Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

The leaking I show in the pic occurs when I open the taps in the boot that "empty the lines"
you don't need to open them unless doing a full winter draindown.

I would say you dumped the boiler water at a guess. Thats under the fridge.
Never drained mine down either in 4yrs

I would say you dumped the boiler water at a guess. Thats under the fridge.
Never drained mine down either in 4yrs
Maybe, albeit unlikely.
My reason for exploring the water situation was, as in my original post on this subject, the spontaneous discharge of water, emptying the fresh water tank, at the end of a several hours trip. That discharge occured behind the offside rear wheel, not through the outlets in front of that wheel.
I'm guessing that some "crud" had been obstructing a full seating of the valve which dislodged and caused the leak, since OK.
BUT I'm yet to be convinced that the discharge is designed to occur where it did and does. Or is it??

Maybe, albeit unlikely.
My reason for exploring the water situation was, as in my original post on this subject, the spontaneous discharge of water, emptying the fresh water tank, at the end of a several hours trip. That discharge occured behind the offside rear wheel, not through the outlets in front of that wheel.
I'm guessing that some "crud" had been obstructing a full seating of the valve which dislodged and caused the leak, since OK.
BUT I'm yet to be convinced that the discharge is designed to occur where it did and does. Or is it??
I’m sure the ones in the boot drain the heating/boiler for winter if not in use.
Campersales have a very short YouTube of how to winterise club joker.
Water boiler is 10l plus whatever is in the wet heating rad in bathroom.

I’m sure the ones in the boot drain the heating/boiler for winter if not in use.
Campersales have a very short YouTube of how to winterise club joker.
Water boiler is 10l plus whatever is in the wet heating rad in bathroom.
The taps connect to both sinks and the toilet as can be seen in these pics.
They must also connect to the source - the water tank but I cannot see this or indeed any other connection to the space heater for eg. But given that they must drain these when opened, why the separate larger drain switch? I can only think that the latter being larger is intended to rapidly drain
the main tank and the smaller ones in the boot are primarily to drain the pipes.

Pipes.jpg
pipes1.jpgpipes3.jpgpipes4.jpg

Water heater is behind the antifreeze reservoir, (behind rear seats) accessed by removing the tall metal panel (6 screws) at the back of the cupboard under the fridge; if you ever want to change water temp you can either take the panel off, or, stick your hand behind the antifreeze bottle and turn the knob.

Think the small metal box cover to access the central heating (but didn't take it off) . The cover on the floor of the cupboard gets access to the top of the black plastic water tank.

The taps connect to both sinks and the toilet as can be seen in these pics.
They must also connect to the source - the water tank but I cannot see this or indeed any other connection to the space heater for eg. But given that they must drain these when opened, why the separate larger drain switch? I can only think that the latter being larger is intended to rapidly drain
the main tank and the smaller ones in the boot are primarily to drain the pipes.

View attachment 125078
View attachment 125079View attachment 125080View attachment 125081
I thought that’s a different pipe to the cold sink/loo. I thought it’s hot water boiler dump, best to speak to westfalia :thumb

Sven Hedin due for collection on Monday, can't wait! A night with Wandahome then a night in York to test her out.

I'll try and share some pics and early thoughts.
What’s the news Barry C, pleased with it?!

What’s the news Barry C, pleased with it?!
I'm away in it now and overall really really pleased with it. Oh the joy of running hot water, in built shower & toilet and never having to stoop - particularly when it's really windy!!!! I'm also loving the abundance of storage space too and the build quality. The only negatives so far are the slightly plasticy interior over the Cali and the silly handbrake mechanism which I'm pretty sure will never win any design awards oh and a really poor handover experience from the dealers.

My interweb has been hit and miss so I plan to upload some pictures when I'm back. Can't be very long before you experience all the joys of a bigger van ownership yourself James?

I'm away in it now and overall really really pleased with it. Oh the joy of running hot water, in built shower & toilet and never having to stoop - particularly when it's really windy!!!! I'm also loving the abundance of storage space too and the build quality. The only negatives so far are the slightly plasticy interior over the Cali and the silly handbrake mechanism which I'm pretty sure will never win any design awards oh and a really poor handover experience from the dealers.

My interweb has been hit and miss so I plan to upload some pictures when I'm back. Can't be very long before you experience all the joys of a bigger van ownership yourself James?
Hi Barry why was the handover poor as we have ordered ours from the same dealer as you did.

Not much change there since my purchase 8 months ago. A great shame given that it's a very easy job to do well.
Which dealer did you use Glen wasn't Wandahome was it as that's where I have placed my order!

Hi Barry why was the handover poor as we have ordered ours from the same dealer as you did.
Basically the (Scottish) salesman who sold it us couldn't have been less interested if he'd tried when we arrived. The full tank of fuel and the tracker subscription I negotiated as part of the deal weren't included when we arrived, despite them showing on the invoice. I had to really kick off to get these in the end. The handover I was told to allow 2 hours for took all of 25 mins including my questions and was delegated to a chap who's job was to drive the tractor to pull the caravans around the site. Although he was very helpful and keen he wasn't particularly knowledgeable about the Sven which meant we had to keep going back to ask questions. And the kitchen tap had a serious leak so we had to wait another 4 hours for it to be sorted.

