Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California order times

How long did it take to get your T6 California from ordering

• Total voters
As of yesterday our week 10 beach is still beached waiting for a boat so putting a positive spin on it I'm hoping to be the first post-Ved hiked Cali to the UK, lol!
Anyone else more advanced but still miss the date?

I'm also waiting for a Week 10 Ocean. The update last Monday was that it was in transit from factory to port so hopefully it is also now at the port waiting for a boat alongside your one (and Mr and Mrs B's Cali too).

Another trip to the shoe shop this morning to re-shoe my kids' rapidly growing feet has put the VED hike back into perspective - not such a big deal in the scheme of things.

Anyway, hopefully our Week 10 Calis will be in the UK next week and on their way to our dealers.

We are week 11 and still in Germany :0( We ordered 6th Sept. I have written to VW to complain - we had an assurance from VW supply our van was going to be a priority due to it slipping from week 2 and it would get here end of March but it hasn't. The same dealer got week 10 vehicles shipped you must have just missed out - sorry. When did you order? I will let you know what VW say when they reply.
Smudge.

We are week 11 and still in Germany :0( We ordered 6th Sept. I have written to VW to complain - we had an assurance from VW supply our van was going to be a priority due to it slipping from week 2 and it would get here end of March but it hasn't. The same dealer got week 10 vehicles shipped you must have just missed out - sorry. When did you order? I will let you know what VW say when they reply.
Smudge.
It doesn't make any sense on the ordering system at all. I ordered same time as you and was given wk 17 build, which was brought forward to wk 14 which I thought was next week, but told by dealer vw's run a 53 week system so build wk commencing 10/4. I feel sorry for the ones like you which vans have been built, and vw haven't got off their asses to get them shipped before the new ved came into affect :headbang

I feel sorry for the ones like you which vans have been built, and vw haven't got off their asses to get them shipped before the new ved came into affect :headbang
It may be the dealers, not VW. It is perfectly possible that VW shipped in a timely manner but the dealers didn't get their arses into gear to get the vehicles registered as soon as they his British soil.

Check with VW directly the build status. It is far easier for VW dealers to say that vehicles haven't been shipped than to check their status.

We were also week 10 build, our Cali has been at the port awaiting shipping since 23rd March. Our dealer was ready to register it as soon as it reached the UK, and at one point VW told us that it would be arriving at Grimsby last Wednesday or Thursday - it didn't happen though, at the end of last week it was still at Emden waiting to be put on a ship. Seems there are a few of us who have just missed the old tax rate - but I'm sure we'll all enjoy our Cali's when they do arrive...

Smudge.
which dealer had 10 vans delivered last week Smudge?

Check with VW directly the build status. It is far easier for VW dealers to say that vehicles haven't been shipped than to check their status.

Does anyone have a phone number for VW to check current status? - my dealer is probably getting fed up with me pestering him for updates!

Our dealer is in Preston - on the 22nd March I got an email saying 2 week 10's and a week 9 arrived in port on the 22nd.
VW Customer Care who can be reached on 0800 783 4909. You will need your SLi Order number.
I guess some week 10's made it and others didn't - also possible some week 10's made but dealer not able to register them. May not have had paperwork from buyer but I find that hard to believe if you could potentially save £1500...
I will hear back from VW in 2 days - I got an automated response from my email complaint - will let you know.

It sounds like the wait time has dropped from the peak of 9months or so. How long would someone expect to wait if they put an order down for a new Beach tomorrow?

I ordered mine in January week 12 for build dealer has confirmed end of this month

Our Van has arrived - 3 days to late. Still waiting to hear back from VW - will keep you posted.

Called VW today (pretty much given up asking our dealer for updates, it's quicker to phone VW direct). Our van is also now in the UK - as Smudge07 says, three days too late! They have told us that it should be with the dealer by next Thursday...excitement is building. Hope those of you that have been waiting with us find that your Cali's have also landed.

We vsited our dealer today for an update. Cali is now in the Import Compound in Kent and will be shipped to the dealer next week. Due to the Easter holiday we've arranged collection for 19 April. It's getting closer now!

We vsited our dealer today for an update. Cali is now in the Import Compound in Kent and will be shipped to the dealer next week. Due to the Easter holiday we've arranged collection for 19 April. It's getting closer now!
That's great, not long to go! Our Cali is still in Grimsby but the dealer thinks it should be with them next week as well, so we have arranged to collect on 18th April. Hopefully we'll both be able to post some photos after Easter. Enjoy collecting on the 19th :)

We ordered on 19 October and had a build of Week 10. She was waiting to be shipped from 16 March, but arrived in the UK last week.

When did you order.
We ordered on 19th September. Had a provisional build week 5 given early November, which gradually slipped until the confirmed week 10 in mid February. No logic at all in the system as far as we can tell, you can't estimate build dates from order dates as it varies so much.

Finally confirmed build date of Wk com 17th April . Ordered October 27th. Popping down to the shop open day tomorrow to pick up a few essentials and get some ideas.

Ordered 26 September 2016 and have been informed this week that I should be able to collect on 21 April 2017. So just shy of 7 Months, if I get it on the 21st...

Ordered mid November.

Unconfirmed build dates of wk13,14,18 and wk19.

Finally got a confirmed build wk19 today, but told builds are taking longer, need to allow 4 weeks for build and 6 weeks for shipment! 10 weeks total from build date. Is that what others are seeings?

Not sure if this is just an excuse from VW to hide slipping dates?

If correct, it means I won't get my hands on it until wk29.

It does seem a bit variable but 10 weeks a bit long.

Mine was build week 10 - w/c 6th March. Based on the snippets of information I have managed to get, it arrived in UK port on 3rd April (4 weeks) having spent a couple of weeks prior to that travelling from factory in Germany.

No idea when it will get to dealer - he indicated there were some delays currently transporting from UK port to dealerships - but thinks it might turn up this week. If it does then that will be 6 weeks from start of build week.

Hi all

Ordered mine on the 28th sept and got a confirmed build week of 13
Spoke to VW today and they also told me that the builds are taking four weeks now
Then allow four weeks after that for delivery.

Hi all

Ordered mine on the 28th sept and got a confirmed build week of 13
Spoke to VW today and they also told me that the builds are taking four weeks now
Then allow four weeks after that for delivery.
Mine was a week 14 build. I called VW the week before last and they said it was buing built week commencing last Monday. I then called them last Friday to be told it was built, and in quality control. So build took a week, Ordered 28th Sept too. Seems people being told different things. They said give 3 - 4 weeks for van to get to UK.

It does seem a bit variable but 10 weeks a bit long.

Mine was build week 10 - w/c 6th March. Based on the snippets of information I have managed to get, it arrived in UK port on 3rd April (4 weeks) having spent a couple of weeks prior to that travelling from factory in Germany.

No idea when it will get to dealer - he indicated there were some delays currently transporting from UK port to dealerships - but thinks it might turn up this week. If it does then that will be 6 weeks from start of build week.
It looks like we're in the same position as you. Last week our dealer told us Cali was at the import compound in Kent and should arrive at dealership this week. We've booked next Wednesday afternoon for collection, but unless she arrives today that's looking a little less likely as there are now the Bank Holidays to consider. Oh well, it will be worth the wait when she arrives.

Back