Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying new Beach - advise on spec please before I order

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I'm poised to order a new Beach (before the prices go up)

Would appreciate any thoughts on the spec I've chosen -

it's 150ps DSG with the following options (full spec in attached PDF):

Exterior package
Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
App Connect
Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver ́s seat)
Cruise Control
Sliding window with fly screen in passenger compartment, front drivers side
Interior light concept for Camper "Comfort" in passenger compartment
Awning rail and housing in black
Front fog lights with cornering function
4 remote control folding keys
Programmable air parking heater; auxiliary heater

Any thoughts most appreciated -

I'll use it for family trips, camping with the children and my own personal mountaineering trips to N.Wales, Scotland etc in the Winter (hence heater)

thanks! :)

Attachments

• Volkswagen Configurator California Beach Summary.pdf
    897 KB · Views: 27
That's a lovely spec with pretty much all the essentials.

One thing I would not want to be without (having had it and not had it in Calis) is a MFSW - not a lot of money for a hugely useful feature.

And not sure - is privacy glass on there - a 100% must have.

sorry, what does MFSW stand for please? & why do you recommend this?

anything I've chosen that I could do without?

Looks like a very nice spec. You've got the essentials covered, meaning the parking heater, the awning, the better head lights and the LEDs upstairs. Anything else are just nice to haves.

Good luck. You are getting a cracking vehicle.

sorry, what does MFSW stand for please? & why do you recommend this?

anything I've chosen that I could do without?
Multi Function Steering Wheel.

Last edited:
fridge. beer. bbq. burgers . boom that's it

Great spec.

I'm pretty sure the drivers side sliding window is a cost option and it's a mistake on the configurator and just to let you know, the passenger side sliding window does not come with a fly screen (Well, neither of my Beaches have).

The MFSW is nice but it's not far to reach the stereo so not essential. My first Beach didn't have it and my current one does. I wouldn't miss it.

I would add privacy glass.

I would tick the rear Climatic option as it can’t be retrofitted

Heated seats is a good option but you’ve got a good spec there

Yes, forgot the Heated Seats and consider adding the comfort mattress aswell!

Yes, forgot the Heated Seats and consider adding the comfort mattress aswell!

2 options I wouldn’t bother with.
Plenty of aftermarket options for the mattress and heated seats aren’t required with the parking heater.

As you can see we all have different opinions on what is essential!

So again, IMHO! ;)

Heated seats are 100% essential in a vehicle with full leather but absolutely not with cloth.

Cali's look truly awful without privacy glass - it's a must have. Even if you plan aftermarket tints, keep it underneath for resale.

Sure, you can keep taking your hands off the wheel to adjust the volume on the head unit but a MFSW makes that and other adjustments and controls so much more convenient.

That's a lovely spec with pretty much all the essentials.

One thing I would not want to be without (having had it and not had it in Calis) is a MFSW - not a lot of money for a hugely useful feature.

+1 for the MFSW, and if the paddle shifters are a separate option over there, get those too. One thing I really don't like about the gear lever is that you can't go from Sport to Manual directly. You have to go back to Drive, then over to Manual. I didn't notice this test driving, but sure did after I took delivery.

I'm sure we mostly all agree that it's a builders van and not a sports car, but on a twisty mountain road it's very nice to be able downshift instantly if needed instead of the 2 seconds required with the lever. Doesn't sound like much, but heading down a steep hill into a hairpin with a 3T+ vehicle it feels like an eternity... for the small cost I wouldn't be without them.

+1 for the MFSW, and if the paddle shifters are a separate option over there, get those too. One thing I really don't like about the gear lever is that you can't go from Sport to Manual directly. You have to go back to Drive, then over to Manual. I didn't notice this test driving, but sure did after I took delivery.

I'm sure we mostly all agree that it's a builders van and not a sports car, but on a twisty mountain road it's very nice to be able downshift instantly if needed instead of the 2 seconds required with the lever. Doesn't sound like much, but heading down a steep hill into a hairpin with a 3T+ vehicle it feels like an eternity... for the small cost I wouldn't be without them.

Thanks @Max-Felix

I certainly don't need one of those (Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver ́s seat))

-thanks for the explanation.

£80 saved.

Last edited:
For (lots) more on it see pages 73 - 78 on the body builder manual pdf I just posted up in a new topic.

If you want an external 12v supply or any other separate supply (for fridge etc) then much better to avoid all the original vehicle electrickery and tap a fused supply direct to the leisure battery.

I'm poised to order a new Beach (before the prices go up)

Would appreciate any thoughts on the spec I've chosen -

it's 150ps DSG with the following options (full spec in attached PDF):

Exterior package
Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
App Connect
Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver ́s seat)
Cruise Control
Sliding window with fly screen in passenger compartment, front drivers side
Interior light concept for Camper "Comfort" in passenger compartment
Awning rail and housing in black
Front fog lights with cornering function
4 remote control folding keys
Programmable air parking heater; auxiliary heater

Any thoughts most appreciated -

I'll use it for family trips, camping with the children and my own personal mountaineering trips to N.Wales, Scotland etc in the Winter (hence heater)

thanks! :)
Dont forget the yellow paint

Dont forget the yellow paint

Yes, did not want to mention the red paint as colour is so personal but red is probably the least popular Cali colour I'm guessing going by the tiny amount you ever see and might put quite a few future buyers off (Royal Mail van) if that might be a concern.

Nothing suits a fun loving Beach like yellow and your kids will love it (if not at first then they will grow to). ;)

Re parking heater -- should I go for the one with remote control or is that overkill?

Back