Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6

The new interior lights are LEDs

Thanks for posting photo's Aidy... Looks good. Yes Quinnster thats the Privacy Glass, described in the option list 'Privacy Glass with heat insulation'. Also the Multi function steering wheel is the one that comes with the ACC package, I didn't add a Multi function steering wheel as an extra option...
Aidy how does the Pearl Effect look ? can not really see the effect in the photos

Thanks for posting photo's Aidy... Looks good. Yes Quinnster thats the Privacy Glass, described in the option list 'Privacy Glass with heat insulation'. Also the Multi function steering wheel is the one that comes with the ACC package, I didn't add a Multi function steering wheel as an extra option...
Aidy how does the Pearl Effect look ? can not really see the effect in the photos
Pearl looked nice Paul though it will probably be better when it's not raining love me it was today :cool:

The new darker interior look very nice. New dash certainly looks and feels more premium. Still confused regarding the privacy glass though as there was a Carvavelle with a laminated glass pack that Mark at the VW van centre said included privacy...and they looked the same. I'm trading to get some clarity from head office

good luck with the new van Paul,
Hope the weather improves for picking it up.
Getting mine from same dealer 1st March.
Hope to see you on the road sometime.
Thanks for all your contributions

Mark is going to have a very busy day then as I'm hoping mine will be 1 March too!!

Mustriharder Weather not too bad on way home... Very Very pleased with Cali... a lot to learn now to get the most from it.. going camping weekend after next what ever the weather lol

Mustriharder Weather not too bad on way home... Very Very pleased with Cali... a lot to learn now to get the most from it.. going camping weekend after next what ever the weather lol
Not at all jealous pal.
Have a great time.
Your new van looks amazing - real headturner.
Looks like we'll be doing the same thing from your profile pic. Back to ventoux for me next summer

Not at all jealous pal.
Have a great time.
Your new van looks amazing - real headturner.
Looks like we'll be doing the same thing from your profile pic. Back to ventoux for me next summer
Cheers.... Paul Greening on Strava if you use the App... maybe we will ride the Alps together sometime Mustriharder....?

Intrigued by the steering wheel greenp. Could you post another picture. Can you control your ACC through the steering wheel? I've ordered Z1Y - cruise control with side scan. I was told I had to order the steering wheel with this. I'm now wondering whether the multi-function steering wheel is included with all the cruise control options and that I've ordered it twice!

Has anyone seen the steering wheel that you get if you don't have any cruise control options?

Intrigued by the steering wheel greenp. Could you post another picture. Can you control your ACC through the steering wheel? I've ordered Z1Y - cruise control with side scan. I was told I had to order the steering wheel with this. I'm now wondering whether the multi-function steering wheel is included with all the cruise control options and that I've ordered it twice!

Has anyone seen the steering wheel that you get if you don't have any cruise control options?
Hi Dmailer I've got ACC this included the multi function steering wheel in the package however the code on the dealers configurator was not a code listed as an option (not sure this makes a difference). YES you can operate the ACC from this steering wheel, ALSO the radio, CD player, Aux device... Mobile phone and all the options on the Multi Function Display Unit between the instrument cluster... By the way, Very Very impressed with the ACC !!! I will try and post a photo if this helps... anymore questions please ask. Thanks Paul

Hi Dmailer I've got ACC this included the multi function steering wheel in the package however the code on the dealers configurator was not a code listed as an option (not sure this makes a difference). YES you can operate the ACC from this steering wheel, ALSO the radio, CD player, Aux device... Mobile phone and all the options on the Multi Function Display Unit between the instrument cluster... By the way, Very Very impressed with the ACC !!! I will try and post a photo if this helps... anymore questions please ask. Thanks Paul
Thanks Paul. That's very interesting. The ACC (PAC) costs £960 (inc VAT exc discount). Standard cruise control (8T2 - £204) plus City Emergency Braking (6K2 - £228) plus the leather multi-function steering wheel (ZE7 - £330) totals £762. So that suggests that the ACC actually only costs £198 over and above standard cruise control.

