Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

travelling with dog.

Hi we have the rail anchor from Campervan bits with lead / short seat belt adaptor. Useful also when you have a stop or just setting up as the sliding door can be open with dog secured. Works for us with a lively dog!!
Yes that is a good use for it. Thank you ,

First weekend out with our van....we have a Border Collie Mix rescue pup- he weighs about 30kg (66 pounds)- we have a seat belt harness for him and he sits on the bench seat in the GC600. He also has a dog bed on the floor. But he has a bit of anxiety- I think because the front seats are so far away- in our car the front seats are very close to the back seat. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I don't think he enjoys sitting on the floor when the car is moving- the vibrations....similar to an elevator- which he really doesn't like (shakes).

I was looking at the car seats- really just to give him security (I think the sides would help him)- but most are only up to 25kgs. Has anyone found one for a larger dog?

We have a big trip coming up (3 weeks) and want to make it as anxiety free as possible for him!
kona van 2.jpg

Would the ‘hammock style’ set up work in a GC. I don’t know the layout, in particular the table, if it drops and slides away. The hammock may give a security feel.
I’m assuming GC has no ‘floor rails’ ( like our Cal Ocean, as no need) so you could place between rear seat and front seats some kind of support, level with rear seats, maybe boxes that could double as storage and pack away when parked up.The hammock would then attach to rear seats and the back of your front seats .
Amazon do a range of these hammocks.

Thought I would update with what I found for Kona! From Amazon, I got this dog car seat- it is elevated so he can see better and has high sides to help him feel secure. It also happens to match the van...bonus! Haven't taken him out yet for a drive, but after I installed and secured he jumped right in- so I think that is a good sign! Link on Amazon- I purchased the double- which is perfect for the GC600 bench and a dog Kona's size, but they also make a single for a smaller pup.

I also still have his harness/dog seat belt strapped in....I just didn't put it on for his test in the seat
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B093323FB4/
Kona Seat.jpg

As a cheaper alternative to the seat rail load securing ring on the club shop, I’ve fitted two of these to our floor rails. £50+ for one off the club shop seemed very steep for me. Just replace the fixed ring nut with a Nyloc nut and use some nylon washers to protect the rails.

Ledoo 4Pcs Lashing Eyelets for Load Securing, Secure Lashing for Luggage with 4Pcs Carabiner Hook and 4Pcs Washers and 4Pcs Silicone Washers Compatible with VW T5 T6(M10) https://amzn.eu/d/8Wzd7wN

Tie Down Anchors Heavy Duty V-Ring Hook Load Anchor Trailer Securing Lashing Rings for Car Truck Boat Warehouse Black 4 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/2wk2Op2

yeah thats what we were thinking. I was shocked at the price though.
Yes, I was lucky to find one for sale on here for £25, which I still thought was a bit more than it should be