Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6

Perfect - thanks Mike. And Susibus for the original post. I actually emailed my dealer this morning observing that on the German configurator I could add side scan to ACC for £275. The UK price list actually shows it as £270 :) So we can have ACC, front assist, sidescan and the MF steering wheel (also included with ACC) for £1,070 (ex VAT) which is only £170 more than ordering standard cruise control + sidescan + front assist + the MF steering wheel. Seems like a no brainer since I had already decided that I wanted sidescan and front assist.

Perfect - thanks Mike. And Susibus for the original post. I actually emailed my dealer this morning observing that on the German configurator I could add side scan to ACC for £275. The UK price list actually shows it as £270 :) So we can have ACC, front assist, sidescan and the MF steering wheel (also included with ACC) for £1,070 (ex VAT) which is only £170 more than ordering standard cruise control + sidescan + front assist + the MF steering wheel. Seems like a no brainer since I had already decided that I wanted sidescan and front assist.
Agreed DMailer. Going to be my choice as well. Hopefully this will be confirmed by your dealer and I can cross one confusion off the list. :)

Paul, Last question re this (for now) have you got sidescan? If so was it includes within the ACC option or did you spec it separately?
Aidy, have you considered this option in conjunction with ACC?
Thanks both. Dave
Dave Sorry I missed this message... No I haven't got side scan as the dealer / VW said I couldn't have it with ACC???That was back in August...... I see the new price list now says it is an option...

Dave Sorry I missed this message... No I haven't got side scan as the dealer / VW said I couldn't have it with ACC???That was back in August...... I see the new price list now says it is an option...
Thanks Paul. I've seen the new price list and am awaiting a formal quote but it looks as though adding sides can to ACC will cost £270. How are you getting on with the ACC? Dave

Thanks Paul. I've seen the new price list and am awaiting a formal quote but it looks as though adding sides can to ACC will cost £270. How are you getting on with the ACC? Dave
I would recommend you go for the full package... ACC Front Assist MFSW city emergency braking and Side Scan.... Before I ordered mine alot of people were knocking this technology... but I stuck by my desicion... Results are I'm very happy and pleased with the way it works, maintaining Cruise Control slowing the Van down and maintaining distance when you approach a vehicle in front then speeding back up as the vehicle in front speeds up... Highly recommended ACC.. Guess even better with DSG

did you get the wifi or coupling box option and if not does the phone Bluetooth work without it.?

My dealer told me that all the T6 headunits have Bluetooth built-in as standard.
Agree... No I didn't go for WiFi someone on here commented VW wasn't that good ?? Also didn't go for coupling box... standard Bluetooth works great... Contact list on upgrade radio and even photos of favourite contacts on radio screen so one hit dialing.. phone controls from MFSW. Music from phone plays on media player Via Bluetooth. Hope this helps. Paul

Also didn't go for coupling box... standard Bluetooth works great...
I may be completely wrong on this but I think Bluetooth and the coupling box are completely different technologies - both very desirable. Bluetooth gives wireless communication/integration of phone and the car media system - it's a short range in-car wireless communication. The coupling box (I think!) enhances your phone's 3g/4g aerial signal for long range external communication - which seems like a very desirable option to me.
And wifi/WLAN is yet another separate bit of technology (and not so desirable in my experience). The box provides an in-car wireless access point (just like your home wireless router) and needs a SIM card

Oops pressed the wrong button.

....and needs a 3/4g SIM card to communicate externally to the Internet.

I have had a telephone call from VW about my request for a petrol version and my query about the coupling box and wi-fi. The caller was very helpful and will ensure my desire for a petrol option is passed on to the marketing team. In respect of the coupling box and wi-fi. Well to be fair it's complicated and he will endeavour to get an email sent to me fully explaining the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ACC includes the leather multifunction steering wheel.... and the £204 multifunction steering wheel includes cruise control, but the brochure says nothing about cruise control with the £330 leather multifunction steering wheel. Would I be right in thinking this one includes cruise as well?

I have no real need for ACC, but would like a leather steering wheel and cruise control. Can anyone help?

The ACC includes the leather multifunction steering wheel.... and the £204 multifunction steering wheel includes cruise control, but the brochure says nothing about cruise control with the £330 leather multifunction steering wheel. Would I be right in thinking this one includes cruise as well?

I have no real need for ACC, but would like a leather steering wheel and cruise control. Can anyone help?

I ordered cruise control option & the separate multifunction wheel. The brochure is too confusing. Wanted to make sure I definitely got media controls. I'll report back Monday when I see what options got delivered.

I ordered cruise control option & the separate multifunction wheel. The brochure is too confusing. Wanted to make sure I definitely got media controls. I'll report back Monday when I see what options got delivered.
If it helps... I can definitely say the leather MFSW that comes in the ACC package comes complete with Media controls along with telephone, ACC controls and MFD controls/selection... Also in the package is front assist with emergency city breaking.... ACC is fantastic (in my opinion).. Best Wishes Paul

My T6 has landed! Nipped into the dealer to see where my week 47 build was up to and he took me to the compound to look at it in the metal!
Waiting for 2016 to arrive before registering but am very excited to see the real thing. Here are a couple of pictures from the crowded van park.

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4451.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dave - are you sure its not mine haha - mine has arrived too - in yellow / 150 / black mirrors / black awning / anthracite ..... was told today its in a compound in Stratford on Avon - me too waiting for 2016 ..... what a beaut

Dave And Tim you guys might want to check the passenger side 'B' Post plastic moulding (see my thread).. VW might have flawless spares before March ??

My T6 has landed! Nipped into the dealer to see where my week 47 build was up to and he took me to the compound to look at it in the metal!
Waiting for 2016 to arrive before registering but am very excited to see the real thing. Here are a couple of pictures from the crowded van park.

View attachment 11166

View attachment 11167

View attachment 11168

Great colour Dave!!! I bet you're trembling with excitement. My build week is week two Jan. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said Monster Mats!!

Back