Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Mats

Must admit Im getting quite excited now after reading all your comments about what I will get ..... maybe a check or even a stripe? Wilton? John are you still waiting? Malc

malc said:
Must admit Im getting quite excited now after reading all your comments about what I will get ..... maybe a check or even a stripe? Wilton? John are you still waiting? Malc

Lol .... You never know your luck Malc .. You could be a winner and get better ones or loser like me and have to settle for basic .. Maybe I should have ordered and paid for basic mats and not been flash and gone for top drawer mats .. Lol

Everyone that has just ordered mats from QTMDIRECT I'm just informing you that after all this trouble that the prestige mats will now come with a stiffer and less slip resistant backing on them ... I'm not sure if the makers are giving it billy or this is true ,but it would be good to see photos of other Cali's mats to compare .... The backing on the carpet splits when folded which they do when posting and stood up on there own and after a week still not really flat ..Lol ... It looks as if the slightly cheaper ones are the better standard of carpet now ,so it will be good to see ...

Be aware the new style prestige mats are nowhere near the quality of my Vw caddy mats .. Unless the mid-grey are only effected ..?

I'm quite easily pleased , but not this time when your told they are similar to Vw ( in shape maybe ) lol

choplee good news the camera is fixed :clap

Here are pictures of our premium carpets. I would agree that the backing is quite stiff but it also seems to have good anti slip properties too. It has no heel mat either.

SNV32214.jpg

SNV32213.jpg

Is that the backing in that photo of your mats marky ?

Least your mats will grip to the plastic floor in the back of the Cali ... The backing on mine is good ,but designed to grip to carpet and thus will not grip to a hard material like itself. ...:-(

Had reply and i think it's a club meet topic ... Lol lol

If you don't have faulty mats then you'll be fine .... Lol

I received my mats this am at 7.30am [ Yesterday Chris rang and said they would arr today] mats are great, no folds to iron out, fit perfect and great quality in my opinion and value for money. The backing is black and plasticky and grips carpet well. There is no heel thingy, just plain carpet of i would say pretty good quality. I ordered Light grey and the only thing that i could improve would be the shade of grey. Maybe there is some way to get colour samples ..but i will leave that to the experts. i like the fact that the carpet is in one piece and covers the M6 in between the front seats. So i can happily spill coffee, martinis, without a care in the world. There was a post about the carpets are so good he covered them over to save the mats. I'm not there yet.

I feel that the thickness will not slide over the middle track ...I dont use 5th seat. So i will see if Chris is making a carpet with cut out for 3 rails. Hope this helps Lee .... malc

PS when i order the middle mat i think the rubbery base would give better grip than the one i have.

malc said:
PS when i order the middle mat i think the rubbery base would give better grip than the one i have.

I'm glad you got your mats malc ... The backing sounds like what I have for my whole set of mats ... When you order the rear mats you have to tell them that you want the latex rubber style backing ,as that backing you have will not grip the floor very well at all ... Also I agree with the colours mine are mid grey and look the same as carbon grey pushing on black ...
I should finally have a correct set being made and sent thus week to replace my faulty mats with that hard backing and cracks all down them ..I'll keep you posted ...:)

Just spoke to Chris and he has not done the 3 track carpets yet BUT he says that someone has taken a wheel out or something under the drawer and enables a 2 track carpet to be fitted in a 3 track vehicle. Looked on threads but cant find such a report .... anybody remember ??
he also says that the latex backed is the better carpet and is better for the centre and rear sections which go on plastic floor of VW ....

Personal I can't see how a 2track carpet would work in a 3 track van.
I can always be wrong.
There would not be enough clearance as the middle rail would push the carpet up and foul the sliding bed.

Hey all,
I hadn't realisd there was a whole new topic regarding the mats.

To clear a few things up...

