Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extending Warrantee to 5 years

So, extending from 4-year to 5-year warranty:-
It is £30 + VAT for the 80,000 mile limit and £350 + VAT for the 150,000 limit. Beggars believe that there’s so much conflicting advice from dealers.
So, extending from 4-year to 5-year warranty:-
It is £30 + VAT for the 80,000 mile limit and £350 + VAT for the 150,000 limit. Beggars believe that there’s so much conflicting advice from dealers.
I contact my dealer based on comments in this group. I also spoke to VW Chat. They both confirmed the above is true.
I had the 4.9% deal which included a 4 year 120,000 warranty. I am now extending it to 5 years with 80,000 mile limit for £30. Bargin!

So had an email from the dealer today saying that the 5th year for £30 was incorrect and customers had been undercharged.
It should have been £330 + vat so well done to those who got the cheap year.
Get on to VW chat. They will confirm the proper price and can even contact your dealer to correct them. That’s what I did.

Well done Toeknee that is good news, usual ploy of dealers spinning the rules to benefit themselves.

I contact my dealer based on comments in this group. I also spoke to VW Chat. They both confirmed the above is true.
I had the 4.9% deal which included a 4 year 120,000 warranty. I am now extending it to 5 years with 80,000 mile limit for £30. Bargin!
Excellent. For a minute I thought I was going mad and that maybe I had got it wrong. Yes it is a bargain so thank you VW.

Just asked my dealer, he has seen this conversation on the forum, the policy he was told is to charge full for topping up after the 4 year deal, he is confirming the way forward with VW for me. I did ask on chat this morning and was referred to my dealer.

Just asked my dealer, he has seen this conversation on the forum, the policy he was told is to charge full for topping up after the 4 year deal, he is confirming the way forward with VW for me. I did ask on chat this morning and was referred to my dealer.

Same here.
VW Chat phoned my dealer this morning and confirmed the £30 top up is no longer an option for me :(
Seems very inconsistant

Last edited:
Same here.
VW Chat phoned my dealer this morning and confirmed the £30 top up is no longer an option for me :(
Seems very inconsistant
That is strange. I literally got the confirmation through this morning confirming the £30 top up. Spoke to someone called Luke at VW Chat yesterday who then spoke to Victor at Eurovans Crawley. He then called me this morning to take the 30 payment. He also forwarded to me the communication with VWCV Service and Parts that included the line 'another one for the 5th year warranty' - so i think he's been busy processing them this week.

That is strange. I literally got the confirmation through this morning confirming the £30 top up. Spoke to someone called Luke at VW Chat yesterday who then spoke to Victor at Eurovans Crawley. He then called me this morning to take the 30 payment. He also forwarded to me the communication with VWCV Service and Parts that included the line 'another one for the 5th year warranty' - so i think he's been busy processing them this week.

It was Rob on VW chat this morning and he was really helpful but the dealers having none of it :confused:
He did try VWFS for me because they do the warranty package but couldn't get through to them.

Does anybody have an email address for VWFS?

@Zooks Just woke from my Grandad nap, my dealer has emailed to say the £30 upgrade has been confirmed by VW, so I have added to my deal, hope that helps.

@Zooks Just woke from my Grandad nap, my dealer has emailed to say the £30 upgrade has been confirmed by VW, so I have added to my deal, hope that helps.

Thanks Wogga. Maybe my dealer just doesn't like me :(

I’d be back in and insist he contacts VW either you get onto VW and tell them one of their franchises is being misleading and not co-operating with a reasonable request.

it seems to be that VWUK don’t distribute information well or the franchises ignore it. Looking at California Chris videos this forum and it’s members seem to get info through various networks before the dealerships do.

Can I ask where your getting yours from Wogga. I’m getting mine from Guy at Preston but hes said that he doesn’t think the £30 option is available. Will try to get hold of Rob on chat tomorrow

My dealer also denied any knowledge of the £30 for extending from 4 to 5 year warranty with the 80,000 limit.
However, it seems VW have now gone back to a 3 year warranty. And the same earlier terms of £329ish to extend to 5 years.
So, that maybe where some confusion is coming in...

Can I ask where your getting yours from Wogga. I’m getting mine from Guy at Preston but hes said that he doesn’t think the £30 option is available. Will try to get hold of Rob on chat tomorrow
Guy in Preston, when the 4 year offer was on he checked what the policy was for year 5 and was told it's the full amount. I emailed him yesterday re the £30, he has been following this post and I referenced it in my email. He said he would contact VW, he checked yesterday afternoon with VW and they have agreed the £30 He is a genuine bloke so I am sure he will honour it for you Tracey, like he said he has been charging full because that it what the policy was! Looking on here at other dealership relations, the comms from VW don't seem to be distributed to the coal face.

Guy in Preston, when the 4 year offer was on he checked what the policy was for year 5 and was told it's the full amount. I emailed him yesterday re the £30, he has been following this post and I referenced it in my email. He said he would contact VW, he checked yesterday afternoon with VW and they have agreed the £30 He is a genuine bloke so I am sure he will honour it for you Tracey, like he said he has been charging full because that it what the policy was! Looking on here at other dealership relations, the comms from VW don't seem to be distributed to the coal face.
Morning, thats great news. Guy’s been great throughout the whole process and I’m sure I will be getting an email this morning then :)

It was Rob on VW chat this morning and he was really helpful but the dealers having none of it :confused:
He did try VWFS for me because they do the warranty package but couldn't get through to them.

