Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What Have You Ordered For Your Van Even Though Your Van Hasn't Arrived Yet?

Bumble The Van

Bumble The Van

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I am on the waiting list like so many others anxiously waiting for the day it finally arrives after all the delays in production but i wanted to ask if anyine is like me and going on shopping sprees for goodies, which feels kind of bad as its still not here yet, but simply cant help myself, i find it a theraputic drug to make the weeks go by :) Tell me is anyone else the same please? Make me feel better would you?

So far ordered the :

Thule bike rack
Ridgemonkey
Cobb Oven (confession i have used this now 5 times and i simply love the thing perfect roast chicken in the garden!)
Cadac Safari gass BBQ
Brandrup Pockets
Thetford 335 loo
Shelving kit for cupboard in aluminium
magnetic cutlery i saw on here that some chap had ordered that looked amazing but sadly were a whopping 120 quid (Magware Full Set)

I owned a t5 many years ago and sore to myself that next one i would travel so much lighter lol but at this rate it will be full and have no passengers

Sounds like you've got loads already :)
Personally I would get anything you think you will need straight away, for example if you want an awning as many keep going out of stock so you could end up compromising or no awning for a while. Also get the gas as I believe they are out of stock as well in many places at the moment.

Sounds like you've got loads already :)
Personally I would get anything you think you will need straight away, for example if you want an awning as many keep going out of stock so you could end up compromising or no awning for a while. Also get the gas as I believe they are out of stock as well in many places at the moment.
cheers ladymuck i bought loads of it as i do love to sit in my shed and boil a cuppa whist my doors are open watching wildlife so im ok with that thank you :) its an ocean so comes with awning but thank you for your advice on going out of stock that sadly though makes me want to shop some more lolol thank you :)

cheers ladymuck i bought loads of it as i do love to sit in my shed and boil a cuppa whist my doors are open watching wildlife so im ok with that thank you :) its an ocean so comes with awning but thank you for your advice on going out of stock that sadly though makes me want to shop some more lolol thank you :)
I know I'm encouraging you :Iamsorry

I loved shopping for the Cali whilst waiting for it. Many say wait and see what you need but there's not much I've regretted buying and mostly glad I did as there's so much out of stock now..

By awning I mean a drive away one, not the one that comes with the van.

I loved shopping for the Cali whilst waiting for it. Many say wait and see what you need but there's not much I've regretted buying and mostly glad I did as there's so much out of stock now..

By awning I mean a drive away one, not the one that comes with the van.
yeah i had one for my old t5 but have to be honest and say it was a faf to set up and use , maybe they have got better now but the whole objective of this van is to go on boat holidays and use to have a few one night stop off on way down so much more about setting up awning on the van and sat outside with bottle of rose etc then off again next morning on the next leg ...... :)

Nowt! It’s so far off it’d be torture anyway:D

For starters I need to find a reasonably priced city centre parking space to rent (lol)
It would be nice to have the bike rack ready to fit when the van arrives though. Most of the actual camping gear we’ve got already although the storage boxes we use in the Multivan won’t fit then Cali so there’s those to get. And the sooner I got solar, the better.

I am on the waiting list like so many others anxiously waiting for the day it finally arrives after all the delays in production but i wanted to ask if anyine is like me and going on shopping sprees for goodies, which feels kind of bad as its still not here yet, but simply cant help myself, i find it a theraputic drug to make the weeks go by :) Tell me is anyone else the same please? Make me feel better would you?

So far ordered the :

Thule bike rack
Ridgemonkey
Cobb Oven (confession i have used this now 5 times and i simply love the thing perfect roast chicken in the garden!)
Cadac Safari gass BBQ
Brandrup Pockets
Thetford 335 loo
Shelving kit for cupboard in aluminium
magnetic cutlery i saw on here that some chap had ordered that looked amazing but sadly were a whopping 120 quid (Magware Full Set)

I owned a t5 many years ago and sore to myself that next one i would travel so much lighter lol but at this rate it will be full and have no passengers
@GrumpyGranddad bought far more than that before his van arrived. Still waiting to see the full list!

