Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bigger vans

Just got the message to say my GC’s finished production and should be at Breeze in the next 4 weeks. Bellowgate will very shortly be a thing of the past for me and I can finally move on to a new chapter, can’t wait.
Hopefully you'll be sharing lots of pics so pleased you're moving onward and upwards! Really interested to see your ideas of 'softening' the interior you alluded to in your previous posts.

Hopefully you'll be sharing lots of pics so pleased you're moving onward and upwards! Really interested to see your ideas of 'softening' the interior you alluded to in your previous posts.
Hi Barry have you got the contact details of the chap who does the sink cover chopping board please :)

Hi Barry have you got the contact details of the chap who does the sink cover chopping board please :)
Not sure if you're a member of the Sven FB group but he's posted on their his name is Roger Moreton if this helps.

Not sure why the Club Joker & Sven Owners post has been shut down by the moderators, seemed pretty helpful and innocuous to me?

Not sure if you're a member of the Sven FB group but he's posted on their his name is Roger Moreton if this helps.

Not sure why the Club Joker & Sven Owners post has been shut down by the moderators, seemed pretty helpful and innocuous to me?
Not a member of FB at all but thanks for the name and there is no need to shut down that thread it's been really helpful

Not a member of FB at all but thanks for the name and there is no need to shut down that thread kit's really helpful
I'm not on FB either but I've a friend who is who sorted it all for me, I know Campervan time have bought one and you can see it in some of their videos. Perhaps you can ask them maybe.

Yes I agree, hopefully this won't get me banned but this is one reason I won't pay a subscription to this channel. Some really toxic threads I've reported seem to run and run and yet others seem to get shut down for no reason at all.

Oh well, good while it lasted.

People should just click the ignore button instead of complaining if they are not interested in a topic.
Could have got shut for posting vehicles for sale.
Or just to much traffic as it’s Cali forum (guessing).

Could have got shut for posting vehicles for sale.
Or just to much traffic as it’s Cali forum (guessing).
Oh shoot, well a warning would have been nice.

Who cares, the link got you a bargain :D
Just a bit rude after the 4 years worth of input I’ve given this forum.
Helped many a young un so I have.
Totallly forgot. Was caught up in the moment.
Maybe the Mod would delete my post and reopen the chat.
But yep @larrylamb has done a blinder and helped me into a Sven.
It wasn’t the Autotrader link.
It was me asking if I think my was a fair price.
But then I’ve put it in the classified section for £25 anyway.
So don’t see the problem ?

Just a bit rude after the 4 years worth of input I’ve given this forum.
Helped many a young un so I have.
Totallly forgot. Was caught up in the moment.
Maybe the Mod would delete my post and reopen the chat.
But yep @larrylamb has done a blinder and helped me into a Sven.
It wasn’t the Autotrader link.
It was me asking if I think my was a fair price.
But then I’ve put it in the classified section for £25 anyway.
So don’t see the problem ?
Agreed, on other forums I'm on the mods usually warn first or at least give their reasons so it potentially avoids issues in the future.

Back to the Sven another bonus I discovered over the Cali is as you can use 6kg bottles is you'll save a fortune over the cost of Campinggaz bottles!

Let's move on, we still have a section on this forum for ex Cali owners to post about other vans.
Perhaps it was Bill mentioning his Cali spec etc but he has rightly advertised it on the forum so don't se the problem.
Perhaps @calikev could explain?

This forum, that has contributed so much to the Cali community, is a one-man band run by a man who is also trying to run a business. It costs nowt to join and if you want certain benefits then a few quid a year. It has a very high message rate and that message rate is the tip of an iceberg from what I saw, the big chunk of iceberg is the spam, the scams, the abuse, the illegal and the way-off topic that the owners have to deal with and prevent from getting posted.

Give @calikev a break. Let's thank him for all the hard work he puts in to providing this forum for us ,,, yes, FOR US and stop grinding his gears just because a thread disappears.

Last edited:
Give @calikev a break. Let's thank him for all the hard he puts in to providing this forum for us ,,, yes, FOR US and stop grinding his gears just because a thread disappears.
Nobody's having a pop, it's a great forum. a simple explanation why a friendly thread got binned would perhaps help us going forward. Stop it happening again.

Nobody's having a pop, it's a great forum. a simple explanation why a friendly thread got binned would perhaps help us going forward. Stop it happening again.
Carl, I'm not on about having a pop, I'm trying to say that perhaps sometimes it's just not convenient to give an explanation, busy, overstressed, dealing with other issues, falling off his motorbike, I don't know ....

but I will tell you one thing from my experience. The moment you open a debate on a moderating issue the gates open. Everyone then has an opinion on how to run the forum,, the mod-haters come swinging in bitching about "who wants moderation anyway", , the alternative suggestions come swinging in, and before you know it a simple explanation becomes a 500 comment thread that you are spending more time on than the whole of the rest of the forum put together.

I'm not defending anything, not suggesting anything, I did not even see the thread, just giving a different viewpoint.

Carl, I'm not on about having a pop, I'm trying to say that perhaps sometimes it's just not convenient to give an explanation, busy, overstressed, dealing with other issues, falling off his motorbike, I don't know ....

but I will tell you one thing from my experience. The moment you open a debate on a moderating issue the gates open. Everyone then has an opinion on how to run the forum,, the mod-haters come swinging in bitching about "who wants moderation anyway", , the alternative suggestions come swinging in, and before you know it a simple explanation becomes a 500 comment thread that you are spending more time on than the whole of the rest of the forum put together.

I'm not defending anything, not suggesting anything, I did not even see the thread, just giving a different viewpoint.
No problem Jen, hope you are well, not seen you around much lately. Hope you and your Hymer are still having fun.

No problem Jen, hope you are well, not seen you around much lately. Hope you and your Hymer are still having fun.

Thank you Carl,

I have been in the USA a lot recently, digging the prodigal son out of the sh1t. He is the autistic one, has lived in the Sonoran desert for the last 7 years with only a tent for shelter and snakes, tarantula's and scorpions for company.

The rescue efforts were hard going but he is now in a trailer home in a very safe space.

Yes, I love my Ayres Rock, it is perfect for me, and in fact off in it for five days in Bristol leaving tomorrow!

Thank you Carl,

I have been in the USA a lot recently, digging the prodigal son out of the sh1t. He is the autistic one, has lived in the Sonoran desert for the last 7 years with only a tent for shelter and snakes, tarantula's and scorpions for company.

The rescue efforts were hard going but he is now in a trailer home in a very safe space.

Yes, I love my Ayres Rock, it is perfect for me, and in fact off in it for five days in Bristol leaving tomorrow!
Good Lord, that must have been very traumatic for you. Glad he is in a much safer environment.
Enjoy your Bristol break.

Back