Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ready to buy

P

PAL299

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all looking for advice. Ready to order a Ocean in Indian Grey 150 with wood floors shower mud flaps all weather tyres and larger fuel tank. Got a quote from drive the deal. Am i missing any essential options. Discount though DTD is £8.9K does that look right?

Hi all looking for advice. Ready to order a Ocean in Indian Grey 150 with wood floors shower mud flaps all weather tyres and larger fuel tank. Got a quote from drive the deal. Am i missing any essential options. Discount though DTD is £8.9K does that look right?
Discount sounds around what I and others have managed. You could try Breeze Poole for a comparison particularly if you are not too far away (though most buyers need to travel for the discount).

Options are pretty personal. Only thing I can say is take you time and consider them all carefully (after the order is placed you have a little time to add/remove), and read up on this site (with VIP membership you get the search and resource facility plus you have the resources and checklists). I would not be without most of the other options including (from memory) a tow bar (mainly for a bike rack), the second drawer and net, hill start and descent, the larger screen, 4 keyfobs (see surf key modifications), acoustic package, all season tyres and spare alloy, DCC, high beam control, and traffic sign recognition & lane assist. But they all add up and others will disagree.

the 4motion has been discontinued but is now available again in Switzerland, if it did become available again in the UK it is the icing on the cake - though again others will disagree.

I would add towbar prep at a minimum or if you think you might carry bikes, tow a trailer etc get the full removable towbar.
10-14% discount seems reasonable although with the 5/5/5 special, 10% is probably more attainable.
I would also go with a dealer who has a good reputation handling the leaking poptop bellows rather than go with the cheapest quote. Make sure they acknowledge there is a problem and what they will do if your's suffers the same fate as most of us MY23 owners have experienced.
Good luck with the order.

Talk to Tom, Jamie or Justin at breeze Poole ,sure they will match dtd or even beat them also they will definitely look after you

a tow bar (mainly for a bike rack), the second drawer and net,
I second these. Second drawer and net more useful than I imagined. Towbar for carrying bikes and access to the boot.

I second these. Second drawer and net more useful than I imagined. Towbar for carrying bikes and access to the boot.
I thought I had made a mistake not getting the 2nd drawer but its the perfect gap for storing the wheel ramps. Zero regrets not speccing the drawer.

It’s so individual- we have the second drawer and I find it annoying not to be able to slide longer stuff in the gap - I might remove it at some point. The net is a pain when closing the roof cover, my kids like to put phones in there when they sleep up top but we always sleep downstairs so will be removing it when they’re not with us - wish I hadn’t bothered with this option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each to their own, I like the extra draw, but removed the net as got in the way.

I went with wood effect flooring then put a carpet over it!

Would consider the tow bar.

Funny isn't it - and a case in point that we and our California use is so varied and individual.

I find the net great when folding the collapsed roof: holding it in neatly in place whilst I slide the cover, plus I like it when 'upstairs' for stuff when sleeping there. As to getting in the way, I have worked out a method of rolling it up and out of the way when it otherwise would be.

I can't imagine why anyone would want carpet in the back, but on this, from photos, it is clear that I am in a minority.

Hi all looking for advice. Ready to order an Ocean in Indian Grey 150 with wood floors shower mud flaps all weather tyres and larger fuel tank. Got a quote from drive the deal. Am i missing any essential options. Discount though DTD is £8.9K does that look right?
Hi, are you ordering yours from DTD? Not sure how it all works? I have had a quote too from DTD offering 10% discount. I also went to my local VW Van Centre for a quote mentioning the DTD quote, he rolled his eyes & said it’s not what it seems and he would be very surprised and didn’t think the discount would materialise. He said other than the finance deal of 1k of options and the 5/5/5 warranty deal there was nothing else he could offer! I was a bit deflated to say the least!

Before you commit to new read the leaking roof canvas thread effecting 2023 vans. Youd be safer buying used 2018-2022.

Hi, are you ordering yours from DTD? Not sure how it all works? I have had a quote too from DTD offering 10% discount. I also went to my local VW Van Centre for a quote mentioning the DTD quote, he rolled his eyes & said it’s not what it seems and he would be very surprised and didn’t think the discount would materialise. He said other than the finance deal of 1k of options and the 5/5/5 warranty deal there was nothing else he could offer! I was a bit deflated to say the least!
Try Eurovans Crawley (Mike Harbison) and Breeze Poole (Tom Davidson) rather perhaps than DTD?

