Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California order times

How long did it take to get your T6 California from ordering

• Total voters
Just heard that ours is built and in transit too. There's even an outside chance of delivery before Christmas :bananadance2

Hello All

Just had stage 20 confirmed build week 3 from the local dealer, so all in all ordered 11/11/16 delivery expected March !!!!

Anyone know someone interested in an 2008 shuttle??

Hello All

Just had stage 20 confirmed build week 3 from the local dealer, so all in all ordered 11/11/16 delivery expected March !!!!

Anyone know someone interested in an 2008 shuttle??
Another who's not in line! ;) I'm happy for you but not for me but I will stay cool!!:cool:

Status 20 – Factory ordered with confirmed build week of week 9. Hoping for delivery early March (ordered 2nd week of Oct). Holding our nerve with Bamboo Green is hopefully going to pay off and beat the VED raise.

Status 20 – Factory ordered with confirmed build week of week 9. Hoping for delivery early March (ordered 2nd week of Oct). Holding our nerve with Bamboo Green is hopefully going to pay off and beat the VED raise.
Fingers crossed for you. :thumb

My van was build week 4, it left the factory 29 January, and is currently awaiting loading onto a ship. Dealer expects it next week. 3 weeks build to delivery to dealer takes yours to week 12. Your dealer should be expecting it week commencing 20 March. If you get it registered immediately you should just miss the new VED. If I am right with these timings, don't expect handover until early April.

My van was build week 4, it left the factory 29 January, and is currently awaiting loading onto a ship. Dealer expects it next week. 3 weeks build to delivery to dealer takes yours to week 12. Your dealer should be expecting it week commencing 20 March. If you get it registered immediately you should just miss the new VED. If I am right with these timings, don't expect handover until early April.
I am told the dealer can register the vehicle if it is on UK soil and he has the VIN number.

I would have thought that in order to get the Cali registered in your name you would have to pay for it and therefore accepted it without seeing it.
Should not be a problem but could be. Also possibly something you could negotiate with the dealer.

Mike

I would have thought that in order to get the Cali registered in your name you would have to pay for it and therefore accepted it without seeing it.
Should not be a problem but could be. Also possibly something you could negotiate with the dealer.

Mike
Most times a vehicle is registered before you see it. I don't ever remember being invited to see a new car I was buying without it being registered complete with reg plates etc.

Most times a vehicle is registered before you see it. I don't ever remember being invited to see a new car I was buying without it being registered complete with reg plates etc.
Good point. Doh!!!!

Mike

Mine has just been confirmed for build week 10 (w/c 6th March) so desperately hoping it will achieve a 3 week trip to the UK.

I ordered early October so it's looking like around a 6 month lead time. I have had an unconfirmed week 11 for a while but recently moved forward by a week. I haven't made any spec changes - 150 DSG with a reasonable selection of bells and whistles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has just been confirmed for build week 10 (w/c 6th March) so desperately hoping it will achieve a 3 week trip to the UK.

I ordered early October so it's looking like around a 6 month lead time. I have had an unconfirmed week 11 for a while but recently moved forward by a week. I haven't made any spec changes - 150 DSG with a reasonable selection of bells and whistles.
Your order date, spec, build week and delivery week is similar to ours. Lets hope we receive our Calis before April.

Ordered mine 13 September. Expected at the dealers end of Feb ready for collection when back from holiday mid March. 6 months start to finish as expected.

Been on the phone winging agin Today build date has changed 4 times now being told will be here 2nd week of March by dealer mid April by VW customer services

:rage:rage

Trip to Italy booked 14 th April will it be here or are VW renting 1 for me thtas the question we will see.

Mike
I think this depends entirely upon the dealer. Mine - Parkway Leicester - wanted full payment before they would register the vehicle.

They then asked for payment 48 hours before because they do all the registrations from their head office. I refused. No way were they getting my money until the keys were in my hand. We then had a bit of a stand-off for a couple of days before the salesman managed to argue my case and they found a way of registering it at the time of handover.

Checked mine again today, has slipped again. Was wk15, now wk18.

Just had our Beach confirmed build week 11. Our build was 3 then slipped 4,5,6,8,10 and now 11!! (ordered 6th Sept from Preston). I have been very annoyed although not the dealers fault due to the increase in TAX. Interestingly the dealer had an email saying not to worry they will get the Cali to them before the end of March - bold statement I think I will ask to have a copy of that email. That was when it was build week 10 and I was assured it would confirm at 10 now 11 - we will wait and see.

He said today they have build week 6 vans arriving this week (week 7). Keeping everything crossed.... The dealer told me they can register the Cali as soon as it hits UK soil.

Just had our Beach confirmed build week 11. Our build was 3 then slipped 4,5,6,8,10 and now 11!! (ordered 6th Sept from Preston). I have been very annoyed although not the dealers fault due to the increase in TAX. Interestingly the dealer had an email saying not to worry they will get the Cali to them before the end of March - bold statement I think I will ask to have a copy of that email. That was when it was build week 10 and I was assured it would confirm at 10 now 11 - we will wait and see.

He said today they have build week 6 vans arriving this week (week 7). Keeping everything crossed.... The dealer told me they can register the Cali as soon as it hits UK soil.
Yes, dealer just needs VIN and the vehicle on UK soil to register. Sounds as if your dealer is on the case. Good luck!

Yes, dealer just needs VIN and the vehicle on UK soil to register. Sounds as if your dealer is on the case. Good luck!
Thanks Jabberwocky - I am going to keep the pressure on VW as much as I can - fingers crossed..... :0)

Back