Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to check before extended warranty ends...

Tambour doors - check they are not starting to separate.
Roof Corrosion.
Frayed front blinds.
Shelf clips in rear cupboard aren't broken.
Top rivets for awning mounting haven't sheared.
How easy/quick is it to have a tambour door replaced? Our van’s due its first service soon and if we’re able to go somewhere to have it done we won’t want to hang around longer than we need to due to Covid.

What’s the bit about VW assist please? I didn’t think it was included in the 3-5yr warranty extension - has that now changed? Thanks.
It’s not part of warranty extension but I have read on here that you can also have it extended.

Correct, not included, I purchased a 2-year extension.
@Kernowboy and @Loz - sorry my post was misleading. I was trying to say thay my dealer did not mention it was possible to extend the VW assist by 2 years (similar to the extended warranty).

How easy/quick is it to have a tambour door replaced? Our van’s due its first service soon and if we’re able to go somewhere to have it done we won’t want to hang around longer than we need to due to Covid.
Quick and easy job.

@Kernowboy and @Loz - sorry my post was misleading. I was trying to say thay my dealer did not mention it was possible to extend the VW assist by 2 years (similar to the extended warranty).
You have to do it yourself. Nothing to do with the Dealership. All the details in the VW Assistance handbook.

Back