Don't believe a word of it, I got the same response from VW Van Centre in Birmingham. You can go on Autotrader and there's several brand new Cali's on there with discounts (albeit smaller than DTD)

Dealers know full well that there are discounts of c 10% to be had but the comment you heard is a typical resignation that they cannot match it and they are hoping you'll say "ok I'll pay full price"
I know the car dealer motor trade inside out and it's not changed in the past 20 years I've worked with it. Normally they get a variable dealer profit margin between 15% - 30% depending on model and where it is in the production cycle. Most choose to sell less units and retain as much of the margin that the customer is prepared to pay close to list. Others, usually fleet departments of dealerships sell on mass with a much lower margin but make the money back in manufacturer bonuses.

Provided you haven't put in your personal details you can contact Eurovans in Crawley who DTD use directly, but if you have entered them into DTD Eurovans can't deal directly contractually as the dealership have to pay DTD an introduction fee.

Just be aware that the DTD discount includes any current vw offers. ie if vw are offering £1k deposit contribution and £1,500 of free options the DtD discount is actually £6,400 + the £1k + £1500 = £8.9k

thanks for the reply's. Have thought about getting tow bar but unlikely it will ever be used. Thanks Andy didn't think of it like that. Did think about the 204 but again due to not towing think its over kill and I am close to my max budget. Thanks for the tip re leaking roof will have a search on here and google

Don't believe a word of it, I got the same response from VW Van Centre in Birmingham. You can go on Autotrader and there's several brand new Cali's on there with discounts (albeit smaller than DTD)

Dealers know full well that there are discounts of c 10% to be had but the comment you heard is a typical resignation that they cannot match it and they are hoping you'll say "ok I'll pay full price"
I know the car dealer motor trade inside out and it's not changed in the past 20 years I've worked with it. Normally they get a variable dealer profit margin between 15% - 30% depending on model and where it is in the production cycle. Most choose to sell less units and retain as much of the margin that the customer is prepared to pay close to list. Others, usually fleet departments of dealerships sell on mass with a much lower margin but make the money back in manufacturer bonuses.

Provided you haven't put in your personal details you can contact Eurovans in Crawley who DTD use directly, but if you have entered them into DTD Eurovans can't deal directly contractually as the dealership have to pay DTD an introduction fee.
Trouble is I had to put my details in to DTD to generate the quote?

Trouble is I had to put my details in to DTD to generate the quote?
Not a major problem. just buy it through DTD with the price you were quoted, but you won't be able to negotiate it down further with the dealer.

Hi all looking for advice. Ready to order an Ocean in Indian Grey 150 with wood floors shower mud flaps all weather tyres and larger fuel tank. Got a quote from drive the deal. Am i missing any essential options. Discount though DTD is £8.9K does that look right?
Sounds right, just got the same discount

So, I would just like to thank all you lovely people for all the wealth of information available on this forum, pointing me in the right direction, getting the best discounts , finance and option discussions, it has been so valuable!
So as a 65 year old female, wanting a camper forever, it was a case of, it’s now or never!
Today I have signed the deal with Breeze Poole who I have to say have been brilliant for a 3 seater VW Beach in Ascot Grey with a fair few options which I felt suited me: Parking Heater etc, roof bellows, Front & Rear Parking Sensors & Rear view camera, comfort mattress, Art Velours, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, 4 Keys & Wing Mirror Option.
Hopefully will be on a 24 plate, March Delivery.
Soooo excited!

So, I would just like to thank all you lovely people for all the wealth of information available on this forum, pointing me in the right direction, getting the best discounts , finance and option discussions, it has been so valuable!
So as a 65 year old female, wanting a camper forever, it was a case of, it’s now or never!
Today I have signed the deal with Breeze Poole who I have to say have been brilliant for a 3 seater VW Beach in Ascot Grey with a fair few options which I felt suited me: Parking Heater etc, roof bellows, Front & Rear Parking Sensors & Rear view camera, comfort mattress, Art Velours, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, 4 Keys & Wing Mirror Option.
Hopefully will be on a 24 plate, March Delivery.
Soooo excited!
Hi how much deposit did you put down?

I would certainly give Tom at Breeze Poole a call you’ve got nothing to lose and in my experience have proved to be very helpful and competitive in price. Good luck.

quote mentioning the DTD quote, he rolled his eyes & said it’s not what it seems and he would be very surprised and didn’t think the discount would materialise.
I wonder what he means. Mine materialised and with some man maths…my £8k of options were ‘free’

The tow bar is great if you want to carry bikes, swap the metallic for Ascot to pay for it

Back