Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

Where is this Westfalia fans forum you speak off. Going full rain man swamper on the Sven. Just can’t help myself :help

How’s your German? Can use a translator if needed:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is this Westfalia fans forum you speak off. Going full rain man swamper on the Sven. Just can’t help myself :help
Interested to hear about a forum! The only groups I’ve come across are on FB and not much Joker content.

I’m sure that if your van purchased from wandahomes had issues you would want it looked at sorted before someone who bought elsewhere.
Fair point, but I think they should be functioning just like most car/van workshops on a first come first served basis. For example I may feel my Land Rover I bought from the local dealer should take priority over Land Rovers in the workshop that weren't, however in reality they all get serviced but usually in the order they were booked in.

I have to say this is the only issue that makes me slightly anxious about Westfalia ownership, it's a very long journey to the dealer for me so I really hope I don't have any habitation issues.

How’s your German? Can use a translator if needed:

Das ist nicht gut.
All I know are very bad swear words in German :D
But yep, translator is easy.
Thanks !

Fair point, but I think they should be functioning just like most car/van workshops on a first come first served basis. For example I may feel my Land Rover I bought from the local dealer should take priority over Land Rovers in the workshop that weren't, however in reality they all get serviced but usually in the order they were booked in.

I have to say this is the only issue that makes me slightly anxious about Westfalia ownership, it's a very long journey to the dealer for me so I really hope I don't have any habitation issues.
Where’d you live Barry ?
I’m West Mids, and right in the middle of Wandahomes and Campersales !
So buggered either way.
But it’s out of warranty anyway, so I’ll just have to use my engineering skills.
First on list is upgrade solar to two panels and Victron kit !

Where’d you live Barry ?
I’m West Mids, and right in the middle of Wandahomes and Campersales !
So buggered either way.
But it’s out of warranty anyway, so I’ll just have to use my engineering skills.
First on list is upgrade solar to two panels and Victron kit !
I'm in the West Midlands too near Telford, so like you a 3 hour yomp whichever dealer I use. I"m hoping any habitation issues I may have are just snagging.

I'm sadly not practical in the slightest bit, so I'd probably try a local speicalist if I have any problems out of warranty. Not sure if you watch the Campervan Time videos but I found it reassuring after several months they've had no habitation issues whatsoever!

I'm in the West Midlands too near Telford, so like you a 3 hour yomp whichever dealer I use. I"m hoping any habitation issues I may have are just snagging.

I'm sadly not practical in the slightest bit, so I'd probably try a local speicalist if I have any problems out of warranty. Not sure if you watch the Campervan Time videos but I found it reassuring after several months they've had no habitation issues whatsoever!
Pretty sure the Westfalia stuff is a cut above your standard converters.
I have watched some of their stuff.

Not sure if I should offer my Cali for sale and what interest I would have if I offered it for £64’500
I’d leave the add ons.
360w solar
Victron 100 / 20 MPPT
Victron DC -DC for trickle charging Starter battery.
Lazer lights - Triple R 750 wired into canbus.
Campervantastic sliding drawer
Full 907 campingaz bottle.
Spare wheel, carrier and spare safe.
Porta Potti 345 (sits in sliding tray.

Palmerstons 18”
4 remote keys.
Diff Lock
Wood effect floor.
Removable towbar.
Discover media Pro
High beam Auto

5 year igl coating.
Carpro 3.0 paint
CQuartz

Full PPF front end

Seriously I would keep it if you can these prices are low at the minute what a great spec that is and will always demand I good price, going forward the smaller van will become the best choice the uk is rammed with people and limited space,small and discrete is the way to go
I really want to stand up in the vehicle though, so it’s gota go !

Hooray! It looks like this thread has been re-opened for further threads, thank you moderators it's appreciated
:D

I intend to post pics of my new Sven when I hopefully pick it up next Monday!!!

I enjoy getting everyone’s views on their Cali’s or why they bought / sold for a different van and good luck to them. But this is a VW California forum - if I want to find out about Hymer, Westfalia, Adria, etc. I would look for the appropriate websites - so I can understand if at some point the mods just say that’s enough about a certain other model and pull a thread. It’s not personal. I enjoy looking at the Sven FB page (not great mind) as my sister has one.

I enjoy getting everyone’s views on their Cali’s or why they bought / sold for a different van and good luck to them. But this is a VW California forum - if I want to find out about Hymer, Westfalia, Adria, etc. I would look for the appropriate websites - so I can understand if at some point the mods just say that’s enough about a certain other model and pull a thread. It’s not personal. I enjoy looking at the Sven FB page (not great mind) as my sister has one.

You do realize this is a thread in the sub forum “sold up and still a Cali Lover” right? Many of the users posting here provide help and guidance in other forums and love Cali’s. There are also a lot of synergies (especially with the Club Joker which is based on the Transporter) to Cali’s. Unfortunately the majority of Westfalia forums are in other languages. And not all of us like FB. I left FB years ago and never intend to go back for privacy reasons.

I think the big frustration was due to a lack of communication from the mods as to the reason for pulling the thread.

You do realize this is a thread in the sub forum “sold up and still a Cali Lover” right? Many of the users posting here provide help and guidance in other forums and love Cali’s. There are also a lot of synergies (especially with the Club Joker which is based on the Transporter) to Cali’s. Unfortunately the majority of Westfalia forums are in other languages. And not all of us like FB. I left FB years ago and never intend to go back for privacy reasons.

I think the big frustration was due to a lack of communication from the mods as to the reason for pulling the thread.

Spot on!

With the heat wave coming next week to Switzerland I’ve been looking for a good window vent solution for my EcoFlow Wave 2 AC. Something that would allow both hoses to duct out a window but seal the gaps to prevent bugs and midges from coming in. Anyone find anything? Would apply to Cali’s too.

I agree entirely, I've just looked back on the few pages of latest threads and there are ones about driving in Spain, Ford Transit, Ridge Monkey to name but a few. None of these are directly linked to the VW Cali. But these are all sub threads if they're of no interest to you simply don't read them.

The more subjects and the broader the appeal of this forum the longer it's likely to survive as there will be more members and more advertisers. The motivation and advice of ex Cali owners who've transitioned to other vans was an invaluable resource in helping me decide on my next van.

I'd say each of the threads on this forum are only of interest to a minority of members, but for that minority they're really important. So for that I thank all the posters whatever the subject may be :)

I think we are very lucky the boss gave us a section as Aztec is right cali forum.
So keep up posts to help Cali owners :thumb

I think we are very lucky the boss gave us a section as Aztec is right cali forum.
So keep up posts to help Cali owners :thumb

Right, and now there’s a “New Ford Transit” thread in the sub forum specifically for Cali’s. Those of us that follow common sense and post in the correct sub forums should be welcomed. Imagine the knowledge drain if we all left. I’ll show myself the door and move on.

I enjoy reading about other vehicles and why people chose them. I find it interesting and you never know - if I fancy a change from the Cali I might have already found all the info I need right here.

Am waiting to see some photos and a review of @Barry Chuckle new Sven!

With the heat wave coming next week to Switzerland I’ve been looking for a good window vent solution for my EcoFlow Wave 2 AC. Something that would allow both hoses to duct out a window but seal the gaps to prevent bugs and midges from coming in. Anyone find anything? Would apply to Cali’s too.

This was a fantastic idea, didnt know it existed. We are usually spending the summer in Italy and I love the heat, daytime, not nighttime. I guess I have to make something myself for the hoses.
Do you have the one with battery?