Location Princetown, Dartmoor, Devon
Organiser Martin
Date/Time Sunday March 16th 2014 / Afternoon

Re: West Country Afternoon Meet - March 16th 2014

if i am not away at a vw show .put me on list please martin :thumb

Yes....I will be there.....

I will be there candycal bill just tell me where !
;) :D

Billtinsley said:
I will be there candycal bill just tell me where !
;) :D

Can we pin these regional meet posts?

James

Do we have a location for this meet yet?

Sorry not yet Simon, I should have this confirmed within the next few weeks. We were thinking to keep it quite central so Dartmoor is a possibility, it depends where everyone is coming from?

Dartmoor would be good......

Princetown....?

There are walks, visitor centre, pub and a greasy spoon cafe. We could meet in the car park behind the visitor centre.....

How does that sound......?

Plume of feathers was on my list as they also have a big car park at the back.

Excellent !

Princetown is good, the Foxtor Cafe is good for food, us cyclists use it a lot

OK, Excellent - Princetown it is :thumb

I will confirm exactly where and the time at a later date

The Plume of Feathers also have a camping field behind the pub too, great ale and food. If you don't mind i would love to come along?

We haven't got a Cali yet, but we are getting close and have hired from Oli. I've been on this site since it started and the Facebook site prior to this one. I remember a bloke called Peter (i think) set up the first forum site then it moved to here. He set it up when facebook changed the rules to the forum being used on there, and if i recall there was a bit of unrest when it first happened..... is Peter still on this site?

Hi Richie, you are more than welcome to join us, we often have potential Cali owners come along to our meets as it is a good way to pick peoples brains.

As for Someone called Peter, I have no idea who that may be?

Looking at turning up from Gloucester and making a weekend of it. Bringing 3 Calidogs too! Might even wash her :crazy

I went over to the pub/campsite at the weekend to confirm everything. If you don't already know the area, the pub is just a stone throw away from Dartmoor prison and there are also loads of walks onto the moor directly from the pub.
In the village there are several other cafe's and tea rooms but it would be nice if we all use the pub even if just for a coffee as they have allowed us full use of their car park.

The pub does a great carvery on Sunday afternoon (midday-4pm) but you will need to book a table as it is very popular, just call 01822 890240 - price £9.95

They also offer all year round camping and the price is just £6.95 per person per night ( kids £4.95) or £12.95 per person per night to include a full english breakfast. ( full facilities on site )

If you are bringing your dog, this is a very dog friendly pub and even has its own dog menu ... Doggy carvery £1.20.

Fingers crossed for some sunshine :thumb

Back