Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6

Well considering most of cali owners get that independent heater, firing it from the remote will get all the windows properly defrosted )
I've also decided not to get seats heating just because of that handy remote heater that warms up the whole interior before even starting an engine.
Would be interesting to know which uses less energy @WelshGas ... You usually point us towards the correct thread ;););)

As for heated seats. I love them. My wife loves them and my daughter loves it when she can sit up front. In fact it's the first things my wife asks for when we get a new vehicle!!

I have the heated seats as well. Love them.
I use the remote and auxiliary heater if the windows are iced up or an early start on these winter Morning. Heated seats while engine warms up otherwise.

My Defender had the heated windscreen which was very effective, but then I was On-Call for Anaesthetics or the Intensive Care Unit so couldn't wait for 10-20 mins. Debated about getting it on the California but decided that as I was now retired I wouldn't be rushing anymore.

The Heated windscreen is the quicker method and I would presume the more energy efficient as the Auxillary Heater uses battery power and diesel, which have to be replaced. The Heated Windscreen uses power from, I presume, the Alternator as on my Defender it only worked with the engine running. Obviously there will also be an impact on fuel consumption as well.

On balance I would say the Heated Windscreen is more efficient, BUT the Auxillary Heater has the added advantage of heating the vehicle interior as well and defrosting ALL the windows.

In Sweden, in fact almost all cars have seated heats as standard.
I have speced them on my Cali too, wife uses them on Max heat no matter how much I have been using the heater.

Back