Choplee is now receiving a full brand new set which has the latex backing on. Should be arriving tomorrow (Thur 14th). I can only deeply apologise for all the hassle he's had trying to get to the bottom of what he actually got. The granulated, stiffer backing should not have really been used. It's good for in the front as that piece goes on a carpet floor and it helps stick it in place, but the rubber/latex backing carpet should (and will be) used for the two rear areas.
The factory making them couldn't actually tell me what carpet was originally sent so they had no idea. This was why it took so long, as i really wanted to find out what had been sent.

The mid grey carpet is quite a dark grey to be honest. But the carbon grey carpet is darker than the mid grey.

The 3 rail version is being worked upon so should be available soon. I will email the chap who is creating it to try and shimmy him along, as i have a few customers waiting for this.

Turn-around time has also been improved.
Normally it was about a week for a full set, but recently it has only been 2-3 days max. Mainly due to another machinest being taken on to help speed up the most time consuming part of making mats.

The VW Kombi set is also now done. I have the pictures to upload to the website, but i don't know which is which at the moment so i am just waiting for clarification before making the advert live. There's a 2 & 3 front seat version, for both SWB & LWB models.

We are hoping to eventually get around to doing the Beach model too. I don't have any profiles for it yet and don't really have any kind of eta on it yet.

Cali mats over-view...
Just wanted to add a little bit of info regarding the california sets.
We bought an original full set from VW and then had a California on loan to try them in originally as we had heard they weren't a "great fit", which they were ok, but we wanted to make them fit better.
An original VW front row is a 2 piece set. Ours covers the centre and is a 1 piece to help protect that centre piece which is used.
The living room area was ok, but our set was tweaked to fit better.
The boot mat was short on the original VW set. This meant that when the seats were in the forward position, there was a gap in the carpet from the living space into the boot space. Our boot mat is longer than the VW set so that it butts up to the living room space carpet, helping to protect as much carpet as possible.
The factory had the vehicle on load for 3 days, tweaking the profile so that we were 100% satisfied with it.

If there are any questions, please just pop me a private message or email me. I will do my up-most to answer as quickly as i can.

Thankyou QTMDirect for posting on this topic and clearing some things up .I look forward to my new mats chris and the mid grey is a good colour and would recommend it :)

I can't believe that ordering a set of mats could be so involved & exiting :barmy . Our QTM mats arrived today, in just 2 days from placing the order and they look great (Mid grey / premium) and including VIP discount. Thanks for all the previous posts which guided our choice.
If floor mats get the heart racing, what will be like next Thursday when we actually take delivery of our brand new Cali to put them in? !!! :crazy

mike&agnes said:
I can't believe that ordering a set of mats could be so involved & exiting :barmy . Our QTM mats arrived today, in just 2 days from placing the order and they look great (Mid grey / premium) and including VIP discount. Thanks for all the previous posts which guided our choice.
If floor mats get the heart racing, what will be like next Thursday when we actually take delivery of our brand new Cali to put them in? !!! :crazy

i got my mid-grey prestige today and are just right as well and looking forward to fitting them.
Picked up my new cali about 1hr ago......it's a great feeling and it will be a long week for you guys .but it will be worth it :thumb :thumb

Great timing and the replacement mats are far better than the other ones I got with the hard backing .

Just had a set of the prestige carpets delivered and all have the same hard granulated backing. From reading above i was expecting only the front mat to be like this and the two rear ones to have a softer backing. Could anyone confirm if ive got the wrong backing.

Jim

murray0710 said:
Just had a set of the prestige carpets delivered and all have the same hard granulated backing. From reading above i was expecting only the front mat to be like this and the two rear ones to have a softer backing. Could anyone confirm if ive got the wrong backing.

Jim

if they are very stiff and backing hard rough sandpaper then look at my photo in this thread. If they are the same then get onto chris ,as he said that he was going to tell the manufacture to not use that type of carpet when making them for california's ....they will slip on the plastic floor in the back and having both the quality of the carpet isn't quite as good even though they say its the same quality just with a different backing... They will not flatten out as easy either..
e-mail me a photo or 2 and i'll look for you fella.
choplee@btinternet.com

That's exactly how they are. Ive emailed some pictures to Chris at his request and should hopefully get it sorted. Just a bit of a pain.

Back