I've currently ordered cruise control with sidescan (Z1Y - £522) plus city emergency braking (6K2 - £228) plus the leather multi-function steering wheel (ZE7 - £330) which adds up to £1,080 which suggests that the sidescan actually costs more than ACC! Cue another email to my dealer - these options are doing my head in.

Very jealous that you've taken delivery already. Enjoy. I've been given week 5 so hoping for a 1 March registration / handover so another 3 months of anticipation :) and fretting over options :-( Dave

Thanks Paul. That's very interesting. The ACC (PAC) costs £960 (inc VAT exc discount). Standard cruise control (8T2 - £204) plus City Emergency Braking (6K2 - £228) plus the leather multi-function steering wheel (ZE7 - £330) totals £762. So that suggests that the ACC actually only costs £198 over and above standard cruise control.

I've currently ordered cruise control with sidescan (Z1Y - £522) plus city emergency braking (6K2 - £228) plus the leather multi-function steering wheel (ZE7 - £330) which adds up to £1,080 which suggests that the sidescan actually costs more than ACC! Cue another email to my dealer - these options are doing my head in.

Very jealous that you've taken delivery already. Enjoy. I've been given week 5 so hoping for a 1 March registration / handover so another 3 months of anticipation :) and fretting over options :-( Dave
Dmailer ... Exactly !!!! I did the math and ordered ACC... very happy with it... Thanks and loving the T6. Alot to learn about the California and the lifestyle. .. we will be taking out 1st trip next weekend. Good luck with yours and any questions please ask... Just mention you can not have side scan with ACC... I wanted it but told I could not have that selection.....Paul

The multifunction steering wheel is included with the adaptive cruise control but not with cruise control. You have to add it on. I checked this week with VW after seeing Pauls van as I'd specced CC and a multi function wheel.

Dmailer ... Exactly !!!! I did the math and ordered ACC... very happy with it... Thanks and loving the T6. Alot to learn about the California and the lifestyle. .. we will be taking out 1st trip next weekend. Good luck with yours and any questions please ask... Just mention you can not have side scan with ACC... I wanted it but told I could not have that selection.....Paul
Paul, Last question re this (for now) have you got sidescan? If so was it includes within the ACC option or did you spec it separately?
Aidy, have you considered this option in conjunction with ACC?
Thanks both. Dave

Hi Dave
I only really wanted standard cruise control. I haven't driven any vehicles with the ACC so I have 'trust' issues with relying on tech to keep me away from other vehicles. Most of our driving will not be on motorways. But I like to set cruise when I occasionally do. As I've opted for lots of other goodies on my order I didn't want to spend the extra money.

I wanted the multifunction for the phone and media controls as I've gone for the Navigation and Audio upgrades as well as the cruise control.

Excellent thread and thank you guys. Dave I am with you on queries to the dealer but I have not yet placed my order.
I also did the maths and ACC is now my default choice for the driver aids but I would also like sidescan but not at £522 just for the sidescan as it appears from what is being said that you already get the cruise control and multi function steering wheel with the ACC.
Where's that dark room :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent thread and thank you guys. Dave I am with you on queries to the dealer but I have not yet placed my order.
I also did the maths and ACC is now my default choice for the driver aids but I would also like sidescan but not at £522 just for the sidescan as it appears from what is being said that you already get the cruise control and multi function steering wheel with the ACC.
Where's that dark room :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll let you know what the dealer comes back with. Likewise please et me know how you get on. Dave

That is strange as in the new price list it says side scan is available with ACC.

That is strange as in the new price list it says side scan is available with ACC.
I think what it's saying is that if you have ACC then you get cruise control anyway and pay £324 for sidescan. If you don't want ACC then you can have cruise control for £204 or cruise control with sidescan for £522. Than would make sense.

Back