Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet June Meet - Lower Lode Inn Tewksbury - NOW FULL

You did - but it's been cleaned so efficiently I can only find pics form the event. Also see my PM as I believe I had requested a 3rd night and can't find those conversations either...
Sunday night Alison?

Sent using Tapatalk

Martin - I sent a PM.

I have had quite a few requests for pitches for Saturday Night. At the moment we do not know what will be available so we will try and update this thread once we know, you can also call myself or Kevin on 07944 600555 or 07496 838123 on Saturday morning. (there is poor phone signal at the site so you may need to keep trying)

We will take up you offer for tea and hearing about your trip to Norway!

We will be there , realy looking out to meet-up face to face ....
Seen some on COTF in 2013 .
Please feel free to come have a chat , a cup of thee , ....look arround in our Cali.
If any want to check out our foto's on last years Norway trip , just ask .
@Martin , 45 Cali's booked? ....was planning on bringing a small useful gadget for each ....must see first if i get to that much....

Anyone intrest in a child-safety net ? I could bring mine to sell as we never used it .
Also got 2 spare campinggaz 907 bottles wich can switch owner .
We will take up you offer for tea and hearing about your trip to Norway!

I started getting the van ready for the weekend, drained and refilled the tank then turned the tap on to flush through - but it didn’t work! :(

Spent all morning trying to identify the problem, found two fuses blown (not the usual 5A one), replaced them and it still wouldn’t work. Then I disconnected the submersible pump and connected 12v directly to it - nothing.

Phoned up the VW dealer (Llandudno) and told them the problem, they were very good and ordered a pump and booked me in for 9am tomorrow. Bit of a nuisance as it's the opposite way to Tewkesbury!

After that I thought I’d give the pump another bang (I already tried this). I wacked it really hard against the side of the tank (wasn’t frightened of breaking it now) - hey presto - it worked!

Cancelled the booking at VW and told them what I had done. They will still get a new pump and fit it at my convenience. Hopefully the old one will see us through the weekend, otherwise we'll be using a bucket!

Any news on the ground conditions at Lower Lode? The rain here today has been torrential :(

Just to reassure people as I have been receiving a few messages.

I have just spoken to the Lower Lode Inn and the ground is still solid, the sun is shining and they are currently cutting the grass ready for us.

Phew...I had visions of being stuck into next week. Although come to think of it........:cool:

It's not the sudden downpour that is problematic, that just runs off, it's the prolonged drizzle that soaks into the ground that is more likely.

Cut grass. I wonder if they have a pickup mower?

I thought it was a feature of campsites. They cut the grass just before you get there so all the little bits get stuck on your shoes and carried all round the inside of the Cali.
I still haven't got all the grass out from my last stay in Brean yet a week ago.

I'm sure they think they are doing a favour by cutting the grass, but as they found out at the 3 counties where most of the parking is on grass, you actually get less mud and better grip if you leave the grass long...

Not 100% sure but I would think so as long as it's off the ground

ea956f735e929f7830d55eb9090eb356.jpg

Lovely weather at the moment, look forward to seeing you all soon

Sent using Tapatalk

And we are in....
image.jpeg
Glas of wine , snack , sun......
And others are showing up , gonna be great.
Weather is sunny , dark cloud once a while .
Just needs to stay dry!

Reactions: DM
It's Raining.
image.jpg

Look out for the Welsh Flag.
I'll also have the latest RNS510 Map Update DVD if anyone wants to borrow it, also for the RNS510, a SD card with a POI file of 32,000 European campsites . I'll also have my iPad and Carista OBD dongle if anyone wants to see what they can change on their T5 computer, eg: self locking , see you home lights etc.
Which number is your update Welshgas?V15?