Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California order times

How long did it take to get your T6 California from ordering

• Total voters
Beat me to it jabbywocky!

Hi all,

Just got a confirmed build date for my 150 manual Beach ordered in late May. With Christmas holidays it will be ready for collection in early Feb. That's just over 9 months from order to delivery. As to the cause of delay, in my case it appears the fact my dealer had already sold their 2016 allocation well before my late May order was significant. In essence i went to the front of the next dealership allocation.

Just to let you know we ordered ours from Guy in Preston on 9th September and it is currently (as I type) being built. This means relatively conservatively a mid-January delivery. So 4 months-ish (hopefully) start to finish.

Its an Acapulco blue, 150 6 speed manual, 4motion with 'other bits and bats' spec

Obviously I won't complete the poll until we actually get it :)

Just posted in another thread - we ordered Beach 6th Sept. and had estimate build week 3. I was hoping for a confirmed date this week or early next, however,..... today it now week 7..... Guess what colour - it was Bamboo Green I changed to Grey this afternoon. The dealer doesn't think it will make any difference and the colour change is still at week 7 but it could update this weekend apparently. I hope that makes a difference - I still can't get over what a lottery this process is and the colour being a factor is just stupid! I will keep you all posted.

Just posted in another thread - we ordered Beach 6th Sept. and had estimate build week 3. I was hoping for a confirmed date this week or early next, however,..... today it now week 7..... Guess what colour - it was Bamboo Green I changed to Grey this afternoon. The dealer doesn't think it will make any difference and the colour change is still at week 7 but it could update this weekend apparently. I hope that makes a difference - I still can't get over what a lottery this process is and the colour being a factor is just stupid! I will keep you all posted.

Out of interest did the dealer say there would be any extra to pay for changing the colour now we have had the price increase on the 1st December?

Hi all,

Just got a confirmed build date for my 150 manual Beach ordered in late May. With Christmas holidays it will be ready for collection in early Feb. That's just over 9 months from order to delivery. As to the cause of delay, in my case it appears the fact my dealer had already sold their 2016 allocation well before my late May order was significant. In essence i went to the front of the next dealership allocation.
I did hear unofficially that Dealers are limited to 14 per year. Perhaps there's a connection to Salesman offering big discounts to keep commission flow.
Not seen any evidence in threads to confirm this aspect to date.

Out of interest did the dealer say there would be any extra to pay for changing the colour now we have had the price increase on the 1st December?
Didn't say anything about cost increase to change colour - I didn't even think about that..

We just got a confirmed build of week 3, having only ordered on 15th November. It looks like around 4 months from order to delivery for us if things go to plan. Ours is a T6 Ocean 204 DSG 4Motion in Candy White. We actually ordered in black and swapped to white a week later - perhaps going for the default colour is helping us get through the system quickly.

The full option list is over in Introduce Yourself.

Yippeee! Mine has been built and is on its way to a german port! Expecting to pick up after christmas! Indium grey T6 150 DSG with pretty standard extras from the brochure.

Congratulations - will this mean a Cali Christmas then?:)
I wish! But i think not... it'll probably sit in some huge shipyard while everyones on holiday! :( still, better than the March delivery we were expecting!

Out of interest when do you formally get told what's happening and when? Thus far I've always been one step ahead of the standard system, badgering Guy at Preston with emails with him then replying that it 'has an unconfirmed build week' (he did that reply several times :)), 'has a confirmed build week' and, the latest, 'is being built'. Guy mentioned that it could take 3 weeks to build (this week is the third week), then it is delivered to a port in Germany and then, weather permitting, shipped to Grimsby. Then it can take one to two weeks to get to Preston from there. I'd kind of like a Cali tracking system so I can see where its at any time of day.

Presumably Guy will contact me when its in?

Out of interest when do you formally get told what's happening and when? Thus far I've always been one step ahead of the standard system, badgering Guy at Preston with emails with him then replying that it 'has an unconfirmed build week' (he did that reply several times :)), 'has a confirmed build week' and, the latest, 'is being built'. Guy mentioned that it could take 3 weeks to build (this week is the third week), then it is delivered to a port in Germany and then, weather permitting, shipped to Grimsby. Then it can take one to two weeks to get to Preston from there. I'd kind of like a Cali tracking system so I can see where its at any time of day.

Well he will want your money unless of course you've already paid in full.:shocked

Well he will want your money unless of course you've already paid in full.:shocked

Haha, I even had to request a final cost summary from him.... although I'm sure he would've remembered to send that in time. I'm now in scrat about for all the money mode in fact

My build week 50 has gone back to week 3 :(

Had to enquire despite being assured that I'd be notified of any changes.

Yippeee! Mine has been built and is on its way to a german port! Expecting to pick up after christmas! Indium grey T6 150 DSG with pretty standard extras from the brochure.

Yippeeee2. Mine (Ocean 150 DSG in Acapulco) is also on its way to a German port! Is this going to be race?

Great to hear some good news from lots of people. More bad news my end I am afraid. I changed the colour from Bamboo Garden Green as I hoped it would help my slip from week 3-7, however, the change to grey has slipped it to week 8 (unconfirmed of course). Tempted to cancel and spend the £1500 extra tax I would pay for a family holiday - at least I could book that for a particular date and go :)

I really feel for guys and girls that have had their respective orders in for longer than us - I would definitely take my money elsewhere. If it slips further from week 8 I will cancel I recon.

Yippeeee2. Mine (Ocean 150 DSG in Acapulco) is also on its way to a German port! Is this going to be race?
Don't you just want to go get it? Haha! The thought of it just sitting there is almost worse than waiting to know the build date! (almost!)

Great to hear some good news from lots of people. More bad news my end I am afraid. I changed the colour from Bamboo Garden Green as I hoped it would help my slip from week 3-7, however, the change to grey has slipped it to week 8 (unconfirmed of course). Tempted to cancel and spend the £1500 extra tax I would pay for a family holiday - at least I could book that for a particular date and go :)

I really feel for guys and girls that have had their respective orders in for longer than us - I would definitely take my money elsewhere. If it slips further from week 8 I will cancel I recon.
Oh no :/ i do hope it changes for the better for you. We were told to expect it in feb/march and that seemed to tie in with most peoples experience on the forums - we placed our order and didn't make any changes but it build date was brought forward by 4 weeks from our initial unconfirmed date, took about 2 weeks after we got the unconfirmed to tell us the new week. Fingers crossed for you!

We did the same, placed our order with Mark at west yorks van centre, didn't make any changes, emailed him weekly and he gave us updates. There doesnt seem to be any other way tbh.

Don't you just want to go get it? Haha! The thought of it just sitting there is almost worse than waiting to know the build date! (almost!)

A very tempting idea :D but we will just have to try to be patient for a little longer and be very grateful we haven't suffered the delays others have had to endure.

Only a few more phases to go through. :bananadance2

Status codes

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled. ✅
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled. ✅
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed. ✅
30 = In transit from factory. ✅
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

80 = Collected from dealer

90 = Reading the manual

100= Camping in it

Mike

Haha

I bet there are loads more. Including, I hope you don't mind me mentioning it, and at the risk of tempting fate...the occasional

71 = That isn't the spec I ordered !!!

Haha

I bet there are loads more. Including, I hope you don't mind me mentioning it, and at the risk of tempting fate...the occasional

71 = That isn't the spec I ordered !!!
LOL. I think this one could run

I'll bag 81 while I can

81 = Collected and it's the right one

Mike

Back