Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty

G

Gerty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Has anyone who's recently purchased a California, which included the four year warranty (and two services), been able to extend it to five, or even six years?. Thanks

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Has anyone who's recently purchased a California, which included the four year warranty (and two services), been able to extend it to five, or even six years?. Thanks
Yes. You can only extend to a total of 5 years but you still pay £329 +Vat i.e. as though you were taking it from 3 years to 5. Madness, but still do it!

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Thanks. Dealer said it couldn't be done!!
Mine said that too although he suggested that I could do it as the end of the 4-year warranty approached?
Gerty, when did you pay for your 5th year? On order placement or on collection?

G

Gerty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Yep, same message I got, trouble is, it'll be a lot more expensive at the end of the four years. I'll give it another go.

OGII

OGII

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Mine said that too although he suggested that I could do it as the end of the 4-year warranty approached?
Gerty, when did you pay for your 5th year? On order placement or on collection?
You have a short window of time after collection, I don't remember the exact timescale but it isn't long. No more than 3 months or so. It takes VW forever to register it on their systems/to show up as having been paid so make sure you get a detailed receipt too.

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
It is very simple, your dealers are talking rubbish.

We had the current offer of a 4 year warranty. I paid £329+Vat to extend to 5 years. The dealer emailed me the paperwork whilst I was taking to him! It is so, so simple. Why are some dealers just useless?

It MUST be done within 3 months of first registration of the vehicle.

VW California Club