ask for discount, not like snows in Plymouth they were so unprofessional.

Our dealer is in Preston - on the 22nd March I got an email saying 2 week 10's and a week 9 arrived in port on the 22nd.
VW Customer Care who can be reached on 0800 783 4909. You will need your SLi Order number.
I guess some week 10's made it and others didn't - also possible some week 10's made but dealer not able to register them. May not have had paperwork from buyer but I find that hard to believe if you could potentially save £1500...
I will hear back from VW in 2 days - I got an automated response from my email complaint - will let you know.
I said I would update you all - not much good news I am afraid.
I contacted VW customer service and eventually got someone who had any customer skills - I was basically told VW wouldn't take any responsibility for this. They apologised and said I should never have been told it would be here and the transport manager was wrong to do that!! They also said dealers shouldn't let customers know the build weeks as they always change. I really didn't have the energy to push this and didn't want it to turn in to a bad experience. Also the dealer in Preston has been good and didn't want to cause him any issues. Baby number 2 due in 2 weeks and picking the Van up after that - will be a great family van.

Mine was week 10. It arrived in UK on 3rd April but has taken until today (almost 3 weeks) to get from the port to the dealer. Easter holidays causing some delay I expect.

Has anyone ordered recently? I'd love to get something before September but it seems optimistic!

I think thats optimistic but you never know, i think it depends on a lot of factors.
mines arriving at the dealers next week which is 32 weeks after placing the order.
It might have something to do with me getting over exited on the options tho.
But personally i think its down to luck.
One guy on this forum ordered in January and has already taken delivery so fingers crossed ay.

Ordered mine on the 12th of January Collecting today ;);)

Has anyone ordered recently? I'd love to get something before September but it seems optimistic!

Just starting my journey and getting my spec together but dealer told me this week it would be 6 months. Also confirmed they can't take orders for the 204PS models.

Just starting my journey and getting my spec together but dealer told me this week it would be 6 months. Also confirmed they can't take orders for the 204PS models.
Just your Dealer regarding the 204 or is there a problem?

Just your Dealer regarding the 204 or is there a problem?

Not sure...but just called another dealer and it sounds like there are delays on the 204 with delivery times 7-8 months +, But they would take the order for one.

So it seems my local van centre may have decided to stop taking 204 orders and push towards the 150.

Just back from having a good look over the ocean and beach at the Leicester. Think the ocean is for us so next step to hire one for a couple of days to be 100%.

But the reason for this post was to confirm that the salesman showed me the email/notification from VW saying not to take orders for the 204 engine. They also showed me that it had been taken off their be ordering system.

Back