Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extending Warrantee to 5 years

Tom thank you for the clarification.
I take it you are implying that some dealers have taken it on to themselves to provide this as an extra service for their customers and its not officially supported by VW?

Just to be clear who is responsible for the 4 year warranty as part of the 4 year care pack, VWFS or the suppling dealer?
As per my last message from my dealer, he arranged it and says VWFS are providing it.

As per my last message from my dealer, he arranged it and says VWFS are providing it.

Thanks GG. It now looks like VWFS arrange a policy with Lawshield.
I would now be interested to know whats covered in the 'free' 4th year.
As Welshgas and Tom said theres a difference in VW factory warranty and 3rd party products so I think the question now is what is actually covered by Lawshield?

Okay now I might see where this confusion is now.
The Warranty that you set up within three months of registration is an extension of the factory warranty therefore extending the roadside assistance in with that.
The link on here is for when your vehicle comes out of manufacturers warranty and you want to buy an extended warranty. That then means it isn’t the same level of cover as it’s not a factory warranty.
I’m not saying I’m 100% right on this but as mentioned previously Volkswagen financial services don’t administer the factory warranty but they do with the lawshield one.

Tom I think you are wrong about factory warranty after 3yrs including breakdown cover. Ive had to pay for my cover after year 3 even though I have the 5yr warranty. My advice to all is check it out yourselves . Because from everyone at VWCS and dealers all have a different take on warranties etc as all on here have found .

Tom I think you are wrong about factory warranty after 3yrs including breakdown cover. Ive had to pay for my cover after year 3 even though I have the 5yr warranty. My advice to all is check it out yourselves . Because from everyone at VWCS and dealers all have a different take on warranties etc as all on here have found .
The Roadside assistance is part of the warranty so they come combined so when you have an extended Volkswagen warranty it gets roadside assistance for the extension.
If on the forecourt I sell a used vehicle I put a used Volkswagen warranty and it comes with roadside assistance so the only thing I can say unless your extended warranty isn’t set up properly?

This is on the VW van website:
We offer two types of warranty: a Factory Extended Warranty that’s available within three months of your initial purchase, and an Extended Warranty that you can purchase anytime from 30 days before your existing warranty is due to expire or, if you do not have a warranty in place.

So my take on all this (after also asking for confirmation from my dealer) is this:

Those who ordered prior to the end of August were able to take advantage of an extended warranty offer which is now no longer available

All new Transporter-based vehicles come with 3 years Factory warranty up to a maximum of 100,000 miles - this mileage can be extended at a cost of £299 to become an unlimited 3-year mileage warranty.

Up to two additional years can be bought as long as mileage is kept below 150,000. The various options are in the table below.

I am intending to go for the 80,000 mile, two year extension. As some have said previously, £160+VAT a year for added peace of mind on what is a pretty complicated vehicle seems good value to me.

If i'm wide of the mark or incorrect then please let me know before I part with my cash!!

image006.png

Factory Extended Warranty
Every new Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle comes with a three-year warranty that insures you against unexpected repairs.

In your third year of cover, the warranty only applies if your vehicle’s mileage is below 100,000 miles.

You can extend this warranty to include unlimited mileage so the third year is always covered.

It’s also possible to extend the warranty for an additional one or two years or up to 150,000 miles (whichever comes first) once the three years are up. There are flexible options to suit you, so take your pick from 80,000, 120,000 and 150,000 mile limits. All options come with the following benefits:

• There’s no limit to the number of claims you can make

• You don’t have to pay an excess, and you don’t have to pay upfront and reclaim the costs

• If you sell the vehicle the warranty passes to the next owner, helping to increase your resale value

• All repairs are carried out by our authorised Van Centre network using only genuine parts

So my take on all this (after also asking for confirmation from my dealer) is this:

Those who ordered prior to the end of August were able to take advantage of an extended warranty offer which is now no longer available

All new Transporter-based vehicles come with 3 years Factory warranty up to a maximum of 100,000 miles - this mileage can be extended at a cost of £299 to become an unlimited 3-year mileage warranty.

Up to two additional years can be bought as long as mileage is kept below 150,000. The various options are in the table below.

I am intending to go for the 80,000 mile, two year extension. As some have said previously, £160+VAT a year for added peace of mind on what is a pretty complicated vehicle seems good value to me.

If i'm wide of the mark or incorrect then please let me know before I part with my cash!!

View attachment 69313

Factory Extended Warranty
Every new Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle comes with a three-year warranty that insures you against unexpected repairs.

In your third year of cover, the warranty only applies if your vehicle’s mileage is below 100,000 miles.

You can extend this warranty to include unlimited mileage so the third year is always covered.

It’s also possible to extend the warranty for an additional one or two years or up to 150,000 miles (whichever comes first) once the three years are up. There are flexible options to suit you, so take your pick from 80,000, 120,000 and 150,000 mile limits. All options come with the following benefits:

• There’s no limit to the number of claims you can make

• You don’t have to pay an excess, and you don’t have to pay upfront and reclaim the costs

• If you sell the vehicle the warranty passes to the next owner, helping to increase your resale value

• All repairs are carried out by our authorised Van Centre network using only genuine parts
So why are we being offered 2 years extended warranty/80,000 miles for £30? Is this not ‘Factory’?

So why are we being offered 2 years extended warranty/80,000 miles for £30? Is this not ‘Factory’?
Earlier in the year the standard factory warranty period was 4 years (It was 3 before and back to 3 again on orders placed now). The £30, I believe was to extend it for 1 year without increase in mileage. The higher amount was for higher mileage for the extra year.
Now we’re back to paying for 2 extra years factory extended warranty, to make it 5 years in total.

Earlier in the year the standard factory warranty period was 4 years (It was 3 before and back to 3 again on orders placed now). The £30, I believe was to extend it for 1 year without increase in mileage. The higher amount was for higher mileage for the extra year.
Now we’re back to paying for 2 extra years factory extended warranty, to make it 5 years in total.

Or you can, as I did, make an extended factory warranty a prerequisite of the sales deal ! (Negotiation)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or you can, as I did, make an extended factory warranty a prerequisite of the sales deal ! (Negotiation)

Eurovans Crawley weren't entertaining that when I'd got a hefty DTD discount. I'll still buy the 2 years additional for c£300 though, sounds like a potential bargain (if you use it in years 4-5)

DTD margins are small IMO you would be doing much negotiating on a DTD price

Extended warranty = peace of mind

DTD margins are small IMO you would be doing much negotiating on a DTD price

Extended warranty = peace of mind

Problem is, you don't find out who your dealer is until your order is placed...so you're not in a good negotiating position with the dealer. I didn't think to ask DTD to include the extended warranty though.
Like you say, peace of mind. I'll pay it gladly from the DTD saving.

Shaun at Sheffield went via his VWFS Area manager to get it organised for me. Just to confirm it was approx £30 - can't remember exact amount. I think he also said that it has to be organised by the dealer you bought your van from.
Hi is the +1 (up to 5year 80000) available for ocean purchased 04/1020/2020 with an existing 4 Year warranty ??

It depends who your dealer is. I went to VW customer service and they wouldn’t even comment on it, said it’s up to your dealer. We couldn’t get the £30 extension, frustratingly. Liverpool told us the system wouldn’t accept both the 4 year care package and the extended warranty. But actually since then they’ve said they will IF we’re paying the full £330+vat. So it just depends who you talk to, unfortunately for us

Note that £30+vat is the difference between the 24m 80k price (329) and 12m 120k (299) price quoted in the pic earlier. So I’m pretty sure this is where it’s come from as the £30 includes a lower mileage.

Back