Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali's on the Farm 2015 Feedback

Its good to see feedback and you will always get bad as well as good ... It will never be perfect , so let's not try and perfect it ...
I hate to say it but Oli and stu have some good points ... Lol

Calikev said:
There is a fish and chip shop as you drive in

I know, as I already said I think the site itself had some great facilities. It was more of a suggestion if the venue changed for next year.

The area we are in next year is about a quarter of a mile a way from the main campsite so it feels like you are in a different place.

It is also a few minutes walk from the pub ( Not the club house, the proper pub ) and the Chinese take away.

When we did the survey after COTF 2013 peoples responses were they would prefer to cook their own food, this is one of the reasons we did not bother with food this year. The only way we could do food is if people paid for it on the day but this is not an option at any commercial campsite.

This was our first California meet and we got so much information and tips from people, we also met many new friends along with our son Charlie who had great fun with the bubbles that our neighbour supplied. Only negative thing I would say is the need for evening entertainment, apart from that.

See you all next year :hello

Re: Cali's on the Farm 2015 Feedbackd

Did not wanded to step on anyones toes with earlyer replys , just being strait forward...

Anyway , many folks would prob like a pub / food stands but undoubely no campsit owner will allowd any "concurrent" traders on his site , selling VW parts is one thing ...burgers,fish&chips however will be a difficult point
Perhaps try to organise an bbq where you just place(burning) bbq- pits and tabels so everyone can bring there own booz , meet ( or veggi :mrgreen: ) and salads to prep and eat at site .
That way the campsiteshop will benefit from it.

Thing i' m also always interted in , is how do others organise this/that , what kind of things have others changed or removed/replaced by something else in thier Cali .
As for me i would take a look in some Cali's ....ok there has to be privacy but till a certain level this could be intrested and who knows what we can learn from each other.
In real life it say so much more than the pic's here on the forum

Maybe VW is intrested to bring over some demo vehickels and annonce an on site info day for potential buyers , they can see in one day everything the need to know about "the Cali-way of life"
My guess is that many(other) visitors on site wonderd around to the Cali site and where suprised by al those Cali's . Who knows theres a potential buyer umongst one of them?

Kev/Martin,
Here’s some ideas for alternate events at future COTF’s. I have tried to think of activities across the board, that would engender more member interaction and extending the duration of people staying around. No particular order and not all fully thought through. Many may have well been considered before and dismissed for various reasons. The principle to favour would be other members (not you guys) organise the events, setting the conditions of participation, costs, etc, and run the event at COTF. Clearly some coordination would be required overall, to avoid clashes etc.
• BBQ, hog roast, etc: Get commitment to attend and payment up front, even if people choose not to attend.
• Swap shop, bring & buy, etc.: Area where people can post items (either physically or piccies) they are interesting in swapping/selling, with contact details. Ideally the items would be with the individual at the event, so that people can look at them, interact.
• Photo competition: Those who take pictures at the event post their favourite on-line after the event, for a committee (or just the organiser or a sponsor) to select the winner, with a small prize. Would encourage people to interact during the event.
• Craft, artwork, etc. stalls: Either local to their Cali or in the vendor area. Anyone you has a skill or craft can offer their wares to other members.
• Holistic events: Probably a stretch but if members can do massage, reflexology, etc. they set-up an area to offer services (either free or for a modest charge).
• VW technician: Someone to help solve technical issues or offer advice on site. May need to define scope of what they can provide clearly.
• Walking/cycling: A member can suggest some routes, set a time and get people to sign-up ahead of the meet.
• Best in meet: A sponsor selects their favourite set-up and offers a small prize.
• Treasure hunt: Members offer up a cryptic clue related to their set-up and other members work the arena to find the answers.
• Run-out: Local drive/convoy.
• Picnic: Those interested, meet to chat, eat, etc. (either on site or off).
• Best flag, etc.: A small committee vote for the best flag (or other swirly thing on a stick), for a small prize.
• Local press/media: Invite them at least to come and visit, talk to organisers/members.
• Favourite accessory: Either post pictures or the item itself in the marque. Owning members could then show to others interested.
• Cali recipes: Members drop off favourite recipes in a box for other to peruse. Upload to forum later.
• More vendors: Maybe invite some others (e.g. Wi-Fi or LED engineers). Saw there was lots of interest last weekend.
• Mini-meets: Prior to COTF, members from designated areas consider gathering at the event. Maybe to set-up future local meets, etc.
• Most useless/useful thing: Members nominate/show off items at their pitch. Promotes some dialogue.
That's enough! Hope this is useful and triggers some other thoughts (and or volunteers).

Thanks again.

Great post Dave & Jacky, thanks :thumb

Some of your ideas sound just perfect, and you've managed to say much of what I didn't seem to be able to blurt out.

veg_frenzy said:
Kev/Martin,
Here’s some ideas for alternate events at future COTF’s. I have tried to think of activities across the board, that would engender more member interaction and extending the duration of people staying around. No particular order and not all fully thought through. Many may have well been considered before and dismissed for various reasons. The principle to favour would be other members (not you guys) organise the events, setting the conditions of participation, costs, etc, and run the event at COTF. Clearly some coordination would be required overall, to avoid clashes etc.
• BBQ, hog roast, etc: Get commitment to attend and payment up front, even if people choose not to attend.
• Swap shop, bring & buy, etc.: Area where people can post items (either physically or piccies) they are interesting in swapping/selling, with contact details. Ideally the items would be with the individual at the event, so that people can look at them, interact.
• Photo competition: Those who take pictures at the event post their favourite on-line after the event, for a committee (or just the organiser or a sponsor) to select the winner, with a small prize. Would encourage people to interact during the event.
• Craft, artwork, etc. stalls: Either local to their Cali or in the vendor area. Anyone you has a skill or craft can offer their wares to other members.
• Holistic events: Probably a stretch but if members can do massage, reflexology, etc. they set-up an area to offer services (either free or for a modest charge).
• VW technician: Someone to help solve technical issues or offer advice on site. May need to define scope of what they can provide clearly.
• Walking/cycling: A member can suggest some routes, set a time and get people to sign-up ahead of the meet.
• Best in meet: A sponsor selects their favourite set-up and offers a small prize.
• Treasure hunt: Members offer up a cryptic clue related to their set-up and other members work the arena to find the answers.
• Run-out: Local drive/convoy.
• Picnic: Those interested, meet to chat, eat, etc. (either on site or off).
• Best flag, etc.: A small committee vote for the best flag (or other swirly thing on a stick), for a small prize.
• Local press/media: Invite them at least to come and visit, talk to organisers/members.
• Favourite accessory: Either post pictures or the item itself in the marque. Owning members could then show to others interested.
• Cali recipes: Members drop off favourite recipes in a box for other to peruse. Upload to forum later.
• More vendors: Maybe invite some others (e.g. Wi-Fi or LED engineers). Saw there was lots of interest last weekend.
• Mini-meets: Prior to COTF, members from designated areas consider gathering at the event. Maybe to set-up future local meets, etc.
• Most useless/useful thing: Members nominate/show off items at their pitch. Promotes some dialogue.
That's enough! Hope this is useful and triggers some other thoughts (and or volunteers).

Thanks again.

-

Any volunteers for these activites?

Back