Does anybody have an email address for VWFS?
The email address is:-
myvwcvfinance.begs.co.uk
I think your dealer needs to do his homework!

I’ve now had written confirmation from Victor at Eurovans of my 5th year extension:-

Good morning Mike
Please find attached the invoice for the 5th year/150,000 miles warranty, which you paid for by bank transfer.
It is now with VW for processing, which can take them a while, however I assure you the 4 year care plan and 5th year warranty are in place.
Cheers.
Victor

The email address is:-
myvwcvfinance.begs.co.uk
I think your dealer needs to do his homework!

I’ve now had written confirmation from Victor at Eurovans of my 5th year extension:-

Good morning Mike
Please find attached the invoice for the 5th year/150,000 miles warranty, which you paid for by bank transfer.
It is now with VW for processing, which can take them a while, however I assure you the 4 year care plan and 5th year warranty are in place.
Cheers.
Victor
Yup. I got the same from Victor. Big plus for Eurovans Crawley who know what’s going on.

The extended warranties aren’t set up through VWFS they are set up by your dealer in the showroom while you are there. I have been asked this by customers of Breeze and not customers of Breeze. I have had this confirmed to me by Volkswagen Brand Support that this offer doesn’t exist.
As for the dealers not being clued up on this i got asked my numerous customers on here and been told the same answer by Volkswagen Brand Support.

The extended warranties aren’t set up through VWFS they are set up by your dealer in the showroom while you are there. I have been asked this by customers of Breeze and not customers of Breeze. I have had this confirmed to me by Volkswagen Brand Support that this offer doesn’t exist.
As for the dealers not being clued up on this i got asked my numerous customers on here and been told the same answer by Volkswagen Brand Support.

Tom thank you for the clarification.
I take it you are implying that some dealers have taken it on to themselves to provide this as an extra service for their customers and its not officially supported by VW?

Just to be clear who is responsible for the 4 year warranty as part of the 4 year care pack, VWFS or the suppling dealer?

Last edited:
This raises three questions for me .
1. Ok why are VW Chat allegedly confirming this fifth year deal?
2. If it is down to the dealer it is obviously wrong then for a dealer to insist on £320+ to extend 3yrs to 5 years, and for those who took advantage of the 4 year warranty offer to be then be required to pay £320+ for the single additional year as seems the consensus on here? I would of happily paid £160ish for another year.
3. Pricing of extended warranty is promoted by VW Commercial and provided through 3rd party insurance. see below, so have the dealers negotiated the £30 fifth year with Lawshield UK?

"If your existing warranty is about to expire, or if you haven’t already got a warranty in place, we offer an Extended Warranty with a range of cover options to ensure your peace of mind. You can purchase an Extended Warranty from as little as £232* per year. To find out how this could benefit you, click here.

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services is a trading name of Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Extended Warranty is sold and administered by Lawshield UK and underwritten by Volkswagen Versicherung AG. Terms, conditions, and eligibility criteria apply."

2. If it is down to the dealer it is obviously wrong then for a dealer to insist on £320+ to extend 3yrs to 5 years, and for those who took advantage of the 4 year warranty offer to be then be required to pay £320+ for the single additional year as seems the consensus on here? I would of happily paid £160ish for another year.
3. Pricing of extended warranty is promoted by VW Commercial and provided through 3rd party insurance. see below, so have the dealers negotiated the £30 fifth year with Lawshield UK?

"If your existing warranty is about to expire, or if you haven’t already got a warranty in place, we offer an Extended Warranty with a range of cover options to ensure your peace of mind. You can purchase an Extended Warranty from as little as £232* per year. To find out how this could benefit you, click here.

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services is a trading name of Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Extended Warranty is sold and administered by Lawshield UK and underwritten by Volkswagen Versicherung AG. Terms, conditions, and eligibility criteria apply."
A big difference between that Insurance based Warranty, which has a lot of exclusions and financial limitations on repair costs and the Factory Warranty that you can purchase within 3 months of Registration of the vehicle which only has a Milage limit but covers everything as the original 3 yr Warranty.
I think there is a lot of confusion regarding this warranty extension as to which one buyers and Dealers are referring to.

Okay now I might see where this confusion is now.
The Warranty that you set up within three months of registration is an extension of the factory warranty therefore extending the roadside assistance in with that.
The link on here is for when your vehicle comes out of manufacturers warranty and you want to buy an extended warranty. That then means it isn’t the same level of cover as it’s not a factory warranty.
I’m not saying I’m 100% right on this but as mentioned previously Volkswagen financial services don’t administer the factory warranty but they do with the lawshield one.

Okay now I might see where this confusion is now.
The Warranty that you set up within three months of registration is an extension of the factory warranty therefore extending the roadside assistance in with that.
The link on here is for when your vehicle comes out of manufacturers warranty and you want to buy an extended warranty. That then means it isn’t the same level of cover as it’s not a factory warranty.
I’m not saying I’m 100% right on this but as mentioned previously Volkswagen financial services don’t administer the factory warranty but they do with the lawshield one.

Ah that makes more sense if we are only talking about a 3rd party warranty add on.
Its still probably cheaper than arranging a years cover yourself but its not an all signing and dancing VW warranty so not the same thing.

Back