Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Little door

Excellent place to keep sun and rain umbrellas. Took the front of 8 years ago and it’s stayed on a shelf in the garage!

I just noticed next to the rear bench drawer, nearest the fridge, a little fold out flap the same height as the drawer.

It seems to be hinged at the bottom and opens about an inch or so out at the top. It seems purposeful.

Does anyone have any idea what this is for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great hiding place for items the other half does not need to know about.

After 2 years we decided fitting the small (expensive) draw would make better use of the space for us. We tend to pull the rear seat forward when travelling to a holiday location so plenty of room to stow long items. Once on site the rear seat goes back to the point the rear head restraints are just short of the overhead locker. The long items stowed, if any, then live out side the van. Not that difficult to remove the small draw if fitted should you want to occasionally carry fishing rods or ski poles with the seats pushed back.

We originally used to place umbrellas in this space, but have now found that a 5L bottle of drinking water fits here nicely and does not roll around the cabin.

We removed the cover almost immediately we got the van. Just seemed a useless bit of plastic, and never understood the hinge feature.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness. In 6 years of ownership we had no idea this part came off so easily. I wonder if our friends in French Customs know. It seems a perfect place to “Store” milk ham and cheese...

Back