Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extending Warrantee to 5 years

GP

GP

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I saw a thread a few weeks ago but now cannot find it re being able to extend our warranty from 4 to 5 years. Possibly someone has already said that it can be done but I can also confirm I have extended our new T6.1 Cali warranty to 5 years for approx £30. Shaun at VW in Sheffield persevered to find it for me. To be clear our 4 year warranty is up to 120k miles and the 5th year is only up to 80k miles but I think it is worth buying since at this stage I am not sure we will be doing more than 80k miles in 5 years and therefore it seems good value for money. Have to say I've been impressed by the service I received - I went to Sheffield for my purchase since they and Liverpool were the only ones I could find in the early lock-down period when I wanted to order a Cali who seemed to be answering the phone. However being distant hasn't caused me a problem.

I was looking for this info myself so thanks for posting. Did the dealer chase it with VWFS?

I'll check with Shaun at VW tomorrow and come back to you. It's very nice having the 5th year warranty certificate, although hopefully I will not need it!?

I'll check with Shaun at VW tomorrow and come back to you. It's very nice having the 5th year warranty certificate, although hopefully I will not need it!?
I would definitely do the same as you. Its a complicated vehicle with lots that can go wrong.
Its probably worth paying £399 but for £30 its an absolute no brainer.

I saw a thread a few weeks ago but now cannot find it re being able to extend our warranty from 4 to 5 years. Possibly someone has already said that it can be done but I can also confirm I have extended our new T6.1 Cali warranty to 5 years for approx £30. Shaun at VW in Sheffield persevered to find it for me. To be clear our 4 year warranty is up to 120k miles and the 5th year is only up to 80k miles but I think it is worth buying since at this stage I am not sure we will be doing more than 80k miles in 5 years and therefore it seems good value for money. Have to say I've been impressed by the service I received - I went to Sheffield for my purchase since they and Liverpool were the only ones I could find in the early lock-down period when I wanted to order a Cali who seemed to be answering the phone. However being distant hasn't caused me a problem.
Thanks for that. Why did Shaun have to persevere? Do you know how he did it? I think I’ve read people paying c£350 for that...?

The additional 2yrs/80k over the normal 3 yr warranty is £329+vat, so £394.80. Which is a bargain. Previous threads on here have indicated that those who have the 4yr warranty have been able to extend it to 5yrs for the same (but not a reduced) cost. Suspect a typo in post above? But if not, and has been achieved for just c.£30 that is an absolute no brainier and makes you wonder why VW didn’t just make it a 5yr warranty at the initial offering....

Last edited:
Yes extended mine to 5-years too. I bit the bullet and went for the higher mileage option (150,000 miles). I very much doubt that I’ll get anywhere near that (30,000 per year), but thought I might exceed the 16,000 per year covered by the 80,000 mile option. Eurovans Crawley sorted for me.

The additional 2yrs/80k over the normal 3 yr warranty is £329+vat, so £394.80. Which is a bargain. Previous threads on here have indicated that those who have the 4yr warranty have been able to extend it to 5yrs for the same (but no it a reduced) cost. Suspect a type post above? But if not, and has been achieved for just c.£30 that is an absolute no brainier and makes you wonder why VW didn’t just make it a 5yr warranty at the initial offering....
Who gets the 4 year warranty (rather than 3)?

Yes extended mine to 5-years too. I bit the bullet and went for the higher mileage option (150,000 miles). I very much doubt that I’ll get anywhere near that (30,000 per year), but thought I might exceed the 16,000 per year covered by the 80,000 mile option. Eurovans Crawley sorted for me.
What did you pay GG?

Thanks for that. Why did Shaun have to persevere? Do you know how he did it? I think I’ve read people paying c£350 for that...?
£30 for the 80,000 mile option, £350 for the 150,000 option. Note VAT needs to be added.

Thanks - to take you from a 3 year to a 5 year warranty? I should be picking mine up from Eurovans in Feb...
Mine came with a 4-year 120,000 as part of the deal. Expensive to extend for 1 extra year but for me it’s worth it.

Mine came with a 4-year 120,000 as part of the deal. Expensive to extend for 1 extra year but for me it’s worth it.
How did you negotiate the 4 years rather than 3? I’m through drive the deal so suspect I’ll be 3 years - haven’t spoken to Eurovans about it yet.
Sorry for 20 questions

How did you negotiate the 4 years rather than 3? I’m through drive the deal so suspect I’ll be 3 years - haven’t spoken to Eurovans about it yet.
Sorry for 20 questions
Yes as pjduffill says, it was the deal on the table when I ordered.

£30 for the 80,000 mile option, £350 for the 150,000 option. Note VAT needs to be added.
Who did you speak to at eurovans? When I asked about it they gave the impression I couldn’t go to 5 years because I had the 4 year offer. If it’s only £30 to get an extra year up to 80000 miles then I’ll definitely chase them up.

Who did you speak to at eurovans? When I asked about it they gave the impression I couldn’t go to 5 years because I had the 4 year offer. If it’s only £30 to get an extra year up to 80000 miles then I’ll definitely chase them up.
Mike Harbinson or Victor Balicki

Shaun at Sheffield went via his VWFS Area manager to get it organised for me. Just to confirm it was approx £30 - can't remember exact amount. I think he also said that it has to be organised by the dealer you bought your van from.

Ok Shaun has just come back to me with his contact that he got to organise my warranty extension to 5 years - it is Judy Bryon Aftersales Planning & Performance Manager. Hope that helps you to point your dealer in the right direction. All the best.

Thanks Guys. I can but try.
If you don't mind me asking if you took out the PCP what rate did you get. August 4.9% or Sept on 3.6% ?

So had an email from the dealer today saying that the 5th year for £30 was incorrect and customers had been undercharged.
It should have been £330 + vat so well done to those who got the cheap year.

So had an email from the dealer today saying that the 5th year for £30 was incorrect and customers had been undercharged.
It did sound uncharacteristically generous of VW/ VWUK

So, extending from 4-year to 5-year warranty:-
It is £30 + VAT for the 80,000 mile limit and £350 + VAT for the 150,000 limit. Beggars believe that there’s so much conflicting advice from dealers.

Back