Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Countdown 3 - Begins. Scandinavia 2019

Well, I’m here. After lunch I’ll drive down to the waterfront campsite . Hopefully I’ll get the trip on the GoPro.
969B3322-2A89-4683-BC90-E8AE14D3FA41.jpeg

97ABB8BE-ADE8-47C9-8D83-0E0F8D81139D.jpeg

When I got here I parked up on the EMPTY side of the car park and when I got back I had 2 bodyguards, one on either side. Why do they always do that?

A42D4E98-29E4-4D17-887D-F6310BDD50BF.jpeg

:mad:

I believe there is a very large magnet in the Cali which attracts other vehicles that approach within about 200mtrs.
I've looked and looked but I can't find.

Well all parked up with a magnificent waterfall right in front of me. In fact 2 waterfalls, another one on the extreme R.
image.jpg

I’ve finally bullied Sally SatNav into routing me via the FV987, by telling it the other roads were closed. Can’t seem to get Google maps to use it. Nothing wrong with the road, the locals here have been waiting for it to open.
You can see the Road that was closed, chops almost 200 miles off the route to Bergen.

B70F60B6-9D0A-488A-89B5-32C4929E5A6B.jpeg

I think I’ve just upset a big German Motorhome as I’ve got the best spot with the best outlook. He tried to park next door but couldn’t get level and has now gone off in a huff.:happy

That Motorhome is back. They want 2 electric hookups. The campsite is having a major upgrade and not all the hookups are wired up. I'm not using mine so he had to park between 2 . Unfortunately he doesn't have the Blue connectors, so he is busy changing plugs.

The campsite is in the process of a major upgrade almost completed. The owner also has a bar and restaurant next door. Whilst having a beer, 3 car loads of tourists arrived, Americans, enquiring when the next ferry was due. A little upset to be told Wednesday..
June 1st a large passenger/ car ferry starts its summer service but until then there is a smaller ferry that delivers goods etc and which can take upto 4 medium cars or equivalent and it only comes when its got something to deliver. Not happy. They are now staying in 2 of the chalets overnight.

Lunchtime stop. The roads are empty.
47E682D4-3337-4AD4-8D04-C1AED3D9E337.jpeg

1311E638-5B05-4A11-B635-2D869019AE49.jpeg

Now pitched up. The road that was closed was excellent. Up onto the high lands. Single track with passing places. Very misty at some points surrounded by snow.
The trip out of Lyseboitn was interesting to say the least. Sports mode on the DSG was very helpful. Fortunately didn’t meet anyone coming down.
So I’m here.
CCCBE2EF-ECF0-4CE6-A588-697DD2776370.jpeg

And this is the view from the Van.

26F71C5E-768B-4E27-8898-5BF1457EAE82.jpeg

From here I’m heading for Tvindefossen, then the Lærdalstunnelen and finally the Trollstigen switch back road. Then we’ll have a think where else.

Was amazed at the number of cars LEAVING Denmark for Germany. For some 30+ miles on the E45/20 there were 2 solid lanes of cars, lots of coaches and the occasional HGV heading South, and it was only 11am. It was as if Denmark was being evacuated. It was at least 50 vehicles heading South for everyone heading North.
Maybe they heard I was coming.:shocked
Friday was a bank holiday in Denmark hence the evacuation. :thumb

Liking the GoPro Videos...keep them coming please

Liking the GoPro Videos...keep them coming please
I've got 2 to post but in the middle of nowhere and internet too slow. Have to wait until tomorrow I'm afraid.

One of roads I was planning on taking, yesterday, was closed due to a waterfall. 2 waterfalls that were close together had combined and instead of running down the mountain and under the road in a culvert there was so much water that it was falling directly on the road. A road worker at the barrier said there was a team up the mountain trying to separate the 2 streams that had combined. That was the easy option otherwise some serious roadworks.