Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

When will campsites reopen ?

When do we think campsites reopen ? If they do, would we be happy using a sink in the toilet in the toilet blick that has had toothpaste spat out by several dozen people before you ? I can see Campsites maybe opening just for self contained units
I’ve had an email today from a site in Scotland that I had booked (and cancelled due to covid) to say they are opening from 4th July to vans and caravans as long as you have wc and wash Facilities on board as toilets and shower blocks will be closed. I think for all sites managing washrooms will be a challenge!

This argument about toilet blocks being open or closed is just stupid! No doubt they should be open and it is not difficult to implement a 1-in, 1-out rule. On Monday shops opened and in Newcastle where I live many of the stores had their toilets open with such a policy. So if its safe for shops to open toilets, what is the reason why a campsite can not??

This argument about toilet blocks being open or closed is just stupid! No doubt they should be open and it is not difficult to implement a 1-in, 1-out rule. On Monday shops opened and in Newcastle where I live many of the stores had their toilets open with such a policy. So if its safe for shops to open toilets, what is the reason why a campsite can not??

We don't shower, clean our teeth, have a wash, have screaming kids running around in a shop toilet. You can't compare the two !

The Caravan and Motorhome club is opening a number of its sites on July 4th. I have booked three nights, from the 5th, in Cornwall. The toilet shower blocks will be open, although there will be more cleaning and probably less people allowed in at one time. I will just save up my poo until 2am. Although I have a Bivvy Loo for emergencies.

I am really looking forward to it.

We don't shower, clean our teeth, have a wash, have screaming kids running around in a shop toilet. You can't compare the two !
Get your own porta loo then you won’t need facilities anyway. I never use them. Installed a shower and wash in van anyway. Why would anyone use public facilities

you can always stay home though if you want ?

Get your own porta loo then you won’t need facilities anyway. I never use them. Installed a shower and wash in van anyway. Why would anyone use public facilities
The 'public' facilities in the C& MC sites are excellet, very clean, warm and perfect.

Has anyone seen any definitive update on whether campsites are actually going to open?

The exact wording on Caravan & Motorhome Club is "We are very pleased to share with you our intention to reopen the majority of our campsites from 4 July in England and 15 July in Scotland......."

But I've not heard anything confirmatory from government other than 4th July being the earliest potential date for opening..... We still aren't allowed to stay a night away & this article in Daily Mail seems less optimistic...

Has anyone got any more up to date information please?

Has anyone seen any definitive update on whether campsites are actually going to open?

The exact wording on Caravan & Motorhome Club is "We are very pleased to share with you our intention to reopen the majority of our campsites from 4 July in England and 15 July in Scotland......."

But I've not heard anything confirmatory from government other than 4th July being the earliest potential date for opening..... We still aren't allowed to stay a night away & this article in Daily Mail seems less optimistic...

25 June is the next date for the lockdown review. I think the expectation is an announcement that self catering accommodation (including campsites) will reopen from 4 July. But what restrictions there might be on shared facilities is anyone’s guess.

I also think that Priti Patel will announce that her 14 day quarantine for incoming visitors has been so successful that it is safe to abandon it at its first review.

No. Its all just wishful thinking and I very much doubt if anyone outside the Government or Sage have any insider knowledge.
2 things have to be given the OK.
1. The ability to stay overnight other than in your main residence or your Bubble household.
2. Campsites able to open and with what restrictions.
And don't forget, although the Leisure sector wants this to happen the Leisure areas/Counties seem less than keen to welcome an influx of visitors.

This is from the June newsletter from the CCC. It looks like facilities block will remain shut. Sad but it makes sense really...

Update On Our Campsites Opening

Over the past few weeks, we've been working hard behind the scenes to make sure as many of our campsites as possible are ready to welcome you back to the great outdoors.

While we are planning for most of our Club Sites to reopen with some facilities and extra measures in place to keep them safe and secure, this year we have had to make some changes.

Our current plan means some campsites will be opening without facility blocks and some sites will unfortunately not be opening for the 2020 season.

At the moment, all campsites are legally closed; we will continue to monitor government guidance but are hoping we can open a number of our Club Sites from Saturday 4th July, although this date is subject to change.

Please note, our Scottish, Northern Irish, and Welsh campsites may have differing guidelines and opening dates may be later.

We booked a touring pitch In times BC (before covid) at haven Lakeland for the end of July. Looking at there website seems to indicate that touring facility blocks will be open at their site

This is from the June newsletter from the CCC. It looks like facilities block will remain shut. Sad but it makes sense really...

Over the past few weeks, we've been working hard behind the scenes to make sure as many of our campsites as possible are ready to welcome you back to the great outdoors.

While we are planning for most of our Club Sites to reopen with some facilities and extra measures in place to keep them safe and secure, this year we have had to make some changes.

Our current plan means some campsites will be opening without facility blocks and some sites will unfortunately not be opening for the 2020 season.

At the moment, all campsites are legally closed; we will continue to monitor government guidance but are hoping we can open a number of our Club Sites from Saturday 4th July, although this date is subject to change.

Please note, our Scottish, Northern Irish, and Welsh campsites may have differing guidelines and opening dates may be later.
Some, but not all. The Caravan Club seem to have most opening with toilet blocks.

No, that's not quite right. CCC are actually saying that they have 3 lists for their sites:
- sites that will open with wash/toilet facilities operating (with whatever needs to be organised re distancing, cleaning etc.)
- sites that will open but without wash/toilet facilites
- sites that will remain closed.

The opening date is uncertain. July 4th is hoped for but not guaranteed, and it will vary across the home nations as per each government's regs.
They also say that water and service points will be operating, and that you can pitch your own toilet tent on your allocated pitch.

There's a lot more detail here
https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/helpandadvice/travelplanning/coronavirus/
and a list of which sites are in each of the three categories here
https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/2020/

They can be open for use of the toilet only, as for screaming kids then that's down to responsible parenting, mine would not be allowed to run around toilet blocks behaving irresponsibly - besides it may be outside school holidays!!

We booked a touring pitch In times BC (before covid) at haven Lakeland for the end of July. Looking at there website seems to indicate that touring facility blocks will be open at their site
Yes, they have published a list of those with open toilet facilities.

I heard on the news the other day that some scientists are becoming concerned about flushing toilets if you have COVID-19 apparently when you flush the toilet this releases minute particles and if you have the disease this could in theory release COVID-19 into the atmosphere of the bathroom or in our instance toilet blocks therefore contaminating the the area involved :rolleyes: I hope this is fake news.

If you go out in your car you may cause an accident so safer to NOT go out in your car....wrap yourself in cotton wool and don't ever venture out the house. Then you'll be safe, unless a meteorite hits your house at 1000mph!!
What, there’s meteorites?
And you’re saying these meteorites have got Covid?
That will be one hell of a splash zone, but maybe not as big as Jaygas’?
I’m getting as far away from a toilet as I can.......just in case Dave.....better safe than sorry I say.....oh yes indeedy!
;)

I have booked a campsite in Cornwall for 10th July but the owner is doubtful that he will be open. He is said he is very frustrated with the lack of guidance which is affecting his planning.