Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

UK - RIP Coast, hello 6.1 Beach?

In theory whilst we are still on EU terms until end of year there would be no import taxes now. The EU warranty terms may differ to UK, you'd need to ask those questions.

By definition the spec wouldn't match the UK model, obviously so in this case as the model variant isn't imported (more relevant if you were importing an Ocean or Coast)

Could be a good solution. Going forward Eire is an easy choice logistically, not sure if other EU countries would be better tax saving wise.
It also depends what side you prefer your steering wheel.....

Currently up in the highlands and over the past week have seen several Coast models on sites all of which were hired. Helped several people out with things like turning the gas on and electrics.

Saw one couple sleep with all the blinds open. Had a conversation with them next morning and it transpired they had been away for a week and didn't know the van had blinds. The lady had been lying on the floor for a week getting changed. Saw another guy wind an awning out without support and sat under it with no support.

There could be some very abused Coasts on the second hand market in the future.
Are you in a Cali?

This was my thinking. I ordered a Coast with essentials (3 way air-con, parkings gadgets, privacy glass) and came in at just over 51k. Cheaper than 3 year old T6 Oceans on the market. I can live with a manual roof. Only downside is that i dont have it for this summer.
Thats a great price could I ask where you got it from as looking to order a Coast too!

It also depends what side you prefer your steering wheel.....
[/QUOTE

True but Eire isn't the only choice for RHD, there's also Cyprus for example or a non-standard RHD order in the other EU countries as some have done. As the original poster mentioned importing to UK from Ireland RHD is probably a fair assumption.

Thats a great price could I ask where you got it from as looking to order a Coast too!
Via drive the deal (who will put you in touch with VW Crawley Eurovans) or autoebid (who put you in touch with VW Liverpool I believe). So you could go straight to those dealers.

I consider the coast to be a great compromise. It has the essentials of the ocean without the faff (I actually think a manual roof is better - I may be wrong). And it’s quite a lot cheaper.
if only a decent microwave was built in and then forget all about cooking otherwise. I dream.

Wow can only hope, I really liked the look of the new beach (especially built in cooker) but it wasnt coming here.
If only a microwave oven could be provided one could forget about the gas system. I do dream.

who wants to cook in the place you sleep?
The hint is in the name " Camper " + " Van ".

So basically following your comment you won't be owning a Tent, Caravan, Campervan or Motor Home. I cannot bring to mind any vehicle that has a separate, closed off kitchen, that is used as a recreational vehicle.

I suggest you keep to Hotels or Air B&B's. Recreational vehicles obviously aren't for you.

So basically following your comment you won't be owning a Tent, Caravan, Campervan or Motor Home. I cannot bring to mind any vehicle that has a separate, closed off kitchen, that is used as a recreational vehicle.

I suggest you keep to Hotels or Air B&B's. Recreational vehicles obviously aren't for you.
We have *never* cooked in our van.

Outside - yes
Under the canopy - yes
Under the canopy with side panels - yes
In the driveaway awning - yes
In the place where we sleep - no

(We have eaten in the van.)

Outside - yes
Under the canopy - yes

But you haven't got a " Camper " Van. You've got a " Sleeper " Van.:thumb

Outside - yes
Under the canopy - yes

Didn't realised you had changed your Beach to an Ocean as the OP @G3WRT has.

Love to see you cooking outside in a 50mph blizzard and -7c as it was on my last visit to Nordkapp.

Didn't realised you had changed your Beach to an Ocean as the OP @G3WRT has.

Love to see you cooking outside in a 50mph blizzard and -7c as it was on my last visit to Nordkapp.

We did that one November high in the Pyrenees. Under the awning canopy with side panels. That was one of the very few occasions when we have eaten a cooked meal inside the van.

If I recall correctly, breakfast at Nordkapp was relatively cheap by paying a modest premium on the car park charge. Children’s breakfasts were free. We arrived prepared at Nordkapp with a cold dinner and had a cooked breakfast in the morning. Not that morning and evening made much difference there: it was daylight 24 hours per day during our visit.

I fear we are heading towards a Beach vs Ocean debate.....

Only one winner... ;-)

Yes I have made a mistake withmy 6.1 coast. My wife says so. It is too tall to fit in my garage and she wont let me build another.... Glad i could afford it though. A tent would be better in some respects. The air flushes through. So yes hotels are my modus and powerful sports car.. Expect an advert for a 600 mile only coast.

We did that one November high in the Pyrenees. Under the awning canopy with side panels. That was one of the very few occasions when we have eaten a cooked meal inside the van.

If I recall correctly, breakfast at Nordkapp was relatively cheap by paying a modest premium on the car park charge. Children’s breakfasts were free. We arrived prepared at Nordkapp with a cold dinner and had a cooked breakfast in the morning. Not that morning and evening made much difference there: it was daylight 24 hours per day during our visit.
We did that 10 years ago in our regular car. We can stil do it in our coast if we want to. We can still take a hotel if we like. We still can cook outside if I bother to take a bbq or so with us. But we have a fully usable kitchen inside when we just can’t bother to empty the trunk and make camp for 30 minutes if we just want to make a quick stop. Btw: we also have a porta potti … under the sink.

Back