Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6

Not sure it's standard. Brochure on web site says so under beach but on page 12-13 says

Cruise control.Available as an option, cruise control maintains the selected speed, or limits the top speed to a value set by the driver.

So still a ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who knows eh? Haha.
What a company!

So according to the new brochure there's no orange and pure grey but the Nov price list had it in. Shambles!

I think the exterior pack is fog lights, upgraded headlights to what the ocean comes with as standard and black wing mirrors. Shame the black wing mirrors are just unpainted plastic. I still like the look of the non coloured coded wing mirrors but coded handles.

Thank you.. it seems the Black B pillar was not on this pack then..

Did you see what front blinds your Beach has got?

Thank you.. it seems the Black B pillar was not on this pack then..

Did you see what front blinds your Beach has got?
No black pillars. :(
Pretty sure it's the old blinds not the pull out ones.

No black pillars. :(
Pretty sure it's the old blinds not the pull out ones.
The brochure shows the retractable blinds on the Beach standard page but I'd be surprised if it's correct! I think VW need to seriously look at the department responsible for producing their brochure and pricelists!

When I ordered my Golf R two years ago, they said the cloth seats were all one colour. When the cars starting coming through in the UK the seats were Black with light grey inserts.. They gave me £350 in John Lewis vouchers as compensation in the end!

Whats comes with the chrome pack? The Ocean has the extra chrome strips on the grill as standard which i was pleased to see on mine.
As the photos in Greenp's post show there are extra "chrome" strips on the lower grill, the bottom of the door panels and also the bottom edge of the tailgate. The black pillars must come with this option. The last spec list that I saw which was quite recent the chrome pack option had disappeared.
I like the extra chrome except for the strips on the door panels but I didn't think it was worth the money at the time of choosing options. I might have gone for if I had known about the black pillars as I think it looks less like a van. Too late now though.

Just placed by order for a T6 Beach 150bhp, with manual gearbox (I wimped out a the extra £1800 and possibility of huge bills should it fail after warranty, but may change my mind). I'm super excited and can't wait to start planning trips! I went for:
  • Candy White
  • Kutamo black interior
  • Black awning
  • Comfort Dashboard including Climatronic
  • 2 additional second row seats
  • 17" black and polished silver Cascavel wheels
  • All weather tyres (won't use summer tyres again in the UK after first using the on my last car - what a difference in the wet and slush/snow)
  • Discover Media satnav
  • DVE
  • Comfort matress
  • Cruise control and leather MFSW
  • Parking sensors, front and rear
  • Air parking heater and auxillary as per Ocean
  • Folding wing mirrors
  • Privacy glass
  • Extra sliding window, drivers side
My dealer also confirmed that three new solid colours have appeared on the ordering system for the Beach:
  • Bright Orange
  • Deep Ocean Blue
  • Pure Grey

Nice spec Tom. One question only. Have you tried one with DSG. I am a driver but when I got one 11 years ago for my wife's Touran I loved it and would not go back. Not a glitch in 11years and 100k+
Been about now for a long time not anything new. Enjoy !

I haven't, Michael. The last auto I use was a ye olde type torque converter on my 2008 V70. The DSG should be a huge step up in terms of responsiveness. That V70 gearbox was a turd, especially pulling out of junctions, if you did anything less than leapt on the pedal. It was as if Volvo wanted to prove their cars were safe by ensuring you got T-boned :D

I am confident the diving experience of the DSG is fantastic. I was only worried really about reliability. £1800 at purchase is less of an issue than the cost of failure after the 3 year point.

That said, I have in the last hour found out that I have been promoted with a decent pay rise, so maybe I am fated to get the DSG after all.... :D

Nice spec Tom. One question only. Have you tried one with DSG. I am a driver but when I got one 11 years ago for my wife's Touran I loved it and would not go back. Not a glitch in 11years and 100k+

I haven't, Michael. The last auto I use was a ye olde type torque converter on my 2008 V70. The DSG should be a huge step up in terms of responsiveness. That V70 gearbox was a turd, especially pulling out of junctions, if you did anything less than leapt on the pedal. It was as if Volvo wanted to prove their cars were safe by ensuring you got T-boned :D

I am confident the diving experience of the DSG is fantastic. I was only worried really about reliability. £1800 at purchase is less of an issue than the cost of failure after the 3 year point.

That said, I have in the last hour found out that I have been promoted with a decent pay rise, so maybe I am fated to get the DSG after all.... :D
God news indeed. Ordering a Cali and promotion. :)

Yes, I have been pinching myself at regular intervals to make sure I am awake!

DSG would certainly make town driving a lot more relaxing, as well as pootling around country roads looking for places to pull over and take photos (yes, I am one of those annoying people). I'm going to think hard about it.

God news indeed. Ordering a Cali and promotion. :)

Dmailer ... Exactly !!!! I did the math and ordered ACC... very happy with it... Thanks and loving the T6. Alot to learn about the California and the lifestyle. .. we will be taking out 1st trip next weekend. Good luck with yours and any questions please ask... Just mention you can not have side scan with ACC... I wanted it but told I could not have that selection.....Paul
i ordered ACC with the lane change assist..is this the same thing that you are taliking about?

Who knows eh? Haha.
What a company!

So according to the new brochure there's no orange and pure grey but the Nov price list had it in. Shambles!
Hi. I asked Guy and he checked on the order system: cruise is definitely chargeable on both Ocean & Beach and the orange and grey are available to order.

I'd have to agree: I've used VW DSG boxes in both VWs and Audis - fantastic and never an issue. A world apart from automatics of old!

I'd also recommend the dsg if you can justify the extra cash, I've got one in my Audi TT with 100,000 miles on it and it's a very smooth gear change and had no issues. It's only on the beach with the 150 engine people though, I was going to just get the basic engine, has anyone driven both and is it worth the extra 2k for more power?

i ordered ACC with the lane change assist..is this the same thing that you are taliking about?
Hi Shane when I ordered I could not order lane change assist (sidescan) VW said it wasn't possible ??? So I have ACC which comes with leather MFSW. Front assist with emergency city breaking. .... Very Very good system I love it (maybe not for everyone I understand ) if it now comes with lane change assist that sounds good !!!! Go for it Paul

Another DSG convert. Takes some stress out of running around town & manoeuvring in & out of traffic. Only thing I've noticed is its a bit keen on activating the stop start?

If anybody is considering heated windshield please be aware that it looks ugly. You can definitely see the wires in the glass and it really was pissing me off while driving test multivan )

If anybody is considering heated windshield please be aware that it looks ugly. You can definitely see the wires in the glass and it really was pissing me off while driving test multivan )

We've got it. Yes, noticed at first but after a few days, we wouldn't know it was there.

I have driven a few Fords with heated windscreens and I didn't like them, I did get used to it after a while but my eye was often drawn to the wires.

I have driven a few Fords with heated windscreens and I didn't like them, I did get used to it after a while but my eye was often drawn to the wires.
I've had a ford with one. Noticed the wires every now and again but on the whole your eyes learn to not focus on them. I wouldn't worry about it if you've ordered it. On a winters day you'll be very smug. :)
(It's a bit like living under a flight path, in the end you don't even notice the noise of the planes)

Had a subaru with it, disturbed by the looks of it and in proper swedish winter no use of it, ie wipers froze anyway.

I've got in on my Defender and its superb. Frost gone in seconds. There is a minor halo effect when driving at night but I simply don't notice it anymore.

Well considering most of cali owners get that independent heater, firing it from the remote will get all the windows properly defrosted )
I've also decided not to get seats heating just because of that handy remote heater that warms up the whole interior before even starting an engine.

Back