Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California order times

How long did it take to get your T6 California from ordering

• Total voters
I hope it is week 3 but provisional dates mean very little it seems. I wouldn't be too discouraged or excited about a date until it's confirmed.
I am remaining positive, as I have been since the begining, no matter what :thumb

After reading the some of the horror waiting times very lucky (if everything stays the same)

It must be the DSG, I remember reading on VW's car side that this can lead to longer lead in times. Its maybe a shared component across platforms?????

Have you seen any Cali's in blue, haven't seen one yet!!!

After reading the some of the horror waiting times very lucky (if everything stays the same)

It must be the DSG, I remember reading on VW's car side that this can lead to longer lead in times. Its maybe a shared component across platforms?????

Only pictures....

I've seen a fair few in blue. I ordered a DSG at the end of May and it was a 5month wait (which is around the average) so don't think it's necessarily the DSG. Randomness seems to be the main reason for delay!

I've seen a fair few in blue. I ordered a DSG at the end of May and it was a 5month wait (which is around the average) so don't think it's necessarily the DSG. Randomness seems to be the main reason for delay!
Currently, and I have this from three separate sources, Bamboo Green is a definite lead-time extender.

My Ocean is a 150DSG in Acapulco Blue, Ordered 5 September and it started build this week ((Week 48). Subject to Christmas and New Year delays I hope to take delivery in early January.

My Ocean is a 150DSG in Acapulco Blue, Ordered 5 September and it started build this week ((Week 48). Subject to Christmas and New Year delays I hope to take delivery in early January.
Sounds like a success story! Excellent!!

I spoke to our dealer today and our provisonal build date has been moved forward by a week to week 10, we are also code 10. They're not currently aware of bamboo green extending build times but they're checking. A certain alloy wheel/tyre combination and a particular leather interior are extending times though. Apparently DSG will also add a few weeks to a build.

I spoke to our dealer today and our provisonal build date has been moved forward by a week to week 10, we are also code 10. They're not currently aware of bamboo green extending build times but they're checking. A certain alloy wheel/tyre combination and a particular leather interior are extending times though. Apparently DSG will also add a few weeks to a build.
I also heard about the alloy Wheel/Tyre issue. So we should order white, manual, std alloys and all would be rosy. :thumb Sounds a bit like Henry.......

Weekly call from VW and our build date of week 2 is now confirmed and status 20.

Not wishing to speculate, but changing from Bamboo Green to Candy white did bring the build forward 8 weeks.

Delivery expected early March, so nice new 17 plate and old style VED rates

Weekly call from VW and our build date of week 2 is now confirmed and status 20.

Not wishing to speculate, but changing from Bamboo Green to Candy white did bring the build forward 8 weeks.

and onto the cool wall ;) (hides behind sofa)

Result :thumb (Although a shame it took a change of colour)

Excellent! Change to manual and std alloys would probably bring it earlier still - definitely a bit Henry Fordish!!

I do hope these changing dates will not make mine later, I suppose we must be all in a shuffling line, some forwards some back.......:headbang, no I will remain calm and positive. :thumb:thumb

Could everyone that has ordered Bamboo Green please change their colour choice. This may speed ours up :D

Could everyone that has ordered Bamboo Green please change their colour choice. This may speed ours up :D
What colour did you order?

Ordered our 150 DSG on the same day, iridium grey, our build is also in progress and we're also hoping for January (still got that teeny spark of hope it might arrive for christmas though!!)

Bamboo green!
Hadn't made the connection. Sorry - if everyone else changed and left yours with Bamboo Green, wouldn't that make it worse for you? Wa wa!!!!! OMG!!! And if you change now? Can you change now? Would you change now? My head would be exploding. I really do feel for you right now.

Quite surprised by the poll result so far. 40% get their Cali within 2-3 months - fingers crossed I'll beat the VED increase

Hadn't made the connection. Sorry - if everyone else changed and left yours with Bamboo Green, wouldn't that make it worse for you? Wa wa!!!!! OMG!!! And if you change now? Can you change now? Would you change now? My head would be exploding. I really do feel for you right now.

My thinking is if everyone else swapped from bamboo green it would mean the paint would be allocated to our build - assuming its a paint supply problem.

My thinking is if everyone else swapped from bamboo green it would mean the paint would be allocated to our build - assuming its a paint supply problem.
But then it becomes one of "do we have enough orders to make a production batch". I suspect the problem is a VW supplier problem or simply not enough BG orders.

I think it would be more likely they would be waiting for 100 or so bamboo green Cali orders to run through the paint shop in one batch before they switch back to spraying white panel vans. So if people switched from BG you'd be waiting even longer

Quite surprised by the poll result so far. 40% get their Cali within 2-3 months - fingers crossed I'll beat the VED increase
Yeah, surprises me too. Concerning the new VED - Amen!!

Back