Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Countdown 5 Begins

Last but one night. Forgot to post an update as busy watching the last 2 films in the Harry Potter set as my downloads expired on the 31st.
Days travel was basically marked by roadworks with attendant speed restrictions but traffic kept flowing until on the A1 just past Osnabruck traffic came to a halt the slowly moved forward and 4 km on came about the cause. A Mercedes 2 seater sports car across middle and outer lane front smashed in upto windscreen. No other car involved and what looked like the driver sat on central reservation barrier having a cigarette speaking to a Paramedic. Ambulance and Police present and the traffic being directed into 1 lane on hard shoulder to pass.
Campsite small but all the buildings very modern and facilities excellent 19.5€ the night all in.

My route
Screenshot_20240531_163646_Maps~2.jpg

Last day of travel, ferry tomorrow from Hook of Holland.
All pitched up, Restaurant booked, no cooking tonight, and exchanged my empty 907 for a full one. Not the cheapest but convenient.

Campsite

And route

Screenshot_20240601_154609_Maps~2.jpg

This is my last post on this thread as I'm sure no one is interested in the 55min trip to the Ferry.

I've been away for 20 days now and have covered 4,126 miles to date. Visited 5 countries and drove as far North as the Arctic Circle.
Average fuel consumption was 34.1 mpg according to the MFD which doesn't take account of diesel usage by the Parking Heater that was used a few times.
Oh, and for naysayers my 2014 180 BiTurbo has used 0 mls of Oil on this journey and since its last oil change in December 2023.
I'm off to the Campsite Bar & Restaurant for a G&T and meal.
HAPPY TRAVELLING.

20 days!! That went quickly! I was just about to say you’ve not been away long.

Anyway, you’ve clearly not got the hang of this Cali thing. You never moaned once about a leaking roof, fridge that won’t work, sliding door that won’t close, roof that sags, a heater that won’t stay on, dead battery or ranted about how awful the awning is and you’re going to tear it off immediately!!
Perhaps one day you’ll crack it.

Anyway, you’ve clearly not got the hang of this Cali thing. You never moaned once about a leaking roof, fridge that won’t work, sliding door that won’t close, roof that sags, a heater that won’t stay on, dead battery or ranted about how awful the awning is and you’re going to tear it off immediately!!
I couldn't get Radio 2 in Norway or anywhere in Europe. Should I get a new radio?

You nailed it. Not a single whimper and also then posting on other threads that his van heater has been going without any issues for over 10 years! and still ready as always with advice on how to sort out issues that other people are having All these years ... and he really has NOT got the hang of camping in a Cali!

Thank you WG for taking us along! Most enjoyable!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I couldn't get Radio 2 in Norway or anywhere in Europe. Should I get a new radio?
Use a NordVPN and then stream it from the bbc2 website

Hi @WelshGas , thanks for taking the time to provide regular and informative updates of your trip. I for one have really enjoyed following this thread. It’s given me the confidence to plan something like this myself in the future. Maybe we should have a separate section on the forum for similar content :thumb

Use a NordVPN and then stream it from the bbc2 website
Thanks , but I'm not that desperate.
In fact using my MiFi with 3 data sim I had no problem accessing the BBC website or iPlayer. Not so using campsite WiFi. Same with some Netflix programmes.

Great trip to follow. Enjoyed it all.

As mentioned above I love following people’s trips. I did a few campsite links to one we were on through Spain and Portugal a few years ago - and the responses were all positive.

One point I forgot to mention. Came across lots of Transporters of one sort or another and surprise, surprise they All had " saggy bums " as the designed lower wheel arch on the rear axle is referred to by the less enlightened. I felt quite at home. :thumb

One point I forgot to mention. Came across lots of Transporters of one sort or another and surprise, surprise they All had " saggy bums " as the designed lower wheel arch on the rear axle is referred to by the less enlightened. I felt quite at home. :thumb
Absolutely concur with looking like I have a saggy backside.
Handles like a dream