... so much, but the funniest might be how my better half and I bought each other a Ridge Monkey XL for Xmas. I think 2 will be useful though in the end.

@GrumpyGranddad bought far more than that before his van arrived. Still waiting to see the full list!
Only the bare essentials :) Bit boring but here goes:-

Dual Solar Panel system
Slide out rear tray.
Extra drawer kit for right hand kitchen cupboard.
Pull out shelf for left hand kitchen cupboard and DIY converted to a drawer.
Kitchen shelf.
Wardrobe shelves.
Pucer poptop screen.
Pucer front window screen.
Sparesafe.
Airsafe.
Thule towbar bike rack.
Comfortz awning room and infills.
Thule awning straps.
Awning LED lights.
Groundsheet.
Pegs.
Cadac 2 ring gas stove.
Cooking table and windshield.
Campingaz 907 x2.
30m hook up cable and sundry bits.
Hose pipe and fittings.
Water container.
PIR cupboard lights.
Waterproof seat covers.
Carpets (lounge)
Rubber mats (cab)
Popup toilet tent.
Portapotti 335.
Fan heater.
Bed Linen.
Sleeping bag/duvet.
Snorkel for diesel heater (home made).
Steering wheel lock.
Various security devices/systems.
Front & rear dashcams.
Ladder.
Packing crates.
Cutlery/crockery.
Pots/pans/kettle.
Shoe box.
12v to multi USB hub.
Food containers.
IKEA Sunnersta rail.
Sink chopping board.
iPad headrest mount.
Wheel ramps.
30mm lowering springs.
Heko wind deflectors.
5th year warranty.
VWCC Stickers.

Bound to have forgotten a few things …….?

Last edited:
Only the bare essentials :) Bit boring but here goes:-

Dual Solar Panel system
Slide out rear tray.
Extra drawer kit for right hand kitchen cupboard.
Pull out shelf for left hand kitchen cupboard and DIY converted to a drawer.
Kitchen shelf.
Wardrobe shelves.
Pucer poptop screen.
Pucer front window screen.
Sparesafe.
Airsafe.
Thule towbar bike rack.
Comfortz awning room and infills.
Thule awning straps.
Awning LED lights.
Groundsheet.
Pegs.
Cadac 2 ring gas stove.
Cooking table and windshield.
Campingaz 907 x2.
30m hook up cable and sundry bits.
Hose pipe and fittings.
Water container.
PIR cupboard lights.
Waterproof seat covers.
Carpets (lounge)
Rubber mats (cab)
Popup toilet tent.
Portapotti 335.
Fan heater.
Bed Linen.
Sleeping bag/duvet.
Snorkel for diesel heater (home made).
Steering wheel lock.
Various security devices/systems.
Front & rear dashcams.
Ladder.
Packing crates.
Cutlery/crockery.
Pots/pans/kettle.
Shoe box.
12v to multi USB hub.
Food containers.
IKEA Sunnersta rail.
Sink chopping board.
iPad headrest mount.
Wheel ramps.

Bound to have forgotten a few things but now hitting the sack.
blooming hell lolol

blooming hell lolol
When listed @V-J , it does seem an awful lot but in hindsight I don’t think i’d remove any of it. Love the way we’ve set up the van and learning how to stash everthing for maximum convenience.
As we gain experience, maybe not all the stuff will be taken on every single trip i.e. the Pucer Screens probably won’t be packed on long trips in the height of summer? Maybe the outdoor cooking gear and popup tent might only be taken when we’re pitching up for longer trips, etc.
I appreciate that some people go for a more minimal setup, but feel that we’re well covered now for any trip. :)

We have an extensive list, having only ordered our Coast within the last fortnight.

So far...Ridge Monkey XL, 24 piece Front Runner cutlery set as recommended by A Bus & Beyond, a 12v adaptor offering 2x 12v sockets and 2 usb ports and a triple extension plug for the downstairs 3 pin plug. Lots lots more to come which is all part of the fun!

Back