WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Foreign Currency ordered ✔

Everything sorted now. Just have to fill the water tank and load my E bags of clothes.

Been checking the webcams, roads clear.

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Roadworks still ongoing on the E6?
I can’t confirm I’m afraid. I had to do an impromptu drive from Tromsø to Stavanger due to the SAS pilot strike. I took the lowlands through Sweden, which is pretty rapid. Door to door in 30 hours. It’s very much low season just now so the roads are empty.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I can’t confirm I’m afraid. I had to do an impromptu drive from Tromsø to Stavanger due to the SAS pilot strike. I took the lowlands through Sweden, which is pretty rapid. Door to door in 30 hours. It’s very much low season just now so the roads are empty.
Definitely quicker through Sweden.:thumb

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Well all boarded. Welcoming G&T. Big accident on the M4 westbound in the roadworks just past Reading just 10 cars ahead of me, dumper lorry, 3 vans and 3 cars. No one hurt and lots of roadworkers attending. Inner and outer lanes blocked but I was in middle lane and able to sneak through before the Police and Recovery Vehicles arrived or I would probably still be there.
598FE4CC-C1BA-488A-A4B1-EAB9B43B8542.jpeg

The satellite missed the Ferry.:cheers

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Well, getting onto the main route this morning was a trial. Google maps showed red on every main route, road works, accidents and just congestion everywhere. But Sally SatNav, my trusty RNS510 got me through it all without stopping and now I’m here, just outside Hamburg at Knaus Campingpark. Cali heaven for some as you drive through the local IKEA car park to access the campsite. Virtually empty and with a very modern, and heated, service block. Took me 10 minutes to set up and 2 Caravans that arrived just after are still not sorted and that was an hour ago.
99DFA4D8-40BD-4EC5-AB22-A7600EEAA397.jpeg

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
One observation, on the German Autobahn there were some speed limits on certain sections, work on hard shoulder, passing towns etc: Who are these limits for? The only drivers that seemed to be observing them were those with Non German Number plates. The locals certainly weren’t by a very wide margin. In the U.K. we have the ubiquitous “ Average Speed Cameras “. The authorities would make an absolute fortune if they fitted them on the Speed limited sections. Oh, and I have yet to see a Police Traffic car on the Autobahn yet. Mind you there might be undercover cars on there.

Trollhunter

Trollhunter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
If you are coming here to Bergen, try this place
Just a half hour from the city and you can park up looking out over the sea. We tested it out a couple of weeks ago, nice to wake up and have a brew looking out over the sea. Otherwise there are a couple of spots nearer the city centre if you don’t want to be out of town, but they are just car parks.

8900E0F0-B019-4147-A1DD-D11336DDF38F.jpeg

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
“ Average Speed Cameras “. The authorities would make an absolute fortune if they fitted them on the Speed limited sections. Oh, and I have yet to see a Police Traffic car on the Autobahn yet.
[/QUOTE
Leave it. its fine the way it is :Stig

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Rained all night but had stopped this morning but as soon as I got on the A7 heading North the heavens opened and it’s rained all day, but I think it may have just stopped, maybe.
Well interesting day. Got stopped at the Danish Border. Lots of Police and Army present. Were checking All vans, people carriers and cars with large boots. They new about the California though. After checking the boot, which was full I was asked to slide the bench seat forward so they could check behind. Weren’t interested in passports. Lorries were also being pulled over and searched. 6 young lads in a minibus were having their papers checked though.
Was amazed at the number of cars LEAVING Denmark for Germany. For some 30+ miles on the E45/20 there were 2 solid lanes of cars, lots of coaches and the occasional HGV heading South, and it was only 11am. It was as if Denmark was being evacuated. It was at least 50 vehicles heading South for everyone heading North.
Maybe they heard I was coming.:shocked
Anyway, campsite next to a marina nestled amide some major hotels and a very modern looking museum. Can’t see The Bridge to Malmo as it is still very misty.
4BF4BA3F-B127-49E5-8EFB-AC69810E5069.jpeg

DCDDED42-FC99-4291-B805-9F6449F0D40E.jpeg

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
While checking what the Toll was for the Oresund Bridge, Copenhagen to Malmo, I found you could purchase a ticket, single or return ( return valid for upto 30 days ) On-Line at a Discount.of about 10%.
Anyone interested details here.

Price list here.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Well I never saw the Oresund Bridge there was thick fog and low cloud. All I could see was the road in front. But, the fog lifted when I got to the Swedish side. Whizzed through the Toll Lane as I had bought an on-line pass and then All Stop. The Swedish Border Force were out in strength. This time a Passport Check and a look inside the vehicle. This time they were checking every vehicle and person.
Onto the campsite, near Stromstadt, convienient for the ferry from Moss ( Norway ) tomorrow so as to bypass Oslo.
Large campsite dedicated to water sports of one sort or another. Predominantly the usual large Caravans with patios etc: here for the year. But the tourers and tenters have little nooks and crannies alround the edge next to the beach or looking out over the fjord.
In front of the Van is a 30ft drop to a boardwalk bolted to the cliff face.
5EB74E77-096E-4F36-9AC7-2889BF797985.jpeg

B47EF0A8-3516-4D53-BDE7-2F37CF6DB668.jpeg

1CAEEA9A-49C7-471C-8309-2A68070E391A.jpeg

0DD9FEE8-D4D5-478D-8B7B-B2008C6413B1.jpeg

409DFDA3-9852-4CE0-9696-C1DAADBC5725.jpeg

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The Swedish do like their Flag Poles and flags.
The convention seems to be any roadside business must have a minimum of 3 with the same flag, and thereafter only in multiples of 3, so 6,9,12 etc. Most I saw were 24 outside a haulage business.:D

HTML