That said I'm really pleased with the Sven, it grows on me more and more the longer I spend in it. Also (although I'm biased!) it looks one of the coolest vans on any site it's on IMO :D

Which dealer did you use Glen wasn't Wandahome was it as that's where I have placed my order!
It was indeed Wandahome. It wasn't just the handover that was poor but subsequent problems took longer to resolve than I think they should.
At the handover, a pre-arranged time, we had to point out that some items were missing including blinds, seats, table and a second battery. The Wandahome rep seemed hurried and not at all embarrassed about his shortcomings.
A return visit to determine whether or not a second battery had been hidden other than where it should have been, under a seat, demanded a third visit as they had to order the batteries in.
A look at the inspection certificate showed a tick for CO and fire alarm, but neither were present.
And other bits and pieces too boring to mention.
I can only speak from my own experience but I got the distinct impression that their approach, their business plan, was to avoid speedy resolutions and hope the punter throws in the towel and stops bothering them - once the van has been paid for of course.
I've no doubt at all that if you are lucky enough to get a van that's problem-free from the outset, you will find Wandahome very good.

Basically the (Scottish) salesman who sold it us couldn't have been less interested if he'd tried when we arrived. The full tank of fuel and the tracker subscription I negotiated as part of the deal weren't included when we arrived, despite them showing on the invoice. I had to really kick off to get these in the end. The handover I was told to allow 2 hours for took all of 25 mins including my questions and was delegated to a chap who's job was to drive the tractor to pull the caravans around the site. Although he was very helpful and keen he wasn't particularly knowledgeable about the Sven which meant we had to keep going back to ask questions. And the kitchen tap had a serious leak so we had to wait another 4 hours for it to be sorted.

That said I'm really pleased with the Sven, it grows on me more and more the longer I spend in it. Also (although I'm biased!) it looks one of the coolest vans on any site it's on IMO :D
I can relate to all of this, took me 4 weeks to be able to collect my used Club Joker and it still hadn't had an internal clean. No point in having the outside all washed and wiped down for handover when inside was still dirty. Once you've signed on the dotted line, their interest in you stops.
That same salesman agreed to come in on his day off to do handover, he had no intention of doing as I found out he was in York celebrating his birthday. Why bullsh1t about it? Handover guy was new and didn't know much, i was telling him stuff. I think they just wing it, I'd think long and hard about putting a 5k deposit down with these guys. Westfalia should really show a lot more interest in UK dealers and support given their sales here.

I can relate to all of this, took me 4 weeks to be able to collect my used Club Joker and it still hadn't had an internal clean. No point in having the outside all washed and wiped down for handover when inside was still dirty. Once you've signed on the dotted line, their interest in you stops.
That same salesman agreed to come in on his day off to do handover, he had no intention of doing as I found out he was in York celebrating his birthday. Why bullsh1t about it? Handover guy was new and didn't know much, i was telling him stuff. I think they just wing it, I'd think long and hard about putting a 5k deposit down with these guys. Westfalia should really show a lot more interest in UK dealers and support given their sales here.
Already given the deposit back in January! So annoying to read stuff like this it just shouldn't be that way I feel nervous now!

I had a question about the awning which the handover guy couldn't answer. So he took me into the office and with me standing next to him asked said salesman the question. He just rolled his eyes at us both turned around to use his computer and said with his back turned 'speak to service'

The assistant could see the steam coming out of my ears! Shortly after I was handed a sheet asking for a review if I felt I've had a 5 star service. Didn't get one asking for a 1 star rinsing but that's what they'll be getting :confused:

Already given the deposit back in January! So annoying to read stuff like this it just shouldn't be that way I feel nervous now!
Really don't worry, just make it clear you''re expecting a thorough handover as you always leave online reviews which you like to be positive. That should focus their minds a little as clearly it's a focus of theirs presently.

And in any event the handover is only a short process in the overall ownership of a great van :)

Really don't worry, just make it clear you''re expecting a thorough handover as you always leave online reviews which you like to be positive. That should focus their minds a little as clearly it's a focus of theirs presently.

And in any event the handover is only a short process in the overall ownership of a great van :)
Agree, There's more knowledge on this forum with its' members if there are unanswered questions.

Shortly after I was handed a sheet asking for a review if I felt I've had a 5 star service. Didn't get one asking for a 1 star rinsing but that's what they'll be getting :confused:
I'm waiting to leave a Google review in case there are any issues under warranty.

Thanks Barry :) is the van good to drive and does it go well and does it feel big :)

It was indeed Wandahome. It wasn't just the handover that was poor but subsequent problems took longer to resolve than I think they should.
At the handover, a pre-arranged time, we had to point out that some items were missing including blinds, seats, table and a second battery. The Wandahome rep seemed hurried and not at all embarrassed about his shortcomings.
A return visit to determine whether or not a second battery had been hidden other than where it should have been, under a seat, demanded a third visit as they had to order the batteries in.
A look at the inspection certificate showed a tick for CO and fire alarm, but neither were present.
And other bits and pieces too boring to mention.
I can only speak from my own experience but I got the distinct impression that their approach, their business plan, was to avoid speedy resolutions and hope the punter throws in the towel and stops bothering them - once the van has been paid for of course.
I've no doubt at all that if you are lucky enough to get a van that's problem-free from the outset, you will find Wandahome very good.
I would say campersales are the complete opposite with aftersales/handover in my experience so may not be best to always go for distance or price.
As it does seem the westfalia factory is letting vans leave Germany with all sorts of issues, some very major!
My damaged underfloor water tank leaks in two places, problems with roof, saw cuts in plastic, not fitted correctly skylight (inside surround).
Hearing more and more dodgy vans from manufacturer!