Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Extended Warranty

Hi there, please can you confirm which warranty you purchased for your vehicle. I am purchasing an ex-demo Ocean (Registered in June) and VW customer services sadi they could not add it on outside of the 90 days (As FCA regulated product).
Pretty sure he has got that wrong. The VW factory extended warranty is a 'product', not any form of insurance. Therefore not governed by the FCA. However VW will only register it upto 90 days after the vehicle registration. Aftermarket warranties are insurance products and therefore are governed by the FCA.

I have (bitter) experience of the 90 day rule. My dealer failed to register the warranty even though I paid for it. It took many months of wrangling with both the dealer and VW to get it resolved as everybody hid behind the 90 day rule. I did eventually get it resolved because I was able to provide evidence that I had purchased and paid for the warranty at the time I purchased the (brand new) Cali.

Thanks DM, They are slavish to the 90-day rule, despite the fact that the vehicles requesting additional cover are still well within the original factory warranty.

The warranty MUST be added within 90 days of registration otherwise it cannot be added after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you get an extension of VW Assistance with the Extended Warranty purchased within 90 days?

If not, you should get notification just before the 3 year normal Warranty period expires. £155 for 2 years. Exactly the same service etc:

£155 for 2 years. Exactly the same service etc:

it is worth knowing if you buy extended VW assist and then sale the van within the 2 year blocks they refund any full months cover you have left to run

Do you get an extension of VW Assistance with the Extended Warranty purchased within 90 days?

If not, you should get notification just before the 3 year normal Warranty period expires. £155 for 2 years. Exactly the same service etc:
Have you got this WG? Is it 2 years full european cover for £155?

I got the additional 2 years in the deal with my Cali, do you get any paperwork confirming this as todate I have not received anything.

I got the additional 2 years in the deal with my Cali, do you get any paperwork confirming this as todate I have not received anything.
I got the Handbook and a new card with a new membership card with the date of 1st December 2019.

The VW assist after year 3 as said by WG but as you have a T6 I guess you are asking do you get any extended warranty paper work the answer to that is no just the invoice.

No, nothing. Rang up & checked after some warranties weren't registered & dealer didn't have it on their system. All ok tho. They list it on a different system.

No, nothing. Rang up & checked after some warranties weren't registered & dealer didn't have it on their system. All ok tho. They list it on a different system.

It's on my invoice so guess nothing to worry about.

It's on my invoice so guess nothing to worry about.

you can check with a dealer it is on the VW system I was in my local dealer to book 1st service last week and as I bought from a different dealer I got them to check my service plan and extended waranty was on the systems which they were.

Just realised that I have been charged VAT on my extended warranty which may not be correct.
In the early pages of this thread people mention the cost plus VAT but later it seems the price is inclusive of VAT. So I have paid £329 +VAT for 2 (5) years 80,000 miles cover.
Thinking thats wrong now anyone paid just £329 recently?

Is there any official documentation maybe a brochure that lists the correct price as £329 inc VAT.

I'm asking as i've just noticed on mine its 329 excl VAT.

Thanks Loz...

So £329 excl VAT is correct.

So £329 excl VAT is correct.
Exactly - @Loz got there first, I was sent a copy of the same brochure yesterday.

Note that it says RRP - so some dealers may/could charge less as part of a deal for a customer - maybe 'absorbing' the VAT as a form of discount. Hence the variety of prices being mentioned here. My dealer (van dealer that is!) is not convinced that this, relatively new, warranty product should attract VAT and is seeking clarification from VAG in case it's a printing error and or a finance department error.

Anyone in here work in the VAT section of HRMC?

My dealer (van dealer that is!) is not convinced that this, relatively new, warranty product should attract VAT and is seeking clarification from VAG in case it's a printing error and or a finance department error.

Anyone in here work in the VAT section of HRMC?
I'll obviously be very interested yo hear how that goes.
In the mean time I have posed the question with VWCS who will be returning my call with the answer on Monday. So like wise I'll be sharing of course.

Thinking thats wrong now anyone paid just £329 recently?

I paid £329 total when I picked my van up, and got a call from the dealer the next day saying he'd forgotten that vat needed to be added and that I had to pay the vat. So I paid the extra over the phone because I still think it's worth it.

No idea what the official position is, but documents posted elsewhere in this tread would imply the official price is 329 excluding vat for the 2 extra years/80k product.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back