Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

When will campsites reopen ?

When we had a cat he came on UK holidays with us, but never abroad. He used to love it and never gave any trouble. He seemed to realise that the camper was his base and kept within calling distance.
I think Chespin would stick around and not disappear if we did take him somewhere, but don’t want to risk it. So he got a new experience with us “camping” at home. Our sheep Pebbles would be fine anywhere, but we’d need to get stock movement licences for her each time

I think Chespin would stick around and not disappear if we did take him somewhere, but don’t want to risk it. So he got a new experience with us “camping” at home. Our sheep Pebbles would be fine anywhere, but we’d need to get stock movement licences for her each time
You can get gps tracker collars for cats so you can keep track of them. The indieprojects have a channel on YouTube and take their cat with them in their van around the world with one of these.

They might open but would the rest of the country be allowed to travel?
I fear you may be right - that we won’t be allowed to travel between regions at least not initially.
We have a tour of Devon and Cornwall planned first two weeks of July so have fingers toes and everything crossed that campsites are open even if communal toilets and showers are closed and they allow only self contained vans.
Thinking about boginabag as recommended by @GrannyJen and we have the external shower fitted or buy the solar one from club shop :thumb

Just remember when the govt say "we are lifting restrictions" what they mean is "we have space in ICU" I'll be keeping myself to myself for a while regardless of what is and isn't permitted by govt guidelines. This summer will be clearing the decks of jobs at home and some mods / projects on the van ready to spend 2 or 3 years worth of holiday money in one when this has all blown over.

I fear you may be right - that we won’t be allowed to travel between regions at least not initially.
We have a tour of Devon and Cornwall planned first two weeks of July so have fingers toes and everything crossed that campsites are open even if communal toilets and showers are closed and they allow only self contained vans.
Thinking about boginabag as recommended by @GrannyJen and we have the external shower fitted or buy the solar one from club shop :thumb
Recommend the Bog in a Bag. :thumb

Hopeful news from France, arrivals from EU, Shengen area or UK will not need to isolate fir 2 weeks.
Don't get your hopes up! Whilst incomers from France and Ireland are exempt from 14 day isolation - it is only designated groups ofpeople who need to come who will be allowed to cross the border in the first place and that is controlled by you your border force.

Also note that the French border is closed to all countries - granted exceptions for lorries and other special groups. Tourism is not one of them!

Also note that if you get to France the Schengen borders are closed. That means you cannot get to Spain or To Germany, Switzerland etc. There are designated crossing points for the lorries and other special designated travellers.

To give you an example we live close to the German border here in Switzerland. The border is closed with metal fences at the crossing points. There are people whose partners live in Germany and the other in Switzerland and they are not allowed to visit each other.
My son-in-law's father lives in Germany and he can visit him as a relative but probably his sons could not visit their grandfather.
The main border crossing in Basel allows designated workers to cross, for example Germans who work in Basel and cross every day.

So as you see chances of casual tourist campers travelling frely around Europe will not be here for a good while. You may want to check out the URL https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/w...sas/schengen/reintroduction-border-control_en and the attached pdf

Attachments

• EU notifications.pdf
    513.3 KB · Views: 6

Can I go on holiday now?
Holidays are not permitted under the new guidance.

You are free to drive any distance to other destinations in England, like parks and beaches, but are not supposed to stay overnight somewhere you do not normally live. This includes any second property you may own.

This means you cannot rent a self-catering cottage or Airbnb property, and UK campsites, hotels and holiday parks will remain shut until at least 4 July.

Can I go on holiday now?
Holidays are not permitted under the new guidance.

You are free to drive any distance to other destinations in England, like parks and beaches, but are not supposed to stay overnight somewhere you do not normally live. This includes any second property you may own.

This means you cannot rent a self-catering cottage or Airbnb property, and UK campsites, hotels and holiday parks will remain shut until at least 4 July.
As well as our 2 weeks in April being cancelled, we obviously were expecting our week in the Lakes on 1 June & Lincolnshire on 26 June to also to be cancelled.
We have received confirmation today they are both cancelled.
Waiting now to see if our September & October trips fall to the same fate.
Stay safe & well everyone.

Just watched a guy on the Andrew Marr show saying everyone is going to be buying bikes and tents for this year's summer holiday. We've got a head start.

Agree with above. We had a few old tents / awnings in the garage. All sold within 30mins of being listed on FB Marketplace (2 weeks ago). Payment via paypal and left them in the porch for collection.

Getting concerned now that I am going to have to buy a porta potti and tent, there is no way Mrs K will go for bog in a bag.

Getting concerned now that I am going to have to buy a porta potti and tent, there is no way Mrs K will go for bog in a bag.
Bog in a bag?
I feel physically sick just typing it out. It’s not “green” is it (no, I meant eco, and wasn't talking about the colour of the bag..or worse...) and it just sounds revolting.
And what about washing/showering etc...?

I’ve used composting loo’s in Africa which were really hygienic and civilised....but ‘bog in a bag’? .....no, just no.
:oops:

Not sure if anyone watched yesterday's No 10 press briefing but one of the Qs was about camping. Grant Shapps acknowledged the outdoors aspect might make it a goer and Jonathan Van Tam said he intended to look into it.

With an estimated 24 new infections yesterday in London, and the infection rate (R number) down to 0.4, is now the time to close London to visitors from places such as Cornwall, Wales and Cumbria?

skynews-coronavirus-graph_4990883.jpg

Unlikely. We Londoners are a welcoming bunch, and will always provide refuge to people from more infected regions.

Main question still standing: will borders open? Would love to go campering in Denmark, but what us if Belgian border stays closed... :mad: