Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Gloucestershire Meet April 20th - 22nd

Saturday lunch? Bring your own food? Pic from 2012 meet.
full

Be cool to see this replicated ?

Hi Everyone, sadly yet again we can’t make it, however I have an amazing excuse.

One of the reasons we bought our Cali was because our son was immune suppressed after his bone marrow transplant. This meant that we couldn’t go on holiday as he could only eat food that had been prepared a certain way and bedding had to be very clean etc, had to be near to a hospital and have regular medication. The Cali meant we could do all those things. We love it.

Anyway the reason we can’t come is because I am running the London Marathon on the 22nd for Anthony Nolan, where Rupert’s anonymous donor was found who saved his life. I only started running in September last year, so it has been an amazing challenge and not one I will be repeating.

Please think of me on Sunday as you are all cosy in your Cali’s.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Run4Rupert

Go Barbie!! All the best.

@ActionBarbie , there be other meets but only one marathon :thumb
Maybe @GrannyJen is running it also ...she's does a marathon every week :D

Hi Everyone, sadly yet again we can’t make it, however I have an amazing excuse.

One of the reasons we bought our Cali was because our son was immune suppressed after his bone marrow transplant. This meant that we couldn’t go on holiday as he could only eat food that had been prepared a certain way and bedding had to be very clean etc, had to be near to a hospital and have regular medication. The Cali meant we could do all those things. We love it.

Anyway the reason we can’t come is because I am running the London Marathon on the 22nd for Anthony Nolan, where Rupert’s anonymous donor was found who saved his life. I only started running in September last year, so it has been an amazing challenge and not one I will be repeating.

Please think of me on Sunday as you are all cosy in your Cali’s.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Run4Rupert

Brilliant!

Amazing well done to you.

See you at the red start :D

We have had quite a few requests from people wanting to collect items from us at the Gloucester meet.

What we have done is set up a code to remove the delivery charge. When you go through the checkout please enter code: GLOSFREE you can also use this in conjunction with your VIP discount code. We also ask in the delivery address you enter 'Gloucester Meet' in the section where it says company name.
Will you have a ladder on view please?

It’s only just dawned on me that we will be at Tudor park at the same time as the meet by pure coincidence. We are going with our local caravan club. Will be there on the Saturday so we’ll pop over and say hello.
We haven’t yet made a meet in the year we’ve had the Cali so will be a really nice opportunity, made even nicer by the stroke of luck

It’s only just dawned on me that we will be at Tudor park at the same time as the meet by pure coincidence. We are going with our local caravan club. Will be there on the Saturday so we’ll pop over and say hello.
We haven’t yet made a meet in the year we’ve had the Cali so will be a really nice opportunity, made even nicer by the stroke of luck

Caravan club??

Just a reminder for anyone that wants anything bought along from the shop and save on delivery, please just enter code: GLOSFREE in the checkout (you can also use this in conjunction with your VIP discount code) We also ask in the delivery address you enter 'Gloucester Meet' in the section where it says company name.

Thanks

ARRIVAL TIME

Arrival time is from 12.00 on the Friday. St. John's Road by Slimbridge School can be very busy between 2:45pm & 3:15pm when children are finishing school - we suggest you delay your arrival to avoid the school end of day; or arrive between 12.00 - 14.30
I'll find out beforehand whether the site want to book you in or whether he wants us to do it. There will be VWCC markers to indicate where to go.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Simon
Thanks Simon, thanks for the edit and clarity. Looking forward to seeing you both next week.

We have tried to book but it's full. If anybody has a change in circumstances and are unable to go could you let us know as we would like to attend. We have also tried the main campsite and that's full also.
Thanks

@Jabberwocky , been checking for a few days now....;) can't wait to get on the ferry!
If it's dry i'm happy , and if it stays nice weather the week after even more better as we wil be cruising arround 7-8 days after the meet to get back to Dover by the 1st may

@Jabberwocky , been checking for a few days now....;) can't wait to get on the ferry!
If it's dry i'm happy , and if it stays nice weather the week after even more better as we wil be cruising arround 7-8 days after the meet to get back to Dover by the 1st may
Wim, I realise that the weather in the UK is of prime importance to the extent I would have been astonished had you not been looking but also being a little afraid to look :eek: at the same time! After all it's not that different to Belgium weather :( so you are used to being excited by its unpredictability:D. We have done our best and at this time the anticipated results are looking good :thumb. But we must not shout too loud!
Looking forward to seeing you both next week. Safe journey and enjoy some UK sunshine on the way (there you go I said it - sunshine!!)

We are booked in for lunch at the pub on a Saturdayafternoon and they said we can use the car park if we are attending the afternoon meet, they said there is also a caravan rally going on as well but not sure if he meant our rally or there are two rally's going on?

We have tried to book but it's full. If anybody has a change in circumstances and are unable to go could you let us know as we would like to attend. We have also tried the main campsite and that's full also.
Thanks
Hi Graham
Sadly I can't make it so my ticket is available - pm me?
regards
G

Regarding food:
I called in this evening and Ian who runs the Black Shed opposite the site, says he will be open until 23:00 Friday and Saturday night he is happy to do some take away chips and pies if we want, He is also going to see if the Pizza barge is available that weekend as well.

If your ticket is still available for weekend I’m interested.

Getting closer now , i'll be dooing a Cali-check this weekend and do some pre-packing . We are leaving on thursdayafthernoon ...:) arriving at the site friday early afternoon if all goes well .

Has everyone who's attending the meet added his name to this page ?
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/glos-club-meet-20th-22nd-april-2018.26/
Nice to know who will be there and see the final number...:thumb